AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

My training institution is long gone too and the transcript of training wasn't available at the NMC.

I spoke to NMC and they told me they send an EU directive instead and APHRA are used to this.

They told me when I rang that they had sent it that day. I also got a letter confirming the Statement of good standing that they ask NMC for.

The only other NMC document I sent was the statement of entry.

I sent mine to Darwin based on recommendations here.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilmissp
Hi, we're at the very early stages of gathering our documentaton for AHPRA application. As my training institution no longer exists I've had to apply to the NMC to see if they are able to provide details. I'm very nervous about this as they don't send any information to the applicant, only Australia itself so I don't even know if they have sent it. Anyone else had a similar experience? We were also advised to send our documents to the central office in Melbourne but should we send it to the regional office which in our case would be Darwin? Help?! Claire

Good luck with the process. I was the same as you the NMC and the university sent the things direct to Australia and refused to send it to myself as they said that people could alter the documents and that was the reason they send direct to AHPRA. As I have had no feedback from AHPRA I cant tell you if this is alright or not. I dont know where I read it but I am sure I read that you have to send your application to the state in which you are going to work/live in but I have noticed some people saying they have sent it elsewhere so you should maybe put that question out there :)

Guest lilmissp

just a question- Does anyone else feel really stressed by all this? I feel so stressed by it all, there is so much to think of and AHPRA seem to hold up everything from the visa process to when to sell the house. Its the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think about at night- and I check my emails daily. By the time I get to Australia, if I ever get there, I may be declared INSANE :wacko:

Good luck with the process. I was the same as you the NMC and the university sent the things direct to Australia and refused to send it to myself as they said that people could alter the documents and that was the reason they send direct to AHPRA. As I have had no feedback from AHPRA I cant tell you if this is alright or not. I dont know where I read it but I am sure I read that you have to send your application to the state in which you are going to work/live in but I have noticed some people saying they have sent it elsewhere so you should maybe put that question out there :)

You can send it to any office, but if you have a job offer and want it to be hurried up it needs to be at the office in the state the job is, they will forward it then. If you are happy to wait then chose. You can turn up at any office and finalise the registration, regardless of where you sent it initially. :biggrin:

just a question- Does anyone else feel really stressed by all this? I feel so stressed by it all, there is so much to think of and AHPRA seem to hold up everything from the visa process to when to sell the house. Its the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think about at night- and I check my emails daily. By the time I get to Australia, if I ever get there, I may be declared INSANE :wacko:

Yes I check Track and trace 3 times a day, at least!!!!!!!!! Starting at 6am and ending at around midnight..........what's sleep :err:

Guest lilmissp
Yes I check Track and trace 3 times a day, at least!!!!!!!!! Starting at 6am and ending at around midnight..........what's sleep :err:

OH I'm not the only one then. :biggrin: see you in the insane ward, bet its full of AHPRA applicants :wink:

Thanks GilraenH

I haven't asked for the Statement of good service. What's this? Should I ask the NMC for this or is it automatic

if you have no 'issues?'

Thanks Claire

The Board requires a Certificate of Registration Status or

Certificate of Good Standing from every jurisdiction outside of

Australia in which you are currently, or have previously been

registered as a health practitioner during the last five years.

I miscalled it Claire. It costs £34 from NMC and they send it direct to, I think, 4 addresses for the same price. So you can ask them to send to APHRA and ANMAC.

You said it, cant agree with you more it certainly is dire, frustrating and annoying. Me and you are in the same boat. Which office did you send it to and when did you send yours?

Hi I haven't sent mine yet as the Uni said it would take ages for my transcript to be prepared due to a change in staff, so I hung back to make sur all the docs were spot on, but just had an emailnow to say transcript is almost ready and I'm not!!! Anyway will be sending it to NSW as I have a job offer just outside Sydney

Rachel x

I applied last year to Brisbane and heard nothing until I went home last month and apparently they archived it due to not hearing from me as they sent me an email, but they had copied my email down wrong ... thus no reply from me. They now have the right email account and I have to get everything re certified as the rules changed and they no longer accept it done by a solicitor. Got an appointment with the magistrates court next Tuesday and fee is £25.00. Then into the post to my son and certified to Brisbane office from Oz. then I guess it will be about 6 weeks after that.

Well I have now posted of my docs .....all 76 of them to my son and royal mail says it will take 5 working days to get to my son, the last lot took 3 weeks so just have to wait and see and then wait for my raffle to sell enough tickets so that I can hand the keys over for my house and move back ..........

having read these posts I feel stressed for you all! I took 3 months to gather all the documents and then lodged application with SA Aphra on 28th March and got my confirmation yesterday (24th April) I am registered as a mental health nurse there.Gathering the documents stressful- aphra was fine as everything was the right things when i sent them.Now the stress to find a job! If I can help anyone let me know and good luck to you all :)

having read these posts I feel stressed for you all! I took 3 months to gather all the documents and then lodged application with SA Aphra on 28th March and got my confirmation yesterday (24th April) I am registered as a mental health nurse there.Gathering the documents stressful- aphra was fine as everything was the right things when i sent them.Now the stress to find a job! If I can help anyone let me know and good luck to you all :)

I'm at the gathering together of paperwork stage Delaneym and it is driving me mad :wacko: . I'm constantly waiting on other people to provide things for me and I hate that I have no control over that. I keep thinking that next week will be the week that I will be able to submit my application but then the weekend comes around, another week gone and I still haven't achieved anything. Hopefully when I do manage to get everything together and send it off it will go through the AHPRA system without any hitches :rolleyes:

I remember it well Just when i thought i had everything i would find out there was one more thing!! I almost had a breakdown sitting the ielts incase they wouldnt accept my education proof and even sent a declaration form as the back up to the back up!! i hounded the university for the transcript, drove the nmc crazy to get the pack sorted !! I have copies of everything i sent if it helps anyone! Can you imagine I dont have a job but the collection of things for the medical etc is beginning today ( I just sent for a full copy of birth certificate)...!! Marion :em3600:

Guest Nickyjrowland

My experience of AHPRA has been great, I sent my application to Perth office and had letter of eligibility to register 4 weeks later no messing. I just have to go in person the the Perth office when I get there to register with proof of ID. I followed everything to the letter and as well as including letters from previous employers I also included job descriptions, where they asked for something I made sure I gave them it in detail. It seemed to work :)

Having read a lot about AHPRA I think I am an exception to the ule so I may have struck lucky with my case officer too :)

My AHPRA reg is driving me mad, uni transcripts ready in no time at all, but I was informed it would take 6-8 weeks and now I'm not ready!! Still waiting on ref's and need to organise notary, which is a minefield in it's self. I have my original statement of entry from the NMC, do I need anything else from them as I see them mentioned often?

everything is one more thing!! as i have only just completed mine if you want a list of what i sent and costs just pm me. Chin up i think there is nothing that stops anyone moving to oz and nursing there except ourselves giving up! I am wondering the costs for the visa when i get a job offer! sigh.....Marion :)

I am cross right now!!! have spoken to a lovely lady at Aphra today who I have been trying to contact as I have not had a reply regarding my Aphra registration. I have sent all the relevant paperwork, but ....I have been told that my qualification states I am a Adult trained nurse and that is causing a problem? Has to be investigated???? In the UK there are several branches of which Adult general nursing is one of them, I even have the Bsc degree. As anyone else had this problem??????? I feel I am being fobbed off!!!