How old is everyone?

McFisher

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30085

Hi there

No it's not too old :)

I gave myself a similar time frame in my early 30s and Im coming to the end of 4 years of study. It's been a long road but hopefully I'm nearly there now.

Is one of you thinking of re-training? Or are you just trying to get more work experience?

Either way, good luck with the process x

Guest The Pom Queen
Too old :wink: Let's just say i am 21 plus a few then add a few more

Oops I meant I was too old, I didn't read your post. As long as you can get the points etc then 38 is fine.

Thanks everyone.

My husband is getting more experience in his job (he has retrained as an appliance engineer), and hopefully get some qualifications under his belt in the meantime.

Unfortunately i am just an adminstrator, could kick myself now for not trying harder at school and getting a 'proper' job so that i am 'wanted' down under...I would love to retrain but didnt gain enough gcse's at school, didnt do much further education (some but nothing worth noting), plus i need to keep my full time job (which is good pay for what i do) to pay off the debt and get some savings.

Bit of a catch 22 situation really...could really slap myself now. But at least we are looking ahead to the future and preparing ourselves now to give us a fighting chance.

x

Thanks everyone.

My husband is getting more experience in his job (he has retrained as an appliance engineer), and hopefully get some qualifications under his belt in the meantime.

Unfortunately i am just an adminstrator, could kick myself now for not trying harder at school and getting a 'proper' job so that i am 'wanted' down under...I would love to retrain but didnt gain enough gcse's at school, didnt do much further education (some but nothing worth noting), plus i need to keep my full time job (which is good pay for what i do) to pay off the debt and get some savings.

Bit of a catch 22 situation really...could really slap myself now. But at least we are looking ahead to the future and preparing ourselves now to give us a fighting chance.

x

what about a open uni course while your working? at least your oh has retrained.. that's great. it can be really hard to do it while your working as well.

have a look at distance courses just incase any suit x

Im 35 and my hubby is 39 we are ready to go, just waiting on our house to sell.

So frustrating when the thing stopping you is out of your control :(

It really is frustrating - i could slap myself silly right now, with the debt and my lazy arsed attitude to education...But no point thinking shoulda woulda coulda...main thing is that we are sorting it out now for ourselves...

I work for financial advisers & i could do some (paid for) exams to get me qualified as a financial adviser, but it doesnt interest me, i dont fancy being a 'sales' person, and im not sure that i could get into to Australia if i had these qualifications anyway. x

Tony (41), Sandra (43), Luke (14) and Budweiser (8, the dog)

Planning to move to Perth in Mid-October :-)

Good luck all !!

IELTS 27/4/12 R9L9S9W8

EA CDR Submitted 27/7/12 - Positive 19/12/12 (Engineering Technologist)

EOI 27/11/12 - Invite 03/12/12 (65 Points)

189 Visa Paperwork to MARA Agent 10/12/12

189 Visa Submitted - Shortly

CO -??

Archived