Visa 175 - G5

parissa

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question. I've applied on 22'nd Jan. 2009 & according to the table, online application(175) date's 1 Feb. 2009. What does it mean? I have a CO now?

Did you lodge your application online?

If so, your CO will contact with you soon.

No, I'm waiting for requesting them by a CO.

I checked allocation table.

It says applications will not be allocated over the Christmas and New Year period.

So they might stop visa processing.

I think it is better for you to prepare your application for assessment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My case officer has replied on friday after receiving meds and UK police checks and now requires a police check for South Africa for myself even though I have been living in the UK for 10 years, the application states that a police check is needed for every country you have lived in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years, which I have only spent about 4 or 5 months back in SA for holidays etc, does anyone have any similar experiences and would this apply from now as the case officer has just asked for it, I would understand if they required a police check when I applied for the 175 visa 5 years ago but that doesnt makes sense, I dont mind applying for the SA check but it takes a painful amount of time to be processed so was hoping to avoid another delay more than anything.

Thanks in advance

Archived