Visa 175 - G5

parissa

Hello everyone,

I have got the GRANT today!

After a so long wait, I can't even realize it's happening now.

Here is my timeline :

Visa Type: 175 Online

Application Submitted: 15 Feb 2010

GSM Case Officer - Team 32 Brisbane: 25 March 2014

PCC and Meds finalised: 31 March 2014

Grant notification: 16 April 2014

Low Risk Country

I wish a speedy grant to all of you still waiting. We all deserve it !

Congradulation Mate :). It was very quick. THis is the beauty of being from LR country. Enjoy it :)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline :

Low Risk Country

Congrats to you !!.. All the best :)

Please advise;

(175 g5 paper based jan 2010) all applications are allocated and it has been more than three weeks but i still have not recived any emails from a case officer. What should i do ?

Thank you...

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do. My guess (my hope) is that the reason that they have allocated us is that they intend us for this years quota. I hope this means that we will have to be processed by end of June.

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do. My guess (my hope) is that the reason that they have allocated us is that they intend us for this years quota. I hope this means that we will have to be processed by end of June.

All I have is this Client ID number (with a request number) and I have only received 3 emails from DIAC after they received my application. One was to inform me that they have my applicaiton and they gave me my ID numbers. Second was to inform me that I was no longer in priority group 3 and was moved to 4. Third was also to infrom me that they have opened up a group 5 and I was moved to this new group and that I can withdraw or keep waiting...

But no emails from a case officer stating that my application is now allocated and that it is being processed. Are you pretty much in the same stiuation ?

woohoo, our case officer finally appeared!!! :) our only concern is that she is requesting documents relating work experience, but we have not included that in our application as we had the points without it anyway. So we are a little worried atm... :(

congratz to you and your family, wish you guys all the best!!

woohoo, our case officer finally appeared!!! :) our only concern is that she is requesting documents relating work experience, but we have not included that in our application as we had the points without it anyway. so we are a little worried atm... :(

Whats your timeline?

Hi guys...

I've send a complaint to IGIS regarding my long-waiting security check... They just copy/paste the last reply... and only defer the next email to October 2014... God knows what the hell is going on ....

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application.

This office is the Office of the Inspector General of Intelligence and Security (OIGIS) and we do not process visa applications or make security assessments. We do, however, oversee the agency that conducts security assessments if one is required as part of the application process.

The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is the agency responsible for conducting security assessments. We contact ASIO for information about visa applications to check ASIO’s handling of any security assessment associated with the application.

We are able to check whether or not ASIO is acting unreasonably or has made a processing error but we are not able to direct ASIO to change the priority of a case, or make the process quicker for a particular applicant. Only the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) can do this.

I have now conducted an inquiry into this case and advise that there is no unexplained delay, illegality or impropriety by ASIO affecting this case. The application appears to be progressing through expected channels and there are no grounds for any further action by this office at this stage.

I understand that this visa application was lodged some time ago, and more than 12 months has now elapsed without finalisation. However, many other applicants are also experiencing similar delays. Please note that the length of time taken to process the visa is not necessarily indicative of the outcome of the application. You should also note that, in the experience of this office, timeframes advised on the DIBP website for the processing of visa applications are a guide only.

You should maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for updates regarding the status of this visa application. If you have not received an outcome for the visa application by October 2014 then you may contact this office again for another inquiry.

unfortunately i don't think there is anything you can do. My guess (my hope) is that the reason that they have allocated us is that they intend us for this years quota. I hope this means that we will have to be processed by end of june.

i tried calling the immi office; the phone got disconnected 3 times after waiting in line for about 45 minutes on each call and finally i've got a hold of them on my last call which was another 40 some minutes of waiting in line and i asked the lady if she could help me with some information about the status of my application...

She must have been really tired or was having a bad day because she replied right away ''probably not'' so i kindly asked her to hear me out and tried to her about my situation… while she tried to direct me to the immi web site, asking me to check the allocation dates… which i told her i already did and even though it says all applications are allocated i still have not been contacted by a case officer… and asked her about the two week contact period which they mention on the web site...

She simply just told me to keep waiting and that the case officers were probably to busy but would eventually contact me when ever they get the chance...

