my reciept from my main weekly shop in oz family of 4

Guest paulwbafc

well I went and did a list last night and worked out everything and I still came in at about $250 a week, also we do not have Aldi in Wa, I use Coles,Woolworths and IGA all very close to were I live, I get my ham,potatoes and some fruit and veg from IGA.I do have a chest freezer and I like to get stuff in bulk when it is on special, also in my shopping costs I have included all toiletries down to shaving cream,razors and personal stuff. I admit I only use certain toilet paper and washing powder, but I really thought someone else would have said they spend around the same, but I suppose I am in Perth and we don't get bargains as good as you do in Brisbane by the sounds of it.

Laney get to the spudshed at jandakot , it's open 24/7 as well lol

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We ended up with an iRobot Roomba 530. It works really well--but our house is perfect for a robot since there are no steps anywhere.

A single charge can do all the main living area plus the corridor that goes past the bedrooms--and it's picked up dog hair from our area rugs that our "big" vacuum couldn't deal with. It's movements appear random but it seems to get everywhere except for a couple of corners just too small for it to get into. Oh, and if left solo it can get stuck under out TV stand (but nothing a brick in the right place can't fix).

HTF can you have one of those with a dog , it would be another enemy to the pig(dog) , shed love it lol

Guest Guest26012
I'm sure I'm bump into Jamie or Heston in lidi..!

And why would you want to? Not in their class lol! So to speak! I'd rather shop with the commoners!

And why would you want to? Not in their class lol! So to speak! I'd rather shop with the commoners!

Because their food taste like rubber, typical northerner, bringing class into it when most at talking about quality , there is a difference . Oh by the way you still really happy in Australia....? You seem to spend lots of time on an expat forum ..

Guest The Pom Queen
Because their food taste like rubber ..

Hey watch it there are a lot of Northeners on here. How would you know their food tastes like rubber if you don't shop there?

Guest Guest26012
Because their food taste like rubber, typical northerner, bringing class into it when most at talking about quality , there is a difference . Oh by the way you still really happy in Australia....? You seem to spend lots of time on an expat forum ..

It was a tongue in cheek comment lmao! What you goin on about you dipstick!

So is that why its so grumpy on here these days. Only unhappy expats are on here. Hmmmmm

Guest Guest26012

Ok now the sensible answer! In your opinion their food tastes like rubber, that's fine! Typical northerner, what's a typical northerner? Class, never entered my head. Yes I'm happy in oz! And I spend time on PIO because I love it, in between my wonderful life in oz, of course! And by the way, you are still a dipstick!

HTF can you have one of those with a dog , it would be another enemy to the pig(dog) , shed love it lol

I was amazed how quickly she got used to it--started off alternately barking at it then running away if a random direction change sent the vacuum towards her. Now she just finds a place to pretend to be asleep while watching it with one eye.

well I went and did a list last night and worked out everything and I still came in at about $250 a week, also we do not have Aldi in Wa, I use Coles,Woolworths and IGA all very close to were I live, I get my ham,potatoes and some fruit and veg from IGA.I do have a chest freezer and I like to get stuff in bulk when it is on special, also in my shopping costs I have included all toiletries down to shaving cream,razors and personal stuff. I admit I only use certain toilet paper and washing powder, but I really thought someone else would have said they spend around the same, but I suppose I am in Perth and we don't get bargains as good as you do in Brisbane by the sounds of it.

We are in WA. I too spend at least $250-$300 pw on 2 adults & 2 children. You are not alone.

Liz x

Yikes! That's 3 or 4 times as much as we spend on 2 adults and 1 child (but, in the past we've had more children, extra adults, etc. etc. so we're used to bigger families).

I have to guess that's more to do with different diets and different life styles than with the lack of bargains. Both my wife and I love cooking (and most of that cooking is starting from scratch) so very few processed foods or ready meals find their way through our doors.

For 2 adults and 1 child we estimated a few weeks back that all in for the shopping we must spend about $200 a week. This is possibly the high end of estimate, but it includes everything you might expect. This is shopping at butchers, fish monger, bakery, fruit shop and then Coles (bop boh!). Think I'll give Aldi a whirl instead of Coles for the dozen of so items I get from there to compare savings. I do save on fuel by shopping at Coles. With 8c off a litre I save a couple of dollars. Also my EFTPOS card gives me 5% off with transactions under $100 if I can scan it, as opposed to chip and pin. So if these latter 2 options are not available at Aldi, then the $5 or so I save at Coles with these could compromise the saving in products at Aldi.

I'll report back as always!

Yeah it's ok if you like Aldi , I found after trying it in the UK it's cheap for a reason !

There are local markets you can buy your fruit and veg from but you have to be careful as proved yesterday when peeling the sweet potatoes we bought .( full of maggots )

We are a family of four ( 2 girls under 5 ) so factoring in nappies etc ... and we are around $240 a week and that's us watching what we are buying . We are in Perth , only me working on $35 an hour and we are skint here .

Been waiting 10 weeks now to see whether we will get family support .

Make sure before coming you have lots of savings and hope you are lucky enough to get a job straight away after arriving !

Good luck

For 2 adults and 1 child we estimated a few weeks back that all in for the shopping we must spend about $200 a week. This is possibly the high end of estimate, but it includes everything you might expect. This is shopping at butchers, fish monger, bakery, fruit shop and then Coles (bop boh!). Think I'll give Aldi a whirl instead of Coles for the dozen of so items I get from there to compare savings. I do save on fuel by shopping at Coles. With 8c off a litre I save a couple of dollars. Also my EFTPOS card gives me 5% off with transactions under $100 if I can scan it, as opposed to chip and pin. So if these latter 2 options are not available at Aldi, then the $5 or so I save at Coles with these could compromise the saving in products at Aldi.

I'll report back as always!

Ooohhhh, what is the eftpos card thing?

I would say that we spend on average $250 per week for two adults and two children. We eat a 'primal' style diet, so that includes lots of very good meat, eggs, butter, milk, I make my own yoghurt, cheese, lots of veggies and in particular salad stuff which can be expensive, some fruit, olive/avocado oil and spices and so on, and things like rice, pasta and pitta bread for the girls (hubby and I don't eat wheat or rice). It also includes cleaning products, toiletries, vitamins and other health stuff like tea-tree oil and so on, sunscreen if we need it, loo roll, washing powder and some fresh cat meat.

I don't like the ALDI here, I have been in a few times but have always been disappointed with what I have bought. I use Woolies because the Coles here isn't too good, the greengrocer and the butcher. I am thinking of trying these delivered fruit and veg boxes and also considering purchasing a whole lamb and half cow to go in the freezer (butchered obviously).

We don't eat ready meal type things usually, but the children do have things like those Sakata biscuits for recess at school sometimes, or Tiny Teddy biscuits. I also buy crumbed prawn cutlets for the girls because I haven't been able to make those successfully and it is one thing that they both enjoy. Very occasionally if I have been manically busy I get a ready made pasta sauce for them if I haven't any in the freezer and don't have time to cook.

Ooohhhh, what is the eftpos card thing?

I've started a new thread about my debit card as I rate it highly, especially with the money you can 'save' with it. It's called 'Debit Card Recommendation'. Not sure if the link will work by here it is...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/169306-debit-card-recommendation-ing-direct.html#post1936032814