176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY MAY GANG! Sheps OH here, thank you for all the amazing info you have given us so far. just a little advise required re medicals please: we have applied for our visa and have uploaded all docs( have frontloaded police checks) except medicals as we are yet to have these done. what is the feeling on going for a medical before being allocated a case officer and before being requested to go for one? its just that we both work full time and will have to travel to manchester to have our medicals(live in Hull)so it will be tricky(ish!) . i was thinking of booking medical for next week as i know we will def need medicals so i was thinking we may as well get on with it, plus i am concerned about the 28 days cut off for uploading docs. any advise much appreciated.:wubclub:

HEY MAY GANG! Sheps OH here, thank you for all the amazing info you have given us so far. just a little advise required re medicals please: we have applied for our visa and have uploaded all docs( have frontloaded police checks) except medicals as we are yet to have these done. what is the feeling on going for a medical before being allocated a case officer and before being requested to go for one? its just that we both work full time and will have to travel to manchester to have our medicals(live in Hull)so it will be tricky(ish!) . i was thinking of booking medical for next week as i know we will def need medicals so i was thinking we may as well get on with it, plus i am concerned about the 28 days cut off for uploading docs. any advise much appreciated.:wubclub:

Hey there, Shep's OH :cute:

There is a bit of divide in opinion on this but I think most people just get on and do it - it will help to speed things up too. our agent told me over and over (as I was bugging him more and more!) not to book it until CO said so. So we waited (through clenched teeth)... but I think the majority of people just get on and book it.

Let us know how you get on and what you decided

Hey there

I am not from the May gang but like other gangs before they very kindly adopted me as a visa orphan from December and have helped me out a lot - thanks guys. :wubclub:

I would recommend you go ahead and get them done if your application is all straightforward. My case was very complex in many ways and I am glad that I waited. I knew beforehand there would be delays on my application.

At the moment many of the appointments are filling up fast because of the huge volume of May and June apps because of the July changes.

Hope this helps

Millie x

I assume you are not worried about your validation period as you have already done your police checks so I would say get your medicals booked as long as you are confident in your application. Not sure how busy Manchester is but Edinburgh are currently booking 3 weeks ahead with little selection on times. It is really tricky, I assumed you would get appointments on a Saturday but alas Mon-Fri only, for us in Scotland anyway. Good Luck.

Hi we had medical done to day in Manchester, only booked it on Wednesday, there is no waiting list, but I posted before on here to say about the price, the medmigration was £90 dearer than the Spire manchester, we choose Spire obviously and they were lovely all done and dusted in 1hr 15. (Myself and daughter). Shelly

Hi, we had our medicals last Thursday, we do not yet have a CO either. We are going away next week until the end of July so took the decision to get everything done before we go. We have received our police checks today and all ok :)

Hey,

All ok thanks. Didn't appear to be any issues - fingers crossed. Now it's just a case of waiting. Any news on your PCCs yet?

That's good. Glad it went well. No, it will be another week or so before we hear anything from PCC.

Shelly, glad things went ok for you too today - one step closer!

Hi we had medical done to day in Manchester, only booked it on Wednesday, there is no waiting list, but I posted before on here to say about the price, the medmigration was £90 dearer than the Spire manchester, we choose Spire obviously and they were lovely all done and dusted in 1hr 15. (Myself and daughter). Shelly
Hi there and thanks for the info. But i rang them both and i thought that it was the other way round and that Medmigration was cheaper or have i wrote it down wrong... Medmigration was going to be £330 for my partner (Nurse) And they said that mine was going to be £260... How much did you pay at Spire if you dont mind me asking...

Hi there and thanks for the info. But i rang them both and i thought that it was the other way round and that Medmigration was cheaper or have i wrote it down wrong... Medmigration was going to be £330 for my partner (Nurse) And they said that mine was going to be £260... How much did you pay at Spire if you dont mind me asking...

Hi no problem, Paid £240 for mine, also a nurse, huge difference, especially as only really round the corner from each other. Shelly:biggrin:

Hi no problem, Paid £240 for mine, also a nurse, huge difference, especially as only really round the corner from each other. Shelly:biggrin:

WoW That is cheaper, I thought that they said £340 each... Thanks for the reply, Will be going there then...

Yeah Im team 4 in Adelaide. They have came back to me now saying they will make a decision on the 22 nd of June as to whether we need the Spanish police penal certificate!

Hope not , as it means more money flying to Madrid to go to the police station.

:em4600:

Hi May Gang, I am new here but I have been following this page from the start. I have lodged my 176 application 24th May 2012 and waiting for CO. Glad to be member of this group.

Welcome to this thread! Hope everything goes out smooth for you....best of luck!!!

Hello, Sheps OH here, thank you for taking the time to reply. we have decided to get our medicals done regardless of having no CO. we are confidant in our application and we see no point in waiting(other that the fact that the application says to wait for medicals to be requested, hehe!!). no point in delaying the process! thank you again for advise.

Hi May Gang, I am new here but I have been following this page from the start. I have lodged my 176 application 24th May 2012 and waiting for CO. Glad to be member of this group.

Hey lapie

Good to hear from you and welcome to the May gang. Keep us up to date with your progress. Where are you from and where are you heading to? (sounds like a Cilla blind date question lol lol)

"Health Requirements have been finalised - application being processed further." what does it mean? In my application page i see this message after Med. Can anybody help me regarding this? Hoping a quick response.

"Health Requirements have been finalised - application being processed further." what does it mean? In my application page i see this message after Med. Can anybody help me regarding this? Hoping a quick response.

Hi,

Health Requirements have been finalised - application being processed further is a good news.

application being processed further -> you have been allocated a Case Officer

Health Requirements have been finalised -> it will change to met or not met upon CO decision.

Hey lapie

Good to hear from you and welcome to the May gang. Keep us up to date with your progress. Where are you from and where are you heading to? (sounds like a Cilla blind date question lol lol)

Actually my hubby is a Primary applicant. Let my share our time line here

EA(Electronics Engineer) applied 1st March 2012

EA assessment sucessfull 9th May 2012

WA SS applied 11th May 2012

WA SS Approved on the same day

176 online visa lodged 24th May 2012

Archived