Don't come without a job, Australia is not working!!!!!

Fryertuck

Guest chris955

I can't say I have noticed you being one of THOSE posters actually, not unless you have said there are more than enough jobs for everyone and everyone earns $70,000 ?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest76088

I'm not following your logic here. Someone is not good at their job because they have not found one in Australia - especially as you have and you're not a manager but because you are a 'grafter' (whatever that means)

Is someone a crap lover if they have no partner ? Am I a crap neurosurgeon looking for work because you are a toilet cleaner with a job?

BigD

​you can't be a very good project manager, if you can't find a job. I'm not a project manager just a good grafter and been offered sponsorship for job in Perth and for a multi national canadian company. Lol

​you can't be a very good project manager, if you can't find a job. I'm not a project manager just a good grafter and been offered sponsorship for job in Perth and for a multi national canadian company. Lol

That's very nice for you I'm sure, however not much help to the original poster who is on the East Coast not the West, two totally different places with different job markets.

You best post back on here when you're doing that job in Perth, your comments might be taken seriously then.

This is the kind of stupid, misguided and ignorant comment that winds me up! I know a lot of really great people who have moved to Melbourne from Brisbane to find Programme, Project, Change Manager roles because of the lack of opportunity and huge oversupply of local candidates.... I know great people who have lost their jobs in Campbell Newman's indiscrimate public sector slashing - It's hard to get a job as a nurse, teacher, manager etc - Is this because the candidates are all cr@p?

When people post on here that they are struggling to get work, then you get a host of comments (usually from UK based people) who like to believe the posters bad fortune is down to personal aptitude, inability to 'give it a fair go', lack of skills etc... And this is not only insulting to people without work but also gives false hope to the numerous people coming over here who believe themselves to be different 'a bit of a grafter' and 'they'll be allright' and come seriously unstuck when faced with the stark reality that there just aren't enough jobs right now and life for many in Australia is tough! They read posts on 'Seek' and say 'There are loads of jobs available', they misunderstand unemployment figures, they say things like 'you can always get a job in a shop in the interim' Not true in the UK, Not true in Australia.

Well after a 2 years we've been here 8 months applied for over 200 jobs, with covering letter and 3email returns telling me I don't have Queensland experience, so I can work on an Olympic program of works in London, senior project manager working on millions of pounds worth of projects yet I can't build a shed at the end of the garden in Australia.

i would say to anyone coming to Australia, delay it, don't come. Australia is not working at all. It looks after it's own 1st and there are lots of ozzies out of work they will come 1st, then the expats. ONLY COME IF YOU HAVE A JOB.

its not the dream anymore, it's not paradise anymore as it once was, there isn't any work, recruitment guys don't get back to you your totally in the dark, we've spent $35,000 dollars in 8 months, the wife is working otherwise we would be gone by now..

be warned don't come without a job, Australia is not working!,,,,,,,,

Just a note, my nextie's partner got work on the coal mines at age 63. Ok, she is cleaning units, but at $98 grand and 10 on, 4 off, who cares.

So, might I suggest that you lower your standards and you will reach a wider choice of jobs.

Even I, 6 years ago, was offered a job...Not bad seeing I was 66 at the time.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest74886
To anyone coming to Australia without a job, don't come delay your migration. Australia is not working every state is down, I've applied for over 200 jobs, you don't get a call, you don't get a email you get nothing it all goes straight in the bin.

we've been here 8 months, spent $35,000 dollars and running at a loss of $1500 a month.

i would advise anyone coming here without a job, DON'T, wait till the last minute before you activate your visa, there isn't any work here, were in Brisbane, government cuts cuts cuts and believe me, it's far far worse than anything in the UK.

im a senior project manager, worked on the Olympics can't get a thing, lucky the wife has a job otherwise we would gone back at Xmas.

believe me guys, stay where you are Austarlia is not working for thousands of expats, many going back.

Agree with lots of the comments on here, Brisbane and QLD in general is the ultimate mates state, if you don't know someone then your chances of getting a senior role in anything is a 5% chance, you may have got a junior role or general dogsbody job before 15000 state employees were made redundant but if you were senior elsewherelike in the UK then forget it here, especially since Cambell Newman has put loads of senior QLD people OUT OF WORK, we know a senior guy who was financial controller of a state hospital who is now out of work and applying for jobs in NSW.

