176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rocketship

Hi guys, I lodged on 28/05 and have no co yet, I've already submitted police clearance and meds were done on 11/06. If I dont get allocated a co by 30/06 will that mean my application will be subject to the new rules???

Hi Nishi

Sorry to hear you are in similar situation to me. I would love to know if all of the folk that are still waiting have the same case officer who is some numpty or person who is off sick all the time and maybe that is why ours are taking so long.

Jain

Hello. I lodged my visa 176 last april 16. I got an e-mail from my agent yesterday stating that i did not meet the passmark score of 65, I;m 5 points short. Is there a way to claim that 5 points?

English: 10

O/S work: 15

A/A work: -

Quals: 15

STNI: 05

Total: 60

My agent is insisting to withdraw the application. I'm hoping that there are other ways to get the 5 points.

This is really shocking on part of your agent. But still not everything is lost. You can withdraw your application now and use that money to apply again under regional visa which will give you 5 extra points as Millie suggested. I guess within 90 days period, you can always ask the sponsoring state to send the sponsorship letter again to DIAC (not sure about it though, somebody can correct me here if I am wrong).

Good luck.

We are also waiting for a CO, But when we log on it say application being processed further And when i click away on the check list they all say MET apart from the meds and xrays, but a new bit has come up saying Australian federal police certificate (AFP) and that also says required so i dont know if i have to get an Australia police check done as no one has told me to go and get it. we were in Australia for 2 years on a WHV... So a little confused to if we have a CO or not...

We are also waiting for a CO, But when we log on it say application being processed further And when i click away on the check list they all say MET apart from the meds and xrays, but a new bit has come up saying Australian federal police certificate (AFP) and that also says required so i dont know if i have to get an Australia police check done as no one has told me to go and get it. we were in Australia for 2 years on a WHV... So a little confused to if we have a CO or not...

If that was in the last 10 years then yes you would have to get the AFP done.

Hi Ozdirect

I think 60 points was the pass mark under the old system which I think was in place when your agent applied last year. I agree with others you could achieve the 65 points by sponsorship or getting a score of 8 or above in each of the ielts sections.

Jain

If that was in the last 10 years then yes you would have to get the AFP done.
Hi there Jars it was in the last 10 years. But been on the website (AFP) and its only a page long to fill out, But it says what is your address and what was your previous address Which ones do i put down! The one from england or the one that i was at in Australia...

Hi Jars and Sharmagaurav

Thanks for the support, I didn't do my application via an agent so I have nobody to blame if something has been done wrongly on my side. I wonder if it is to do with the number of points I have (ie are they taking people with high scores before low scores) my score was 70 points.

The only way you can contact diac if you have no contact from a case officer is via land mail or phone as they have no email address for queries. If anyone knows of an email address to contact them could they let me know.

Thanks

Jain

hey all just to keep people updated on peoples timescales. we lodged our 176 on 31/5 and have been allocated a CO today (13/06) :biggrin:

Hope the others who are waiting get theirs quick!

Also, our visa agent has told us that as long as you have lodged the applciation before the rule changes on 1st July then it will b processed with the old rules!

Guest flossiebess

Hey. We lodged on 29th and no CO either. Does everyone else's 'home page' on the diac site request medicals? We've booked ours for next Friday.

Re the points, we have 85 so I don't think it's in order. We are onshore though.

Frustrating!

still no CO and no requests for any other documents. Really hoping to be appointed a CO before Friday as we go away until the end of June and do not want to be thinking about any emails/requests for further info etc whilst on holiday!!

Hi Dean74

I haven't been on this site for a while because, like you, I'm getting really frustrated at being left behind. My application is straightforward - I am only applicant on the visa so less to check, I come from a low risk country (ie the UK) which according to the immigration website means my application should be dealt with quicker, I have lived in same country all my life and the jobs for which I am claiming points are all NHS so easy to check. I thought I was being ignored because others had occupations in higher demand but they are really short in mine so can't be that either.

The weird thing is, like you, all my documents still say required and I have a message dated 1st June stating application being processed further - no sign of a case officer and no sign of any email to myself. I phoned the GSM processing office (waited 24 minutes for them to answer!!! Marginally cheaper than getting a flight over to their bloody offices!!!) and was informed I have had a case officer since the 18th May - they could not tell me why I had not been contacted by this person or why my case was taking so long, just said it was end of financial year and therefore very busy, eh!!! I asked if not having my visa by 1st July would result in me being shunted onto the new system and he said no along as I had a case officer I would be taken as part of the old system. He also said something about the allocation time of 4 weeks that is quoted on the immigration site should be taken as 4 weeks from been allocated a case officer (therefore in theory I should hear from somebody this week). I am going to upload a letter to the area where you upload all your documents asking my case officer if they could contact me as I have no other way of contacting them.

Don't know if any of this helps you but thought I'd share it anyway (form of therapy for me, well that and stomping around house while cursing bloody stupid system that makes no sense and leaves you with sod all information).

Jain

Hi,

My case is also straight forward - worked in the same place for 22 years, have all my certs for apprenticeship, all payslips and p60's provided could not get an easier open and shut case!!. I am ringing them tonight to see if like someone stated earlier that i have a numpty or bone idle case officer, who stares out of the window all day wondering if the waves are high enough to go out on!! Thanks for letting me know about your experiance, hope i have the same co and he also has just forgot to get in touch, i will take any co at this point in time!!.

Dean and Jain, I am really feeling for you guys. I thought I had it bad when I was waiting for CO! It makes absolutely no sense why you two are having to wait this long and others get theirs within a matter of days. Dean did you manage to speak to DIAC today?

Hi Jars,

Ringing them tonight, can't help thinking something is wrong with my case, or maybe they read what i write on here and my file is now sitting at the bottom of the waist paper basket!!.

Hi Jars,

Ringing them tonight, can't help thinking something is wrong with my case, or maybe they read what i write on here and my file is now sitting at the bottom of the waist paper basket!!.

Try not to panic, we lodged the same time as you and still have had no contact from our CO. We discovered that our CO tried to contact the aviation regulator that did our skills assessment with a question 3 weeks ago but because the person that the e-mail was addressed to was off on holiday it just sat unanswered so the CO just had to wait with our application on their desk. It is really frustrating but I am sure your case is being worked and will be fine. Good Luck

Hi Jars and Sharmagaurav

Thanks for the support, I didn't do my application via an agent so I have nobody to blame if something has been done wrongly on my side. I wonder if it is to do with the number of points I have (ie are they taking people with high scores before low scores) my score was 70 points.

The only way you can contact diac if you have no contact from a case officer is via land mail or phone as they have no email address for queries. If anyone knows of an email address to contact them could they let me know.

Thanks

Jain

If you go on the DIAC website and click "check progress of your online application" you will get to a screen where you can enter your TRN and passport numbers and then there is a box that allows you to e-mail DIAC regarding your application direct from their website. Hope this makes sense........

yip don't know what they are doing for us, we have done most of the work ourselves and keeping them informed of changes to visas etc.... and preventing more mistakes, i wish we had never used them, and we paid $3000, for the service as well. grrrrr, we are just fed up,

Hi Jars,

Give them a call and if the DIAC operator says that you have a case officer, ask the name of the case officer and the email ID. I also did not have case officer even after 4 weeks of lodging the applicaiton. Called DIAC got the CO name and email ID. Got replied on the same day by another case officer, and was requested for Medicals with all the other documents set to "MET"

yip don't know what they are doing for us, we have done most of the work ourselves and keeping them informed of changes to visas etc.... and preventing more mistakes, i wish we had never used them, and we paid $3000, for the service as well. grrrrr, we are just fed up,

Sounds familiar!!:mad:

Archived