Perth gets yet more expensive

VERYSTORMY

During the depression folk lived in the sand dunes catching rabbits for tucker.

So Qld gov't got something right eh?..............seeing as rabbits are banned?.....................If it gets too bad I suppose we can always eat rats...............seems the Chinese, with a better growth rate than ours, are already indulging.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Qld gov't got something right eh?..............seeing as rabbits are banned?.....................If it gets too bad I suppose we can always eat rats...............seems the Chinese, with a better growth rate than ours, are already indulging.

No doubt rat catchers from the Middle Kingdom have been giving elevated immigration status approval in preperation.. I don't get the banana benders ban on home grown lapin though....

And the implication in your reply is that you would not then bother to find out the reality of GP land. Like, for instance, how when I inject a joint to aspirate fluid and inject a steroid, that service is completely free. No charge permitted. Government removed that item. You could, of course, find a bulk billing only practice, but you might find it cheaper and also less helpful, as they need to churn patients through to make the buck you think they are earning. How about, when I remove a lump from your body, taking about 30 minutes all told, time I spend hovering over your blood-streaming surface, I am unable to bill Medicare until I get the histology back, I pay for the consumables, the sutures, the nurses time and yet I receive $30 or so for that half hour after paying costs. And don't mention the requirement to keep calm when a hysterical patient regales me about the concerns for her slightly bent finger, and could it be an osteosarcoma, the kind which took her aunt some 10 years ago. Or the fact that the GP devotes a considerable amount of time to helping those who do not really wish to do anything for their own health, and begrudge paying for the service, under the impression that a doctor should supply services free.

No doubt rat catchers from the Middle Kingdom have been giving elevated immigration status approval in preperation.. I don't get the banana benders ban on home grown lapin though....

Just as I don't get the Cockroaches only allowing one crab pot whilst allowing the taking of females, whilst Qld allows 4 crab pots but ban the taking of females. Likewise, catch an estuary cod north of the tweed and you can keep it.............whilst somehow, magically, a couple of hundred metres southinto NSW they're an endangered species with a no take? :wacko:

And the implication in your reply is that you would not then bother to find out the reality of GP land. Like, for instance, how when I inject a joint to aspirate fluid and inject a steroid, that service is completely free. No charge permitted. Government removed that item. You could, of course, find a bulk billing only practice, but you might find it cheaper and also less helpful, as they need to churn patients through to make the buck you think they are earning. How about, when I remove a lump from your body, taking about 30 minutes all told, time I spend hovering over your blood-streaming surface, I am unable to bill Medicare until I get the histology back, I pay for the consumables, the sutures, the nurses time and yet I receive $30 or so for that half hour after paying costs. And don't mention the requirement to keep calm when a hysterical patient regales me about the concerns for her slightly bent finger, and could it be an osteosarcoma, the kind which took her aunt some 10 years ago. Or the fact that the GP devotes a considerable amount of time to helping those who do not really wish to do anything for their own health, and begrudge paying for the service, under the impression that a doctor should supply services free.

You should have gone into surgery..or oncology. Sounds like you don't have much time for hysterical patients though, lol

You should have gone into surgery..or oncology. Sounds like you don't have much time for hysterical patients though, lol

Indeed......sounds like someone did not study, or more likely did not understand, the psychological aspects of their profession

I do draw the line at bare feet, only because they hurt on rough surfaces. I wear the footwear of all good aussies, the ugg boot. PJs and uggs, clothing of champions.

That's another expense!! Pedicures to get rid of the black skin off my heels after spending a lot of time barefoot or thong clad! The look on the little nail bar ladys face as she shaved off lumps of grey skin was priceless

That's another expense!! Pedicures to get rid of the black skin off my heels after spending a lot of time barefoot or thong clad! The look on the little nail bar ladys face as she shaved off lumps of grey skin was priceless

$40 well spent every 3 weeks in my world, nothing worse than manky feet.

Don't you feel sorry for the girls though? Where do you go NB? I try to do my own but much nicer having someone else do it. Those massage chairs are a bit rough though!

I turn the massage chairs off, I go to professionail in Joondalup and have done for 7 years. They see far worse than my feet so I never worry too much about my own. I don't go as often in the winter though as they are usually hidden.

Rural GP, does everything. And actually one of my main interests is managing psychological issues, prefer NLP direction. Just really un-PC and cannot abide wilful idiots.

Archived