Quantas or emirates..?

hubbert0403

They code share now so check when booking what flight number is listed as you may book Emirates but be on a Qantas flight or vice versa.

Our daughter and her 5 year old son will be coming out to see us and wondering which company would be best.

they will be flying economy but my daughter has fibromyalgia and will be on her own with her son!

keen for advise on which airline would be best for her

Easy Emerates by far. Will no longer fly Qantas on international routes

Emirates are far better - you also get more luggage allowance - 30kg rather than 23kg. Emirates are fabulous with children - we travelled with a 3 year old and an 18 month old with them and they made the flight so easy it was great.

I recently flew Qantas after a bit of a break from trying them and was actually impressed. Sadly I have to disagree with most peoples sentiments re Emirates - I didn't like flying them at all (have flown them twice hoping that my 1st experience would be redeemed). To be honest, I think it is the really long leg that I dislike (going Aus - Dubai or Dubai - Aus). Flying through Singapore just seems so much better in terms of flight lengths!!

www.airlinequality.com

Have a look on here.

Qatar Airways is a cut above the competition. Etihad is also good. Malaysia and Cathay Pacific are also well thought of. Singapore Airlines are also very good.

I would avoid any European airline and Qantas if you want good service. Personally, I also don't like Emirates as I find the flight attendants to be not that attentive.

My parents have just arrived from London flying Emirates - their flight from London was late and missed the connection to Dubai (which actually left early anyway!) - so they were then re-routed via Melbourne - then their flight to Melbourne was also delayed and they missed their onward connection to Adelaide.... so in fact it took them something like three days to get here, and despite booking Emirates so they would fly straight into Adelaide, they still had to fly via Melbourne in the end. They had to walk miles around the various airports, and they are in their 80s. This is their 10th visit - and first time flying with Emirates - and they have never had such a bad trip before! I don't think Emirates are allowing enough connection times, personally!

I think their flight time advertised is deceptive though and obviously designed to draw people in, without a great hope of being achievable - the slightest delay in the first leg of your flight and your 23 hours (which is what they advertise London to Adelaide) turns into nearer to 40 hours! My parents are not the only ones I have heard of who have had this problem - luckily they were flying business class so could use the lounges (when they were eventually able to find them) but a friend who flew economy with them earlier in the year had exactly the same thing, and Dubai airport was absolutely packed with fed up people, nowhere to sit, having to wait for ages because their "quick" connection was overambitious. I will certainly think twice before booking with Emirates, and would only go with them over Singapore Airlines, or Malaysian, if they are incredibly cheap!

As I say, this is my parents' 10th visit and it is the longest it has ever taken them to get here - they were travelling from about 9 am in the UK on Monday morning, till midday on Wednesday here in Adelaide - they were supposed to have arrived on Tuesday evening, around 8pm - not Wednesday lunchtime!

Archived