my reciept from my main weekly shop in oz family of 4

Guest paulwbafc

The veg can let them down from time to time. But they do keep many things (ie grapes strawberries) in the fridge which makes sense. Their cheeses and cold meats and fish are fantastic - as you would expect. I love Lidl's muesli. It is not cheap at £1.60, but I tend to add it to other cererals as a topping. The meat is okay - and compares with asda tesco, but is not as good as sainsburys. The rest is as good as if not better. I would say the price outways any loss in quality, as the quality is often better. To run it down as some people have done is just silly. At least you tried it. I often see people who are obviously first timers, and people who I know are quite wealthy who I wouldn't expect to see in Lidl/Aldi. The bags always gets them. This is obviously to save money - not just for the environment. And the no credit cards rule also catches some people out.

Forgot to say, I did used to use aldi in the uk occassionally just when they had loss leaders which were good. Their baked beans were good too. The veg were terrible.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images