Olympics - closing ceremony

bunbury61

Could well be worth watching ......the usual crap has been cut to a minimum .........mostly music , and a bit of a party ....if its half as good as the opening ceremony , that will do ......looking forward to ray davies doing waterloo sunset .....a british classic

Really enjoyed the show in fact.... we were suprised but the whole thing from start to finish was very good and how proud we are of all the athletes....Really sad to hear about Gary Barlows daughter, so sad.... Then we heard about the clown who has been tweeting/trolling about his daughter just to get his name famouse.... how sick....

i was watched the ending and have to say i enjoyed and made me really proud to be British as it was great and with everything that happened from winning the bid and the actual games it was an event that will be remembered for a long time by brits. Only regret I wasnt there missed home a lot today and even shed a tear first time in 10 months for home (not a family member involved). Gary Barlow what can I say my heart went to him and everyone would have understood if he didnt front up.

I really wanted to like it but.....Shame a number of groups wouldn't appear. It didn't really represent the Best of British in my view. Shame David Bowie turned down an invitation. Although since his heart attack some years back he has kept a low profile. Surely The Sex Pistols could have regrouped for the occasion..being at the cutting edge of punk? No Stones. Even The Who almost didn't attend. Not sure why they didn't perform Pinball Wizard, but it was good there was recognition of the Mod influence.

Could have done without Michael George promoting his new single..not a good sound. Still I'd give it a 7 but far preferred the opening. But a great thing for London which showed itself off well and certainly would have liked to have sampled the atmosphere at the time.

I really wanted to like it but.....Shame a number of groups wouldn't appear. It didn't really represent the Best of British in my view. Shame David Bowie turned down an invitation. Although since his heart attack some years back he has kept a low profile. Surely The Sex Pistols could have regrouped for the occasion..being at the cutting edge of punk? No Stones. Even The Who almost didn't attend. Not sure why they didn't perform Pinball Wizard, but it was good there was recognition of the Mod influence.

Could have done without Michael George promoting his new single..not a good sound. Still I'd give it a 7 but far preferred the opening. But a great thing for London which showed itself off well and certainly would have liked to have sampled the atmosphere at the time.

As I said yesterday, I thought parts of the closing ceremony were a bit chavvy/ITV. Def could've done without George Michael and Annie Lennox IMO. Still looked fun though, and The Spice Girls were good sports to regroup, that was kind of surreal.

Agree the Opening Ceremony looked much more interesting and wacky

I've watched about 2/3rds of it so far (recorded)

Some really clever staging but I'm not that keen on the bands/artists they chose - not nearly contemporary enough IMO. Totally buy into the whole concept of UK being a hub of pop culture, in music, fashion, street theatre, etc etc - something in which Britain leads the world, still. Just not convinced they selected the right people to show that off, too many acts from the 80s/90s. Jessie J/Taio Cruze/Tinie Tempah have been the best thing on so far (only up to the Eric Idle bit) by miles. And that's not really my kind of music, honest.

I felt similarly for the opening ceremony although that was more of a visual show. Arctic Monkeys and Dizzie Rascal were the best thing on that, hit everything with a ton of energy. Celebrating Britain's contribution to pop music over the years - great. Living in the past - not.

I am looking forward to The Who, though

:-)

Guest Alice2

Thinking about it.... Where was Adele?

I really liked the closing ceremony and still amazed at how they manage to choreograph that many people, both for the opening and closing ceremonies.

But, what I really really want to know is how long did it take for them to get security clearance for all of them??? :)

Guest Ptp113
Think to be honest is the best opening and closing I have ever seen...even the americans are saying so.

I've read the opposite. Sydney was better but London was a good second.

Archived