AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

Dear All thought I would update, just recieved my letter eligible for Registration from APHRA, so now just need to get to Oz, go to their office and sort out a job. Have contacted agencies and Queensland Health, with my CV and covering letter. Typically need to wait for my Spouse Visa, lets hope it come through soon. Good luck to all those still waiting xx

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colin77
Documents sent 2/4/2012 received email 3/5/2012 confirming that my application has been processed and I am eligible for registration as a Mental Health Nurse in Australia...docs sent to the Adelaide office :biggrin::biggrin:, just need to secure a job now:smile: happy days ahead :laugh:

hey folks - pretty much the same for me as well...I also sent my application to the Adelaide office - sent 17th April, and 4th May they sent the letter of eligibility (which I recieved by post today, the 9th). On top of the stuff they request, I sent two employer references, otherwise, nothing too complicated... it took a good couple of months to put everything together - and to be honest, I wasn't 100% convinced I'd achieve registration, coz I don't have a Bachelor, but it seems 12 years experience counts for something... I'd be happy to answer more specific questions as far as the application goes...

Now, where to find a job - any tips? (I am about to start scouring the other threads!) Better with an agency, or direct to the employers - probabyl a mixture of both... where do they advertise jobs? What's the equivalent of the Guardian, or a RCN magazine?

Colin

Mental Health Nurse who has worked in the UK and Germany... currently in Dresden, soon to be in Adelaide...

Congratulations Colin - a very speedy response from AHPRA :smile:

I'm still collecting paperwork for my application - hate the fact that I have no control over the process at the moment, just waiting on others to do things, post things to me etc - guess it will all come right in the end.

Guest lilmissp
Dear All thought I would update, just recieved my letter eligible for Registration from APHRA, so now just need to get to Oz, go to their office and sort out a job. Have contacted agencies and Queensland Health, with my CV and covering letter. Typically need to wait for my Spouse Visa, lets hope it come through soon. Good luck to all those still waiting xx

Great. Celebration time !!!!!!

Guest lexibexi

Hi i am new to this so be nice haha i am getting all my stuff certified next week to send to APHRA which office would you suggest to send it too for quickness. I am going to perth next april/may, hopefully i wont wait too long x

Guest Nickyjrowland
Hi i am new to this so be nice haha i am getting all my stuff certified next week to send to APHRA which office would you suggest to send it too for quickness. I am going to perth next april/may, hopefully i wont wait too long x

Hi, I sent mine to Perth mid March and it only took 4 weeks to get letter of eligibility so I would say get your application right and Perth is quite speedy :) good luck with the process. We are hoping to be there by Feb next year at the latest, just a job to find before we go!! What field of nursing are you in?

Nicky

Guest lilmissp

Hi I have to agree that Adelaide office seems to be processing quickly going by what people say on here. From my experience defo not Brisbane. Good luck!

Guest lilmissp

Hi all

I actually got an email today although still not good news yet they have requested transcripts to be resent and say they still have to do police checks. Does anyone know how long this should take?

Thanks

Hi all! could i check what identity documents everyone has sent?

On the website it says that if applying from overseas a minimum of a certified passport can be sent (and a marrigae certificate if married). Which is what I have sent. For those who have been granted registration-what did you send?

Thanks

Guest lilmissp
Hi all! could i check what identity documents everyone has sent?

On the website it says that if applying from overseas a minimum of a certified passport can be sent (and a marrigae certificate if married). Which is what I have sent. For those who have been granted registration-what did you send?

Thanks

Think I sent copies of passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate. :) although still waiting to be granted

HI all

Sent my Ahpra 3/3/12 - delay due to my transcript being an accademic one and not a professional midwifery on (apparently!!!) although two sent. Have spoke to the university of Salford three times and they advise that the transcript is correct but ahpra saying it is incorrect.........am at my wits end with them. Help??????...do I

• call them and badger them to get there arses in gear
  • put in a complaint as my e-mails have gone unanswered

I have had a job offer conditional on me obtaining my ahpra registration and have been waiting ages.

:arghh:

HI all

Sent my Ahpra 3/3/12 - delay due to my transcript being an accademic one and not a professional midwifery on (apparently!!!) although two sent. Have spoke to the university of Salford three times and they advise that the transcript is correct but ahpra saying it is incorrect.........am at my wits end with them. Help??????...do I

I have had a job offer conditional on me obtaining my ahpra registration and have been waiting ages.

Did the university send an academic transcript or a syllabus transcript? My uni said APHRA need the syllabus one, not the academic one.

Guest aoneill

hI DEBORAHJ

I am having a bit of bother with ahpra also, I sent my application last Sept 2011. after 16 weeks they sent me a email, they had misplaced all my docs. have to resent once again. so fed with them, so last week i lodged formal complaint due to the timescale that i have waited. they are complete arses the lot of them, I sent my application to Sydney, appartenly Adelaide processing in a matter of a few weeks. I have the also this week sent a job offer letter which i just got, to see if that would speed up my application. So i am still no further on. goodluck, just keep pestering them. x

Did the university send an academic transcript or a syllabus transcript? My uni said APHRA need the syllabus one, not the academic one.

Deborah - maybe check with the uni again as Gilraen suggests - check which transcript they did send.

If that seems OK, then I would contact AHPRA again - maybe ask to speak to a manager if you don't get any satisfaction from the first person you speak to. Make sure that they are aware of your job offer. It seems amazing sometimes what AHPRA manage to 'find' and 'sort out' when they are pushed.

If that doesn't work, then I think you have to put in an official complaint.

Mineboggled?! AHPRA?? I am on the website...which link do I use to apply....Do I need to select a state...what if we don't know where in Oz we want to go yet?

What documents are involved in applying to the register.....so I can get everything prepared.....do I need to get NMC/Uni where I did training to do anything?

Thanks muchly guys! xx

Firtst thing to do is to apply to your uni for an academic transcript of your training. There is often a fee involved with this - Had to pay £75 and it took 6 weeks for it to be done and posted to me :wideeyed: . My daughter's uni took 6 weeks also but only charged her £60.

The AHPRA registration form is available online to download - form AGOS40. There is also lots of information available on the AHPRA site that will give you details of the format for your CV, documents required, how the documents must be authenticated etc - http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Overseas-Practitioners.aspx When you are ready to apply you will then need to contact the NMC and request a form to complete allowing them to send a certificate of professional status directly to AHPRA - more money involved £34 - http://www.nmc-uk.org/Registration/Planning-to-work-outside-the-UK/Planning-to-work-outside-of-Europe

Just do lots of reading and preparation, do everything step-by-step, and it is should (fingers crossed) all go OK :smile:

i sent my request off to plymouth uni yesterday for full breakdown of syllabus and transcipt + eu directives, including hours, and requesting a letter to say i was taught and assessed during my nurse training in English... cost £85 ..... cheque signed begrudgingly!

Hi Maruska- what does positive skills assessment mean? I want to apply for 175 i am a reg'd nurse and not sure where to start! i opened the online 175 tonight and wasn't sure if i have to do anything before i start filling in the form!

Guest lilmissp
HI all

I feel your pain!!! They are driving me to the edge. I have had the same problem, I can only suggest to keep badgering them.