Still can't believe she did not even try to reach my file… you were right!! Unfortunate but true, there is nothing i can do but wait….

Any updates?

Listing of 'Visa 175 Group 5' forumers & their application date:

parissa - Feb 2008 (CO assigned Oct 2012)

Kransky - Mar 2008 (Granted Nov 2012)

Singhb - Apr 2008 (CO assigned)

rajmhrj - Apr 2008 (Granted April 2013)

rani - June 2008 (Granted Jan 2013)

Patient175er - July 2008 (CO assigned Oct 2013)

The Constant Traveller - July 2008 (Granted Nov 2013)

mhm - July 2008 (CO assigned Oct 2013)

owensfamily - Aug 2008 (Granted Oct 2012)

kimmo88 - Aug 2008 (CO assigned Oct 2013|Granted Jan 2014)

sergYou - Aug 2008 (CO assigned)

mado - Aug 2008 (CO assigned) HR

Thilagamdiraviam - Sep 2008 (Granted May 2013)

Chris N Lora - Oct 2008

Pincher - Oct 2008 (CO assigned Mar 2014) *Paper-based applicant

southafrican - Nov 2008 (CO assigned Dec 2013|Granted Jan 2014)

Yori Dori - Nov 2008 (CO assigned)

halcyon66 - Nov 2008 (CO assigned|Granted Jan 2014)

catherine - Dec 2008

kutzu - Dec 2008 (CO assigned Dec 2013|Granted Jan 2014)

Racoon - Dec 2008 (Granted Dec 2013)

Tjd - Dec 2008 (CO assigned)

mar1380 - Jan 2009 (CO assigned Jan 2014)

myrosact - Feb 2009 (CO assigned Jan 2014|Granted Feb 2014)

aj78 - Feb 2009 (CO assigned Jan 2014)

retrodrive - Feb 2009 (CO assigned Jan 2014)

A4Ron - Mar 2009 (CO assigned Jan 2014)

SunnyBunny - Mar 2009 (CO assigned Feb 2014|Granted Mar 2014)

biker175 - Mar 2009 (Granted Dec 2013)

Scott2013 - Mar 2009 (CO assigned Feb 2014|Granted Mar 2014)

rachiru - Apr 2009

phearn007 - Apr 2009

jvkster - May 2009 (CO assigned Mar 2014|Granted Apr 2014) *Paper-based applicant (Low Risk)

fahdmugal - May 2009 (CO assigned Mar 2014) *Paper-based applicant

ARCHA - May 2009 (CO assigned Feb 2014)

kwok - June 2009 (CO assigned Feb 2014)

Fatema Merchant - June 2009 (CO assigned Mar 2014) *Paper-based applicant

Grahamsyuk – Jul 2009

marconi - Jul 2009 (CO assigned Feb 2014)

dream208 - Jul 2009

matteo - Jul 2009

FlashP5sub175 - Sep 2009 (CO assigned Mar 2014|Granted Mar 2014)

EmmyTan - Dec 2009

Kish – Dec 2009 (CO assigned Mar 2014) *Paper-based applicant

King11 - Jan 2010 (CO assigned Apr 2014)

Freimann - Feb 2010 (CO assigned Mar 2014)

termis - Feb 2010 (CO assigned Feb 2014)

PTL - Mar 2010

AndreiG5 - Mar 2010 (CO assigned Mar 2014|Granted Apr 2014) (High Risk)

lala87 - Apr 2010

Let me know if you are in this group and your application date. I'll add you in. This way, we can keep track of each others status. Jvkster on behalf of kimmo88

Hi all,

I've been following your threads for some times and have decided to register to share my timeline.

VE175 G5: Paper based application

Date: (2 Oct 2008) LR Country

CO allocated: 12 Feb 2014

GSM: Adelaide Teams 6

PCC: uploaded March 2014

Medical: will be done on 10 May 2014

(following change in circumstances)

Visa Grant: ......

Wishing u all of you a speedy & positive reply.

JYJA

Edited by JYJA
changes & request for additional docs!

Hello everyone,

Here is my timeline :

Low Risk Country

congratzzz,

You had same team with me.

