The all new UK weather game.......

Perthbum

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you saying 'no' pablo lol?

don't be silly simmo! Playground stuff that is! :laugh:

No as in two quilts,(sent it too early)at some stage in the night youre bound to end up with two quilts covering yer=roasting hot!

Oh you posted too soon, well lately i've not been actually using the duvet but did last night, hate not having it around me! Cooler today too it's loveeely. I told Paul if i could sleep in separate beds i would, i'm so cruel :laugh: i just really need my space and peace and quiet when i sleep! We have a super king size bed so duvet doesn't normally end up overlapping, like i say because i cocoon myself lol.

Edited by BritChickx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Well it s now the magic 50 days of 20 or over, I am so glad the temp has dropped from a horrible 32c to a peasant but still very warm 25c, this heat has not been welcomed by workers I was reading and the only eopke really happy are the older retired ones like hoff who can just sit in front of a fan all day and visit forums, I much preferred the summers over the last 6 years to be honest apart from last year, they were warm and sunny but not with this horrible heat.....this heat as done some good though showing people what it can be in oz but hotter.

On the 8th of July you said this ..... Ok 37 days of 20 or over...........yehhhh baby.

Since then there's been another 19 days which equals 56.

Have you any idea just how many days it actually is? Lol

Heatwave to continue into next week and beyond:eek:

I hope they dont start a hose pipe ban I've been using the sprinkler on my grass every morning and evening, don't water grass in direct sun or it will scorch.

Edited by simmo

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Heatwave to continue into next week and beyond:eek:

I hope they dont start a hose pipe ban I've been using the sprinkler on my grass every morning and evening, don't water grass in direct sun or it will scorch.

They said last week the reservoirs are still quite full because of the wash out summer last year, don't fret, lol.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
don't be daft mate:laugh: last year was the driest since 1976.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/drought/9205639/Britain-faces-worst-drought-since-1976.html

10:00PM BST 15 Apr 2012 lol..

Eh ????!

Heavy rain causes chaos as summer confirmed as wettest in 100 years

Train derailed and people forced from homes by latest instances of bad weather in extraordinarily damp year

The Guardian, Thursday 30 August 2012 17.54 BST

Forecasters have confirmed what many suspected: summer 2012 in England and Wales has been the biggest washout for a century. The Met Office said it had been the one of the dullest on record, one of the coolest, and the soggiest since 1912.

from 2012

Half of Britain is now in drought as the country faces its most severe water shortage since 1976, the Environment Agency warns today.

More than 35 million people are now living in drought-affected areas, with water shortages today declared across the Midlands and South West.

Parts of the country are already drier than they were in the summer of 1976, when Britain experienced its worst drought for more than 100 years.

amazing how people convince themselves of things they want to beleive. lol:laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
from 2012

amazing how people convince themselves of things they want to beleive. lol:laugh:

I know it rained that hard and that long last summer, I was going to build an Ark, lol

Apparently it was far worse darn sarf.

I know it rained that hard and that long last summer, I was going to build an Ark, lol

Apparently it was far worse darn sarf.

oops, sorry mate:embarrassed: i thought you was on about England.

Yes the flooding in austraila seems to get worse every year!:sad: I hope they get a decent summer this year.

Yes, there has been some extreme weather all over the world, droughts in England, devastating floods in Australia. Although its normal for SE England to have less rainfall than perth and Brisbane. Perth is geting some terrible weather at the moment, I wish i could send then some of our sunshine:xmas26:

freak weather all over the world:sad: rainfall well above average in australia in 2013 and previous years haven't been much better..

• eptember 2010 - wettest September on record for Australia, Queensland, NT
  • October 2010 - third wettest October on record for Australia, wettest for NT
  • Spring 2010 - wettest on record for Australia, Queensland, NSW, and the NT and the second-wettest for SA.
  • December 2010 - second wettest on record for Australia, wettest for Queensland. SOI highest on record for this month.
  • January 2011 - Victoria had its wettest January on record.
  • February 2011 - second-wettest February on record and SA and WA their wettest and second-wettest, respectively.
  • Summer 2011 - Australia and WA recorded second wettest summer on record. Victoria recorded its wettest summer and SA its third-wettest.
  • March 2011 - highest-on-record rainfall for the month in Australia, Queensland and the NT.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/aus/summary.shtml

Guest Guest26012
Yes, there has been some extreme weather all over the world, droughts in England, devastating floods in Australia. Although its normal for SE England to have less rainfall than perth and Brisbane. Perth is geting some terrible weather at the moment, I wish i could send then some of our sunshine:xmas26:

Lol! We get two days of rain and wind and its suddenly terrible weather in Perth. Don't forget it's winter here and we still hit temps of 20 deg in the daytime. Just so bloody sick of the comparisons of oz and the uk! It's bloody boring! So there!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Lol! We get two days of rain and wind and its suddenly terrible weather in Perth. Don't forget it's winter here and we still hit temps of 20 deg in the daytime. Just so bloody sick of the comparisons of oz and the uk! It's bloody boring! So there!

This is a UK weather thread, just how Australia came in to it I don't know, we all know the weathers fantastic over there for most of the year and for once ...... It's great here as well. YEAH BABY YEAH.