Home at last!

Splash77

Just cast my mod eye back over the last couple of pages of this thread :mask:

Let's keep the personal comments off this forum please and try not to revert to name calling. People keep on posting to fuel an argument when the actual OP was about larrson being back home in the UK and very happy about the fact. Let's try to get back to that please :)

Thanks in advance

snifter

Guest The Pom Queen

A word of warning!! The last thread where someone was happy to be back in the UK got derailed, this one will NOT. Over 20 posts have already been deleted, next time I will be issuing infractions. If you can't be happy for the OP keep off this thread, simple.

It's a shame that larrsons post had to go offrail in the first place. Nothing wrong with enjoying first weeks shopping, must be great having all that choice when your not used to it. I've noticed prices are increasing but obviously it'll seem super cheap compared to oz probably.

Hope the excitement lasts for a long time! I've saw your other posts and know how long you've waited to get home.

Btw I think we should start a "I love asda" thread lol

Guest chris955

Sorry, imwas being facetious, I keep reading what the average person earns and as it seems to up every week I ssumed by now it would be 150k ;)

Is that really the average wage per person? Or per family? I thought I was doing well in Oz:frown:

Oh and nice to hear another positive homecoming experience. My Mr cannot cope with the variety at supermarkets so he doesn't/ cannot go :skeptical: (he is from NZ)

Welcome home! Good luck with the next step in your life's big adventure!

Edited to say, I am most impressed by the clothing in Asda! I've got some very nice things there and at only a fraction of what I habitually spent at TS14!!!

Guest chris955
Welcome home! Good luck with the next step in your life's big adventure!

Edited to say, I am most impressed by the clothing in Asda! I've got some very nice things there and at only a fraction of what I habitually spent at TS14!!!

We have been incredibly impressed by Asda especially the school clothes.

Can i ask if u were scared to move back to the uk (lack of jobs, terrible weather (lol)? and also, at what point did you decided enough was enough and book the flight home?

My husband and i have been in OZ (syd) for 6.5 years and we have a 2 year old. we have been thinking of moving home for 18 months but not sure when to do it and if we would be making a big mistake as we are both employed here in good jobs, good pay, have lovely friends however no family and have felt SO unsettled for a long time. we want to come back but scared to do so :(

any advice?

If you have good jobs in Australia and good friends there seems no hurry to return. Why not, as much as you can, research the job opportunities in the UK and if you can through the grapevine line up a job before you return so much the better. It is difficult with a young child to consider chucking away a guaranteed income but if you are genuinely not settled maybe your medium term plan, with good planning, should be to go home before your child enters the education system.

Guest chris955
Can i ask if u were scared to move back to the uk (lack of jobs, terrible weather (lol)? and also, at what point did you decided enough was enough and book the flight home?

My husband and i have been in OZ (syd) for 6.5 years and we have a 2 year old. we have been thinking of moving home for 18 months but not sure when to do it and if we would be making a big mistake as we are both employed here in good jobs, good pay, have lovely friends however no family and have felt SO unsettled for a long time. we want to come back but scared to do so :(

any advice?

I keep hearing about this lack of jobs but the reality is out of 100 people there are 2 more unemployed in the UK than Australia and of course that number is getting smaller, not long ago it 4. We made the decision as a family, kids loved the idea, wife has never wanted to live in Australia so it was quite easy. No fear for us, seemed like a good idea and it has proven to be right.

We have been incredibly impressed by Asda especially the school clothes.

The clothes are such good value,as are Asda Homewares

I still have clothes here that I bought in Asda uk,6 years ago, and its all still in great condition

Cant wait to shop there again:biggrin:

Hi, yes we have thought about that - why give up a perfectly decent lift here. when i say decent, as i mentioned before we have jobs and a secure income but in regards to friends, that was slightly exagerated, more like aquaintencses and also, with the prices of homes in decent areas, it will prob take us year to be able to save up for the deposit! we are considering going home to the UK when my daughter will be 3 so that gives us a bit of time to see if the UK works out but if not, come back to Aus and my daughter would be young enough not to be too affected by the move. decisions decision! help :( !!!

If you have good jobs in Australia and good friends there seems no hurry to return. Why not, as much as you can, research the job opportunities in the UK and if you can through the grapevine line up a job before you return so much the better. It is difficult with a young child to consider chucking away a guaranteed income but if you are genuinely not settled maybe your medium term plan, with good planning, should be to go home before your child enters the education system.

I think I'll get all overcome and burst into tears when I finally get to step into a UK supermarket again:biggrin:

We are going to look very strange ,arent we :biggrin:

bursting into tears,everywhere we go, because we are so happy to be there

I "well up" at the thought.

My friends were on skype last night showing us all the things they had been buying from Asda for christmas, I was so jealous

They were reeling off the prices,3 pounds for the cutest little blue ugg boots for their baby, and some of the most amazing baby outfits,and they were just such good value.They had peppa pig snow boots, as well,which were lovely, 12 pounds !!!!!!

I think I will be throwing out all my tatty old clothes this end, and doing an awful lot of shopping, when I get home.

Archived