The "Reds" are coming to OZ.

Ned Kelly

They must be expecting a big crowd or they wouldn't schedule it at the MCG.

Melbourne only has one proper rectangular stadium used for Soccer and Rugby. AAMI Park which holds 30000.

The other option is Etihad Stadium which seats around 55000 (also an AFL stadium but Melbourne victory usually play there).

So they must be expecting a large crowd 60000 plus to schedule it at the MCG.

Time will tell. Melburnians love our sport so I expect there will be a big crowd.

MCG capacity is nearly 100,000 and is usually full for the AFL Grand Final.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've got a past though at least,for someone who once said "im only interested in spurs" you have a lot to say about my club(this is the 2nd time),come back when your name is carved on the European cup/CL 5 times eh mush

Pablo, do you think Rafa will get a good reception when he returns to Anfield on 21 April 2013 for Liverpool v Chelsea (I hope he does)?

If it was a weekend , prob could fill the hole , the victory members get first pick then open , there's a load inWA going , but Liverpool are going to Thailand first the main reeason they are coming down here to appease there sponsors

Pablo, do you think Rafa will get a good reception when he returns to Anfield on 21 April 2013 for Liverpool v Chelsea (I hope he does)?

He will yes,he would have done anyway,even more so now to wind the Chels up,theres no love lost between us

Liverpool Football club are coming to oz on the 24th July 2013 to play Melbourne victory at Melbourne cricket ground.

dont mind your lot coming but keep those blue nosed goons away , they almost as bad as the rags ...........

All tickets released today for the melbourne victory game sold out within hours.:biggrin:

Already?!

Actually,ive just read the MCG's FB page,said "calm your farm"(never heard that one lol),there will be more tickets made available soon,i was reading on the "wall"( is it?) tho that people were trying to sell tickets on Ebay for 6 times their value,does my ead in that!!!

Already?!

Actually,ive just read the MCG's FB page,said "calm your farm"(never heard that one lol),there will be more tickets made available soon,i was reading on the "wall"( is it?) tho that people were trying to sell tickets on Ebay for 6 times their value,does my ead in that!!!

Yes L.F.C will be releasing more tickets later on. My wifes buddy managed to get her tickets, shes buzzing being from Broadway and living in melbourne now. Some of the tickets have been on oz ebay for thousands ive heard:mad: fecking touts.

• 1 month later...
Surely they couldnt have sold out the mcg, it holds near on 100,000 people..

We have sold out yeah,80 thou tickets in a day i believe,33 thou in 33 minutes,$5 million for the MCG,the usual leeches have got them up on ebay for thousands tho,have had for weeks,cant stand touts!

Its not surprising its sold out tbh,were not what we were on the pitch,but the worldwide fan base is still massive,50 thou watching a training session when we were in Singapore for instance,the other 20 thou tickets for the game at the MCG go to their members,so whether they go,or sit at home and "waste" tickets i wouldnt know,but the ordinary allocation sold out pronto,would have liked to have been there tbh,ah well,mwa mwah mwahhhhhh

This was a training session in Malaysia,felt sorry for this kid(a bit:biggrin:),but what a halfwit!:twitcy:

[YOUTUBE]YS0FUwwtjrk[/YOUTUBE]

Its not surprising its sold out tbh,were not what we were on the pitch,but the worldwide fan base is still massive,50 thou watching a training session when we were in Singapore for instance,the other 20 thou tickets for the game at the MCG go to their members,so whether they go,or sit at home and "waste" tickets i wouldnt know,but the ordinary allocation sold out pronto,would have liked to have been there tbh,ah well,mwa mwah mwahhhhhh

MCG members dont get tickets, they just get first dibs on their own seats and then can decline.

They guy i spoke to wasn't bothered about Liverpool, but he mentioned it's the only sporting event that he doesn't get included free with his membership....every AFL and cricket match for $600 a season, including Grand Finals and the Ashes tests when it's on. Not a bad deal if you get past the 25yr waiting list.

MCG members dont get tickets, they just get first dibs on their own seats and then can decline.

They guy i spoke to wasn't bothered about Liverpool, but he mentioned it's the only sporting event that he doesn't get included free with his membership....every AFL and cricket match for $600 a season, including Grand Finals and the Ashes tests when it's on. Not a bad deal if you get past the 25yr waiting list.

I read this in the Australian newspaper,"the final attendance will depend on the take up of the 20 thou MCG members",so no,it doesnt mention tickets as such,but i'm sure people get the gist of it anyway

Yes it sounds cheap,if youre into AFL and Cricket that is,im not meself

• 2 months later...
They've arrived and what a welcome they were given.:notworthy:

Great reception in Aus for the Reds yeah,15 thou at an open training sesh today,wish i was going to this game tbh,wonder what the reception would be like if we were challenging for the prem every yr!

YNWA:notworthy:

[YOUTUBE]nDeTzI7q6Bg[/YOUTUBE]

Archived