Guest guest74886
Just a note, my nextie's partner got work on the coal mines at age 63. Ok, she is cleaning units, but at $98 grand and 10 on, 4 off, who cares.

So, might I suggest that you lower your standards and you will reach a wider choice of jobs.

ven I, 6 years ago, was offered a job...Not bad seeing I was 66 at the time.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Fine if you want to be a cleaner in 40C but if you have been a senior project manager it might not appeal and the thought of doing that to simply stay in OZ might not light your fire.

Fine if you want to be a cleaner in 40C but if you have been a senior project manager it might not appeal and the thought of doing that to simply stay in OZ might not light your fire.

A senior project manager would have seen the point of my post, so I'll point it out to you... A lady of refined years got work in the mines. Nothing to do with 40 deg temps as she was cleaning air conditioned units.

But then, I've seen the balls-ups of some "senior project managers":wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Yep we still seem to have a reasonable amount of jobs here in Victoria, but everyone seems drawn to Queensland and finding it much harder. Perhaps you could sell them the benefits of Peninsula beaches!

Yes , it baffles me why people want to flock to W.A and to Queensland when most of the jobs are in the South East of the country. I guess some are drawn by the promise of "the weather" forgetting for the moment that you're at work a lot of hours a day. #

i.e today it was a beautiful day , 30 degrees in Melbourne and sunny again as it's been for weeks now but i was stuck in my office from 8am to 745 this evening.

The weather meant nothing to me in my office but at least i had a job today. It's the most important thing you need here above all else.

Guest guest74886
A senior project manager would have seen the point of my post, so I'll point it out to you... A lady of refined years got work in the mines. Nothing to do with 40 deg temps as she was cleaning air conditioned units.

But then, I've seen the balls-ups of some "senior project managers":wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

I assume they were Australian!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I assume they were Australian!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You assume wrongly; one was a devout pom, sacked 2 hours after his blunder, (telling porkies to Bechtel, the co. managing the project). That was on the Mt. Tom Price, Paraburdoo Rail Project, two were kanucks on the same project for hiding crates of expensive tools and one was a yank on the Robe River Rail Rroject for trying to cheat workers. :yes:

There was another SPM on the North West Shelf Gas Project who argued with another SPM from the management Co. and pushed the management bloke off an aggregate stockpile, but dunno if he was Australian, or pom.

Musta bin a pom, An Australian would have smacked him in the mouth, helped pick him up and then shaken hands...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

To anyone coming to Australia without a job, don't come delay your migration. Australia is not working every state is down, I've applied for over 200 jobs, you don't get a call, you don't get a email you get nothing it all goes straight in the bin.

we've been here 8 months, spent $35,000 dollars and running at a loss of $1500 a month.

i would advise anyone coming here without a job, DON'T, wait till the last minute before you activate your visa, there isn't any work here, were in Brisbane, government cuts cuts cuts and believe me, it's far far worse than anything in the UK.

im a senior project manager, worked on the Olympics can't get a thing, lucky the wife has a job otherwise we would gone back at Xmas.

believe me guys, stay where you are Austarlia is not working for thousands of expats, many going back.

You MAY be right, but it is only your opinion. Where is your proof that 'Austarlia (sic) (I hope you spellcheck your job applications better than your post) is not working for thousands of expats, many going back?'

Would you like me to give you some names of expats who are NOT going back? Let's see - 'Seamus & Darren from the Trinity, Tom from the Strawberry Hills, Steve, Mark, Nathan's wife Sara (Nathan is an Aussie) from the Triple Ace - all Spurs fans, in fact, just about EVERY Pommie I know has no intention of going back. I met a couple last night in the Strawberry - both 'Bobbies' both love it here.

So what if you have applied for over 200 jobs? Join the club, and there are plenty of Aussies who are already members, myself included, if you think that possessing an Aussie passport is carte blanche to getting an Aussie job you are deluded. In my case, my record for the number of applications I have made before getting a job is 137. I assume my age (58) is working against me. I have no intention of going back to the UK either.

Guest guest74886
.two were kanucks

.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Excuse me?

So quintessentially Australian

We are always looking Bob. $54k a year working two weeks on one off, 12 hours a day split shifts.

Thought Telfer might have been $98k type work...

By the bye...I heard (1970s) that the original surface assays at that place went 2-3 oz/tonne. Is that so?

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived