176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to panic anyone but:

I kind of got the impression from my pdf request for meds and PCC that if for some reason there is a delay at either end making it roll over the 30th June date, then that would be that which is a little worrying. Below is an extract from it. did anyone else get the same? It seems all the panel doctors are booked to the hilt with a massive back log of visa medicals

Millie x

DIAC affords 28 days in order for you to provide requested documentation, but we request that

you provide the documentation as soon as possible within that timeframe, and ideally within 7

days and certainly well before the end of June 2012 to avoid lengthy processing delays.

Your General Skilled Migration application is subject a number of factors: the priority processing

arrangements set by the Minister (Direction 50), and the planning levels set by Government for

specific visa categories each Migration Program year. These arrangements and the availability

of visa places, has allowed processing to take place on your application to date, but these factors

may change after 30 June 2012. Also, if all visa places are filled (granted) before 30 June 2012,

no further visas can be granted, and applicants will need to wait until the new Migration Program

year before your visa can be considered for finalisation. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee

that the department will be able to continue to assess and finalise your application without delay

if requested documentation is not received in a timely fashion.

Therefore, in order to facilitate the smoothest processing of your visa application............blah blah

I am sometimes a bit slow, can someone tell me what this means? does this effect me? I thought i have 28 days from when the co requests meds and pcc's, or could that all change now? if so do you think i should book my medicals now!!.

Visa granted this Morning Whooooooo:jiggy::notworthy::cool:

:ssign19:Definately have case officer. Team 2, just meds and pcc requested. Nearly time to open the champers.

Congrats to everyone who got there visas today, and good luck to those still waiting.:biggrin: Shelly

heard from our agent tonight (she's been on holiday since Thursday!) - we definitely have a case officer (not sure what team) and they haven't asked for anything else yet.

PCCs were uploaded tonight and apparently the CO told her they want to finalize our application by the end of June!

EEk!!!!

Congratulations on the visa grant and to those who now have a CO - brilliant news :biggrin:

I am sometimes a bit slow, can someone tell me what this means? does this effect me? I thought i have 28 days from when the co requests meds and pcc's, or could that all change now? if so do you think i should book my medicals now!!.

I don't know. I am kind of hoping they are just covering themselves in case they are overwhelmed with deadline apps but hoping they still intend to process what they have on their plate first.

Millie x

I don't want to panic anyone but:

I kind of got the impression from my pdf request for meds and PCC that if for some reason there is a delay at either end making it roll over the 30th June date, then that would be that which is a little worrying. Below is an extract from it. did anyone else get the same? It seems all the panel doctors are booked to the hilt with a massive back log of visa medicals

Millie x

DIAC affords 28 days in order for you to provide requested documentation, but we request that

you provide the documentation as soon as possible within that timeframe, and ideally within 7

days and certainly well before the end of June 2012 to avoid lengthy processing delays.

Your General Skilled Migration application is subject a number of factors: the priority processing

arrangements set by the Minister (Direction 50), and the planning levels set by Government for

specific visa categories each Migration Program year. These arrangements and the availability

of visa places, has allowed processing to take place on your application to date, but these factors

may change after 30 June 2012. Also, if all visa places are filled (granted) before 30 June 2012,

no further visas can be granted, and applicants will need to wait until the new Migration Program

year before your visa can be considered for finalisation. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee

that the department will be able to continue to assess and finalise your application without delay

if requested documentation is not received in a timely fashion.

Therefore, in order to facilitate the smoothest processing of your visa application............blah blah

This would be bit unfair to the existing applicants to be considered under new system. I am really not sure if that's why they have been holding up my application just in case all the accountant places have already been filled. But then grants are being given to applicants who applied much later than me.

This would be the last thing to imagine-application being rolled over :(

What visa are you intending to apply for helen2012? when applying for the 176 i needed to have my skills assessment and state sponsorship and ielts reference numbers as there were questions asking for the numbers- i dont think you can apply without the skills assessment first and then it depends if you are claiming extra points for the other areas.Give ANMAC a ring and email them to ask if they can give you an idea of how much longer it will be.

Thank you very much waitingawhile. I planned to apply 176. Since I emailed to Vic state and submitted documents to ANMAC for skill assessment, I have the reference number for both. Just wondering if I could lodge the 176 application before the assessment result is out.

Emm, I might need to trouble ANMAC by sending an enquiry email.

Thank you again.

Helen

I've been an idiot! I actually forgot I gained a step brother and sister as my mum remarried in February, I have no relationship with either and even my new step dad hasn't talked to his daughter in 12 years so I completely forgot. I didn't feel I could leave them off as the step brother is in Adelaide, I submitted a 1023 as well as including them on my form 80 - any ideas if this will cause issues?

Police checks not back yet either - assuming its due to the jubbely Jubilee...

I don't know. I am kind of hoping they are just covering themselves in case they are overwhelmed with deadline apps but hoping they still intend to process what they have on their plate first.

Millie x

I think it's precautionary rather than anything else. They are actually moving Cat 5 applications which indicates that they anticipate under fill for this program year but that could change with a surge of last minute apps ...

This would be bit unfair to the existing applicants to be considered under new system. I am really not sure if that's why they have been holding up my application just in case all the accountant places have already been filled. But then grants are being given to applicants who applied much later than me.

This would be the last thing to imagine-application being rolled over :(

Hi Nishi,

The app will be processed in the new program year but not under the new system. If they run out of places for this program year they'll have to dip into next years quota, which only opens up on 1st of July. The rules are frozen at the time of your app. For example, Cat 5 applications from 2008 are processed with rules of that time. Cheers.

Just checked wa's site and it says they will suspend from 8th of june issuing the regional sponsored certs due to high demand and new changes and current sponsorship only lasts til june 30th! other state sponsorships are now taking 6 days! it may be the visa class that is affected!

Just checked wa's site and it says they have suspended issuing the regional sponsored certs due to high demand! other state sponsorships are now taking 6 days! it may be the visa class that is affected!

Shucks, that's all I would need after everything :frown:

Millie

Shucks, that's all I would need after everything :frown:

Millie

Dont panic Milliemolly you are nearly there easy to say I know- I cant do my meds till next week for lots of reasons and am now kicking myself for sending off for my pccs on standard not speedy process but if not this month the new year commences in July and they have already started processing it so it just depends what skills they have on the new list so fingers crossed if it comes to it!

Meds booked for 22nd June.....earliest date available !! Best get the pcc's in the post today !

Nice one. Just got the nicest lady on the phone at the clinic to whom I explained my plight and she has squeezed us in on 12th. :wubclub:

Nice one. Just got the nicest lady on the phone at the clinic to whom I explained my plight and she has squeezed us in on 12th. :wubclub:

If you have your appt on the 12th, all being well, the clinic should have uploaded everything by the 19th. The clinic I am using upload the blood results and Xray results exactly 1 week after the medical. I assume they are all pretty much the same?

So you should be fine......... x

So, we still have a few people who applied in weeks 1 and 2 of May who are still waiting to be allocated COs. Dumbo, Lara24, and Vasandanivikram - any updates? We heard from Jain and Dean74 today who are still waiting (although it looks like Jain is about to hear from her CO in the morning!). Do let us know how you are getting on, guys!

Hi Jars,

First of all great work putting together all our info - thanks!! Afraid I have no update for you, we changed to processing further on the 18th May but alas still no CO. We have actually updated our agent this week on the fact that my husband now has a job offer so not sure if that will help but will do no harm I am sure...... Come on CO's

I missed page 68 as went on hols, nice one roys!

Put me down for Melbourne - that is if my step sibling faux par doesnt scupper me - I bet they want a family tree now.

Happily ACPO have confirmed receipt back on the 25/5

I missed page 68 as went on hols, nice one roys!

Put me down for Melbourne - that is if my step sibling faux par doesnt scupper me - I bet they want a family tree now.

Happily ACPO have confirmed receipt back on the 25/5

I had to do a family tree as there were 6 applicants and 5 different surnames! LOL

Visa granted this Morning Whooooooo:jiggy::notworthy::cool:

:ssign19:Definately have case officer. Team 2, just meds and pcc requested. Nearly time to open the champers.

Congrats to everyone who got there visas today, and good luck to those still waiting.:biggrin: Shelly

A big congratulations to Ms Petite and Shelly, good luck for your CO assignment...

Hi Jars,

First of all great work putting together all our info - thanks!! Afraid I have no update for you, we changed to processing further on the 18th May but alas still no CO. We have actually updated our agent this week on the fact that my husband now has a job offer so not sure if that will help but will do no harm I am sure...... Come on CO's

Oh noo! Weird that it changed on the 18th and then nothing since..? What does your agent say about it all? Congrats on the job offer though -that's great news and must surely help. Make sure to tell us as soon as anything changes...

Archived