Can you please tell me the case officer name?

my CO has not answered to me.... and the name is JP

Edited by rhodes144

Finally!! I have been contacted by a case officer today... (adelaide gsm team7) they have asked me for my medical exams and police certificates.... I will let you all know as soon as I get the grant :)) (fingers crossed)

GSM175 visa G5 jan 2010 paper based High Risk country

Finally!! I have been contacted by a case officer today... (adelaide gsm team7) they have asked me for my medical exams and police certificates.... I will let you all know as soon as I get the grant :)) (fingers crossed)

GSM175 visa G5 jan 2010 paper based High Risk country

Firstly, Congratulations MGMICI, I wish you a speedy grant

@DIBP - sort out your flipping processes. I applied July 2009, online, low risk and still waiting for contact from CO. The official website said 2 months ago I would be contacted within 2 weeks. Its a flippin joke and this waiting is making me ill! <end of rant>

EmmyTan - applied on Dec 2009 , low risk, paper application ..... not yet contacted by CO although it's said on the web site that pri 5 is all allocated. :'(

Hello all, finally, I got contacted by CO yesterday (adelaide gsm team8). I've been requested for the health check and police clearance.. I will keep you posted when I get the grant. :D

Hello dear 175 G5 friends,

Just thought I shd share since I've gathered alot of information from this page.

175 Application date: Jun 2009 Paper LR

CO Assigned: 28 Mar 2014

Medical and PCC submitted: 19 Apr 2014

Currently awaiting grant.

Hello dear 175 G5 friends,

Just thought I shd share since I've gathered alot of information from this page.

175 Application date: Jun 2009 Paper LR

CO Assigned: 28 Mar 2014

Medical and PCC submitted: 19 Apr 2014

Currently awaiting grant.

Hi Hoggie,

Waiting in the same boat..... wish you all the best

Hello all,

I'm now preparing the documents as per their request though I have couple of questions regarding the requested documents. :$ , could anyone of you help advise me, please??? :$

About form 80, could I do as following?

- I print it out and complete it with my hand writing

- Then scan it as a pdf file eg. form80.pdf.

- I attach the form80.pdf file in a reply to the adelaid team.

or I should send it (paper) as a mail to the adelaid office ?

oh... and do I need to attach a photo on the form ?

About PCC, could I scan it (if I understood it correctly, it should be color scan?) and send it as an attachment in a reply to the adelaid team ?

About Medical exams, I understood the hospital will send it online to the adelaid team directly, am I correct ?

Sorry for many questions above and I do Thank you so so much for any of your advices. :)

Hello all,

I'm now preparing the documents as per their request though I have couple of questions regarding the requested documents. :$ , could anyone of you help advise me, please??? :$

About form 80, could I do as following?

- I print it out and complete it with my hand writing

- Then scan it as a pdf file eg. form80.pdf.

- I attach the form80.pdf file in a reply to the adelaid team.

or I should send it (paper) as a mail to the adelaid office ?

oh... and do I need to attach a photo on the form ?

About PCC, could I scan it (if I understood it correctly, it should be color scan?) and send it as an attachment in a reply to the adelaid team ?

About Medical exams, I understood the hospital will send it online to the adelaid team directly, am I correct ?

Sorry for many questions above and I do Thank you so so much for any of your advices. :)

What I did for my submission following the instructions from CO in his email attachment:

For all documents, scan in colour as PDFs and send them as email attachments.

For emedicals, I PDF the emedical page as evidence that all the tests were completed.

FORM 80: Handwritten and scan in colour as PDF. Did not see anything in FORM 80 requiring photos.

Read the instructions carefully, I think they teach you the naming convention for attachments too.

What I did for my submission following the instructions from CO in his email attachment:

For all documents, scan in colour as PDFs and send them as email attachments.

For emedicals, I PDF the emedical page as evidence that all the tests were completed.

FORM 80: Handwritten and scan in colour as PDF. Did not see anything in FORM 80 requiring photos.

Read the instructions carefully, I think they teach you the naming convention for attachments too.

Hi hoggie, thank you so much for your reply... I will do so :D