Quantas or emirates..?

hubbert0403

Our daughter and her 5 year old son will be coming out to see us and wondering which company would be best.

they will be flying economy but my daughter has fibromyalgia and will be on her own with her son!

keen for advise on which airline would be best for her

We had a fantastic experience with Cathay Pacific on one visit to Australia when my husband had to use a CPAP machine on the plane for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Even though it is just an aid for sleepand he had no real physical disability they treated my husband like he needed special care and we were met off the plane and whisked through customs and onward baggage check in which was great as we had twin 2 year olds in tow. That was a few years ago but we were very impressed with the level of care provided. May be worth contacting the airlines direct (as we did) to see what they can do to help your daughter.

Qantas: but they will only have one Qantas flight a day from London-Sydney come the end of March. Otherwise she'll have to take her chances with Emirates.

Why 'take her chances'? Emirates consistently beat qantas in all the awards for long-haul travel. I fly both regularly and Emirates beats Qantas in every way possible i.e. food, baggage allowance, leg space, comfort, in flight entertainment. I'd be interested to know in what area you put qantas above Emirates.

NWM

Safety and pilot training.

Why 'take her chances'? Emirates consistently beat qantas in all the awards for long-haul travel. I fly both regularly and Emirates beats Qantas in every way possible i.e. food, baggage allowance, leg space, comfort, in flight entertainment. I'd be interested to know in what area you put qantas above Emirates.

NWM

I flew to OZ with Qantas, the first leg was great, on a 380 but the second leg was pants, however though the hospitality on the second leg was far better than the swanky new plane, the 380 was very comfy though. I would say Emirates only because I have never heard a bad word said about them ..... but Qantas were good.

we are flying o the US later in the year with Qantas on a jumbo jet, it hold be better than the VA flight last year which was really pants :cry:

SA and Emirates are far and away my favourite, preferred airlines.

Def agree about SA. I used them about 30% of the time going to work and back via Jo'burg. Much preferred Jo'burg airport as well. The only mark against it is the large number of checked baggage that gets broken into in Jo'burg. Not a fan though of Dubai airport at all. The only reason I didn't use SA all the time was the flight schedule. It meant overnighting in Entebbe, where the Emirates flight would leave Entebbe 3 hours after I arrived, on to Dubai and then under 2 hours wait to connect for Perth.

Guest Geordee

Definitely emirates, especially with children. We flew qantas a couple a couple of times and weren't impressed and since flying emirates we have not gone with anyone else. They are fantastic with children and would thoroughly recommend!

Archived