The all new UK weather game.......

Perthbum

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If last year was dry I would hate to see it wet. Poor prince Phillip ended up in hospital it was that wet and cold

It was our wettest year on record, but after years of below average rainfall the weather experts tought it was going to be another year of drought...how wrong they were :biglaugh:...look at this from the beginning if last year.

This was April last year.

Official drought zones have been declared in a further 17 English counties, as a warning came that water shortages could last until Christmas.

The Environment Agency said dry weather over the past few months had left some rivers in England exceptionally low.

It has now extended its "drought map" into the Midlands and the South West.

Officials say public water supplies are unlikely to be affected by the continuing drought, but are reiterating calls for water to be used wisely.

England's South West and the Midlands have moved into official drought status after two dry winters "left rivers and ground waters depleted", the agency said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17690389

freak weather all over the world:sad: rainfall well above average in australia in 2013 and previous years haven't been much better..

• eptember 2010 - wettest September on record for Australia, Queensland, NT

• October 2010 - third wettest October on record for Australia, wettest for NT

• Spring 2010 - wettest on record for Australia, Queensland, NSW, and the NT and the second-wettest for SA.

• December 2010 - second wettest on record for Australia, wettest for Queensland. SOI highest on record for this month.

• January 2011 - Victoria had its wettest January on record.

• February 2011 - second-wettest February on record and SA and WA their wettest and second-wettest, respectively.

• Summer 2011 - Australia and WA recorded second wettest summer on record. Victoria recorded its wettest summer and SA its third-wettest.

• March 2011 - highest-on-record rainfall for the month in Australia, Queensland and the NT.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/aus/summary.shtml

Yes...oz gets more rain than people realise.

It was our wettest year on record, but after years of below average rainfall the weather experts tought it was going to be another year of drought...how wrong they were :biglaugh:...look at this from the beginning if last year.

This was April last year.

Official drought zones have been declared in a further 17 English counties, as a warning came that water shortages could last until Christmas.

The Environment Agency said dry weather over the past few months had left some rivers in England exceptionally low.

It has now extended its "drought map" into the Midlands and the South West.

Officials say public water supplies are unlikely to be affected by the continuing drought, but are reiterating calls for water to be used wisely.

England's South West and the Midlands have moved into official drought status after two dry winters "left rivers and ground waters depleted", the agency said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17690389

You wouldn't know what dry weather was if it jumped up and bit you on the ass

Yes, there has been some extreme weather all over the world, droughts in England, devastating floods in Australia. Although its normal for SE England to have less rainfall than perth and Brisbane. Perth is geting some terrible weather at the moment, I wish i could send then some of our sunshine:xmas26:

Mate we had 3 days of highish winds and a lot of rain. That was about the sum of it. Was back on the beach yesterday. Great fun in the surf ski for an hour or so decent waves still.

The UK had had 3 weeks of decent weather and everyone is saying what a fantastic summer they've had. Don't woory about sending us some of your sunshine, we've got 8 months of very good weather to come, guaranteed.:cool:

Mate we had 3 days of highish winds and a lot of rain. That was about the sum of it. Was back on the beach yesterday. Great fun in the surf ski for an hour or so decent waves still.

The UK had had 3 weeks of decent weather and everyone is saying what a fantastic summer they've had. Don't woory about sending us some of your sunshine, we've got 8 months of very good weather to come, guaranteed.:cool:

:daydreaming:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Dont knock our few weeks of nice hot sunny weather here in the UK, the previous two summers were horrible, I'm starting to thaw out at last, lol.

3 months of decent weather mate, even though the last month has been just to hot....ain't you been watching Wimbledon an the ashes :cute:

p.s I must have just been unlucky as the decent weather lasted about 4 months the 3 years I was there.

Edited by Perthbum

3 months of decent weather mate, even though the last month has been just to hot....ain't you been watching Wimbledon an the ashes :cute:

p.s I must have just been unlucky as the decent weather lasted about 4 months the 3 years I was there.

Hahaha, May was cold, I'm lead to believe, I was in Aus for most of it so cant comment 100%. June struggled to get above 20 and its really only been nice this month. Saying that I think I've been here too long now and am just about happy with a month of good weather, hell, I will even go so far as saying we have had a summer this year.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hahaha, May was cold, I'm lead to believe, I was in Aus for most of it so cant comment 100%. June struggled to get above 20 and its really only been nice this month. Saying that I think I've been here too long now and am just about happy with a month of good weather, hell, I will even go so far as saying we have had a summer this year.

There was 14 days of temps above 20 degrees in June and just 3 days in May, in London, not always sunny though, but ...... This is far hotter than usual.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I love the weather we have had for this month, especially when you poms complain that its too hot, never happy you lot ;)

Don't count me in that, I bloody love it BABY, lol