Classy Brits in Clarkson

Aussie Hopeful

Last night I was reminded exactly why I am desperate to get out of chavtastic, bogansville cra* pit they call Clarkson and in fact out of Perth as soon as humanly possible. Just as I launched into a deep sleep my wife and I were awoken by some southeners in a car who had kindly pulled up outside of my house who had clearly enjoyed an evening of intoxication. I was initially annoyed by the noise and slamming of car doors, but seemed to settle. Just as I was about to drop back off, a different noise this time woke us both and as we looked out of the door, both were unashamedly at it in the back of the car and intent on letting the whole street know exactly how much they were enjoying themslves. If that wasn't bad enough, it would appear that the car would not allow them enough room to manouvre so decided it would be a good idea to get out of the car completely stark naked and continue outside of the car. As a young family moving into Perth with the promise of such a great family friendly place I was absolutely disgusted by the whole experience. Some might find it funny, but when you have a child sleeping in the room next door it certainly isn't. I wouldn't mind but this isn't the first time and when we aren't faced with this, the chavs next door are having a domestic after an alcohol fuelled night out. Needless to say a letter has been written to the council, but no doubt nothing will happen. before anyone says anything, in 32 years living in the UK I never experienced so much cra* in one place anywhere I lived!

If anyone is considering a move to Clarkson, I wouldn't bother if I was you. Unless of course if you enjoy dogging!

Get me out of here!!!!

#notlivingthedream

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have got the hose on them or big bucket of cold water, thats how they seperate stray dogs isnt it?!!

Seriously though that type of behaviour outside of your home regardless of where you live is unacceptable and I dont blame you for being upset and angry

I am no fan of Perth and will be going back to the UK shortly but you cannot judge the rest of the Perth by Clarkson, it would be like jiudging the whole of the UK by Middlesbrough (picking on poor old Boro because it's where I'm from not to offend anyone!). Unfortunately many migrants from the UK can only afford to live in the poorer areas of Perth but there are many very nice suburbs in Perth so before throwing the towel in it may be worth trying somewhere else. SOR is cheaper and therefore you can live in a 'better' area for a simlar rent/house price.

Sounds disgusting but as others have said you can't really judge a whole city on one incident, although sounds a bit like the OP has had other things happen.

Unable to comment on Clarkson as I don't live anywhere near there but If this isn't a one off, then yeh I would want to get out too.

i remember my first proper weekend in Perth, went exploring, stopped off at Hillarys boat harbour for a drink and snack. Based on the amount of Brits their and the way the were behaving I'm surprised I didn't catch the first plane out of Perth, destination anywhere would have done.

I truely felt as if I had landed in Benidorm in the middle of stag/hen season. Disgusting people with no respect for anybody else.

Didn't hang around, got out of there quick sharp.

9 months later, thankfully never come across anything like that again. Totally love the area I live in, love Perth in general but of course there must be bad areas.

Maybe OP sharing his experience will help others out.

plenty of research people can do to check areas before committing

I have lived in the what is classed as the worst suburbs/area of Perth for the last 25 years nearly and never had anything happen like you witnessed,we have had a great life and never had any trouble. But I do get judged on where I live and I don't care I live in a great community apart normal trouble and I live SOR.I do hope things get better in Clarkson or you find a more suitbable Suburb, good luck but don't write off Perth just yet :-) xx

Its no fun being woken up by inconsiderate neighbours.We had the neighbours from hell,and I'm not sure what was worse,being woken up on a work night and spending the following day knackered at work,or being woken on a weekend and then spending your day off too tired to do anything.I think I'd ring the cops next time.I don't begrudge people having a good time (not sex on the front lawn either lol)but when they disturb you regularly,its very annoying.

I am no fan of Perth and will be going back to the UK shortly but you cannot judge the rest of the Perth by Clarkson, it would be like jiudging the whole of the UK by Middlesbrough (picking on poor old Boro because it's where I'm from not to offend anyone!). Unfortunately many migrants from the UK can only afford to live in the poorer areas of Perth but there are many very nice suburbs in Perth so before throwing the towel in it may be worth trying somewhere else. SOR is cheaper and therefore you can live in a 'better' area for a simlar rent/house price.

Funnily enough I'm from Middlesbrough too!! In all the years I lived there I never witnessed anything so disgraceful and at least the people are down to earth and friendly! I've lived all over the UK and Clarkson is in a league of its own and by far the worst place I have lived!

And yes everybody, we did do our research but like many other families we were desperate for somewhere to live because every house we went to view turned into a bidding war! Trust me, Clarkson wasn't my first choice! how bad could it be we thought!!?? i know what everyone is saying about not basing our experience of Perth on Clarkson, but Living here is just one contributing factor to a raft of factors for us wanting to move out of Perth. I'm not even going to go there with that because it will just turn into a love perth vs hate perth argument!

To answer some other posts, yes I have some evidence that has been handed over to relevant authorities. However I am willing to sell copies to those who seem to think that this kind of behaviour is acceptable for say... The cost of a one way ticket to Melbourne!

If you've decided you don't want to live in Perth then start doing something about it - I would personally however, give another suburb a try as it can change your whole experience. But at the end of the day - you're the one living your life and the one who has to make the decisions - no point being unhappy

I would have phoned the police. It's illegal in the UK (public indecency - if convicted then placed on sex offenders register).

Not if in a PSE ('Public Sex Environment' - they do exist), there the police would have folded their clothes for them and cautioned you for interfering with their human right to copulate like crazed weasels.

Not if in a PSE ('Public Sex Environment' - they do exist), there the police would have folded their clothes for them and cautioned you for interfering with their human right to copulate like crazed weasels.
this true? if at happened ootside ma hoose at bloke wudna be able tae sit doon for a week, bloody alful an disgusting. pse my arse

Clarkson is a hole..... Why move to Australia if the cost of living is higher than the UK in the first place.

Sunshine and a shiny new house I would guess, seems to be the answer to people's dreams. Bit shallow to me, but then who am I to judge

Archived