Visa 175 - G5

parissa

Hi,parissa.

Thank you for replying.

From this month, DIAC increase visa application fee again even though they already increased it on last July.

I hope DIAC start to process 175 visa application again soon:wink:

hope so..... If you have lawyer ask him if not call diac..... Take action they might change their idea after reachinf to certain amount of application....

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved a similar email on August 31st 2013. However our circumstances have changed. Should we resubmit form 80 or just the change in circumstances.

Hi,inaamak.

When did you lodge your 175 application?

I lodged on Dec 2008.

I don't receive any e-mail from DIAC.

Thanks.

@RAcoon...it sounds like they are asking for more info from people from high risk countries. We lodged our 175 in Nov 2008, and we have not heard anything either. I know of people that lodged June 2008 and got their visa Jan this year, without having to submit any more documents. They were just asked for their medicals and police clearance

@RAcoon...it sounds like they are asking for more info from people from high risk countries. We lodged our 175 in Nov 2008, and we have not heard anything either. I know of people that lodged June 2008 and got their visa Jan this year, without having to submit any more documents. They were just asked for their medicals and police clearance

This could very well be the case. I am also from a low-risk country and I have not been contacted by DIAC yet. I am wondering if I should give them a nudge though. If yes, is this the address I should write to if I lodged an online application without using an agent?

Skilled.Migration@immi.gov.au

Thanks!

I do not have an email address for them. We really do everything according to the book as we don't want to annoy them and get pushed to the back of the line. If they say on the website that you should not enquire about when you application will be processes, then we don't do it. I have had a question regarding changes and filled the appropriate forms in and attached online. With previous changes that we uploaded, you can see that they received it and it says "processing further" with a new date. But with the last forms, nothing changed online. I was just afraid that they did not get our papers, so I tried to email them via the immi site. Only thing that happens is that a computer reads your email and identifies key words. According to the key words you will get a reply (very general) with links to the immi site where you can find the answers to your questions. So it does not seem that someone is actually reading these emails. They send it from a "no-reply" address....

They do make it clear on the site that category 5 people still have a significant long wait and should consider other options....so they do warm us that the wait is long (no surprises), but the fact that they updated the progress page every two weeks until July this year. It has only been updated once since the new financial year started....it is now stuck on "Last update 29 July" and for more than a month it has not been updated. Even if they did not process any applications it would be nice to see that they at least update the site and state that no progress was made. Then we will know whats going on

I do not have an email address for them. We really do everything according to the book as we don't want to annoy them and get pushed to the back of the line. If they say on the website that you should not enquire about when you application will be processes, then we don't do it. I have had a question regarding changes and filled the appropriate forms in and attached online. With previous changes that we uploaded, you can see that they received it and it says "processing further" with a new date. But with the last forms, nothing changed online. I was just afraid that they did not get our papers, so I tried to email them via the immi site. Only thing that happens is that a computer reads your email and identifies key words. According to the key words you will get a reply (very general) with links to the immi site where you can find the answers to your questions. So it does not seem that someone is actually reading these emails. They send it from a "no-reply" address....

They do make it clear on the site that category 5 people still have a significant long wait and should consider other options....so they do warm us that the wait is long (no surprises), but the fact that they updated the progress page every two weeks until July this year. It has only been updated once since the new financial year started....it is now stuck on "Last update 29 July" and for more than a month it has not been updated. Even if they did not process any applications it would be nice to see that they at least update the site and state that no progress was made. Then we will know whats going on

Thank you, I relate to what you are saying. I also thought that I might annoy them if I contacted them before they got in touch with me, however, after nearly five years of waiting I am beginning to wonder if not doing or saying anything is really the best strategy. I got in touch with them once a few years ago when my partner (secondary applicant) got his qualification in a profession that was highly sought after in Australia at the time (probably still is). They accessed our file then to take a brief look at it and the status changed to "processing further", like you say. My guess is that happens automatically when someone at DIAC opens one's file but it doesn't really mean anything.

Just did a quick check on my online application status. It seems the dates for medicals have been updated this month on 7 Sep 2013. What does it mean?

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 07/09/2013 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Further medicals required [/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[TD=width: 15%] Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] Further medicals required [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] HIV blood test required [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Organise your health examinations [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

we applied Nov 2008 for Visa 175 (Category 5). I know of a few people that applied just before us and got their visa beginning of this year, just before they stopped processing for the year. None of them were required to resubmit their documents.

@ Parissa....Hi guys... Many of my friends2008, 9 and 10 from other forum have been contacted by diac to update their cv, form 80 and within 28 days.... Any news from you guys?

Could you give detail about these people, perhaps from what country and the type of jobs they are applying for? Perhaps that is a reason for the letter? Would be good to know

Hi southafrican, added you in the 175 G5 Forumer list. do check the link in my signature. TQ

Hi,

its been a very long time since my last post on pomsinoz. I just wanted to share our excellent news and offer to help anyone in the situation we were in. We applied under visa subclass 175 (Computing professional NEC) in May 2009. We were waiting very patiently to have a case officer allocated but nothing at all was happening.

I then decided to call DIAC back in February this year and they advised me to do another skills assessment. I completed this under the Systems and networks engineer (or something like that).

Anyway, we've been granted our visa as of 21st August 2013 and are ecstatic. Its been such a long wait and to be honest, I sort of gave up on it all.

Now reality has struck and we have to decide when we're off. Its a very exciting but nerve wracking time.

Anyone need any help, please give me a shout as I understand how stressful the process can be.

Thanks,

Mehul

Hi,

its been a very long time since my last post on pomsinoz. I just wanted to share our excellent news and offer to help anyone in the situation we were in. We applied under visa subclass 175 (Computing professional NEC) in May 2009. We were waiting very patiently to have a case officer allocated but nothing at all was happening.

I then decided to call DIAC back in February this year and they advised me to do another skills assessment. I completed this under the Systems and networks engineer (or something like that).

Anyway, we've been granted our visa as of 21st August 2013 and are ecstatic. Its been such a long wait and to be honest, I sort of gave up on it all.

Now reality has struck and we have to decide when we're off. Its a very exciting but nerve wracking time.

Anyone need any help, please give me a shout as I understand how stressful the process can be.

Thanks,

Mehul

Hi, I'm also a computing prof NEC! I asked my agent if I can be re-assessed and then send the new details to the existing application and they said NO!

They said if you get re-assessed by the ACS you must re-apply with DIAC. So my question to you is how is this possible?

Hi' date=' I'm also a computing prof NEC! I asked my agent if I can be re-assessed and then send the new details to the existing application and they said NO!

They said if you get re-assessed by the ACS you must re-apply with DIAC. So my question to you is how is this possible?[/quote']

Hi Marconi,

I also approached a migration agent at gomatilda and was told the same. I took DIAC'S advice and tried the assessment anyway. I suggest you call DIAC on 0061 1300 364 613 and see what they say.

All the best.

Mehul