AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

Guest lilmissp
hI DEBORAHJ

I am having a bit of bother with ahpra also, I sent my application last Sept 2011. after 16 weeks they sent me a email, they had misplaced all my docs. have to resent once again. so fed with them, so last week i lodged formal complaint due to the timescale that i have waited. they are complete arses the lot of them, I sent my application to Sydney, appartenly Adelaide processing in a matter of a few weeks. I have the also this week sent a job offer letter which i just got, to see if that would speed up my application. So i am still no further on. goodluck, just keep pestering them. x

My God thats awful I am so glad you sent a formal complaint and I hope you get some joy from that. Good luck

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Rachael!! I love your approach. Wish we had carried out that approach from the start. We are still waiting..... They received our original documentation 19th Dec 2011.They managed to lose some of our paperwork and then requested more from NMC!!!.:no:

They Received all our documentation updates on the 11th April 2012. Now for the hounding to start!! as we are now relying on a quick turn around of the 457 Visa as our children are moving schools in September if we stay here any longer, so we were hoping to enter Aus the end of August at the latest Grrr!!:arghh:

Well Just to add the latest instalment. After much hounding of the AHPRA for details of what is actually happening at present they have finally informed us that after spending 4 weeks studying the NMC syllabus they have realised it is for a child care Nurse and not a general Nurse!! So they have supposedly contacted NMC to send the correct syllabus. After contacting the NMC herself. My wife discovered the AHPRA have not contacted them with regards this issue and they will now be sending the correct Syllabus to AHPRA!! God give us strength. If there ever was a case of incompetency this must rate as one of the highest order!!!

Down fall of all this lack of professionalism is time-scale, as flights will no doubt be more costly the nearer to our pencilled in date gets and the fact we were hoping our kids wouldn't have to change schools twice this year, pails in to insignificance sadly.

What ever next!:realmad:

Here's hoping:biggrin:

HI all

Just thought i would update you on the further incompetance of AHPRA, after weeks of them advising me that my professional midwifery transcript is not correct - it has turned out that the problem they had was in my surname - i trained under my maiden name but my registration is in my married name, despite sending my marriage certificate they could not get their wee little heads around the change!!!

God give me strength!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAArrrrrrggghhh.

I sympathise with the problems everyone has with them. Complete Buffoons:wacko:

HI all

Just thought i would update you on the further incompetance of AHPRA, after weeks of them advising me that my professional midwifery transcript is not correct - it has turned out that the problem they had was in my surname - i trained under my maiden name but my registration is in my married name, despite sending my marriage certificate they could not get their wee little heads around the change!!!

AAAAArrrrrrggghhh.

Which APHRA office was this? :eek:

HI all

AAAAArrrrrrggghhh.

My ANMAC documents were logged by AHPRA using my first name and surname, and my application was logged under my full name. This was only discovered after I phoned AHPRA. They had previously sent me an email saying they had not received my documents from the ANMAC. Good job I phoned them cus I could of wasted more time and money getting the verification, Uni transcripts and IELTS results sent again. That was nearly 6 weeks ago and I havn't heard a thing since!!!

Guest rebeccalennon

Hi I applied last July to the Sydney office they eventually transferred my application to the Queensland office (due to a backlog...) and I am still waiting I have asked if I can do anything else to help speed up the process but it just seems to be a case of waiting. I have a job in Sydney and am really suprised they have kept the post open so long!

Does anyone know if the process is quicker for doctors ?

Guest rebeccalennon

Are you a nurse because you don't seem to have waited that long for your registration. Where did you apply ?

Are you a nurse because you don't seem to have waited that long for your registration. Where did you apply ?

Hi Rebecca, who are you asking? The majority of us are nurses. Those who got their registration quickly have used quieter offices like Adelaide and Darwin.

Have you made a complaint. APHRA say that the time scale for overseas assessment is 4-6 weeks so they are not meeting their own standards. Some nurses have found that when challenged APHRA speeds up.

Good Luck!

Guest rebeccalennon

Was asking gilraenh sorry u I am a bit new to poi and this chat forum business. Thanks I will make a complaint and see what happens I have waited over ten months !

Was asking gilraenh sorry u I am a bit new to poi and this chat forum business. Thanks I will make a complaint and see what happens I have waited over ten months !

No problem Rebecca. Good luck and I hope it sorts out your registration for you. :biggrin:

Guest lilmissp
Hi I applied last July to the Sydney office they eventually transferred my application to the Queensland office (due to a backlog...) and I am still waiting I have asked if I can do anything else to help speed up the process but it just seems to be a case of waiting. I have a job in Sydney and am really suprised they have kept the post open so long!

Does anyone know if the process is quicker for doctors ?

That is absolutely ridiculous. You need to complain in writing, there is no way you should have to wait that length of time. Good luck and keep us up to date with how you get on.

Guest rebeccalennon

Thanks I spoke to them the other night and i'am going to be assessed by a committee (does anyone else know if we all have to go through a committee?) Apparently this committee only runs once a month generally on the 15th which seems a little insane considering how many applications they recieve. After the committee meeting it then takes another 2 weeks for them to let you know it your application will be approved! I dont know anyone else that has had to wait over 10 months for there registration !:arghh:

Edited by rebeccalennon

Guest trasi

Hi AllI finally got my AHPRA registration today !..... They received application early Feb, so has taken about 3 months. I used the Sydney office but only cos my jobs there and thought i had to. I have had to chase them, and re-send numerous documents. I also had to take an oath on a bible for them !!!..... someone on hear said that if you have a starting date, email them and tell them. I did exactly that (im due to start in Aug). i emailed them and said could they give me an update as im meant to be starting in august and my ozzie employers cant do my visa without my registration ! Within 5 days of sending the email, i received my registration !!! Hope you all get yours soontrasi x

Guest trasi

By the way rebecca, i total agree with others.... thats a hell of a long time to wait.... i feel for you..... dont give up and keep chasing......good luck xx

hi all,

I sent my registration docs off a couple of weeks ago to Brisbane. I'm hoping it doesn't take months!

I just wondered how people are getting offered jobs without Aussie registration? I submitted an expression of interest to Queensland health and they won't accept it until I am registered in Australia.

Guest rebeccalennon

Hi Kapri, I filled in an EOI form and most employers wouldnt even consider me until i got my registration although i did get a job with a hospital in sydney and they where happy to wait and still our, as my registration is taking forever !

Thanks I spoke to them the other night and i'am going to be assessed by a committee (does anyone else know if we all have to go through a committee?) Apparently this committee only runs once a month generally on the 15th which seems a little insane considering how many applications they recieve. After the committee meeting it then takes another 2 weeks for them to let you know it your application will be approved! I dont know anyone else that has had to wait over 10 months for there registration !:arghh:

If the application is straight forward and the recommendation is to register, a delegate of the Board may register the applicant without referring to the relevant National Board. Complicated cases will be referred to the National Board for resolution.

Stage 3: National Board Decision

The Board may accept the recommendation or take some other action. The Board's decision will either be to register, register with conditions, or reject the application.

rebecca your case may not be straigt forward, although it seems a disgrace that it has taken them 10 months to realise that it needs the National Board to consider it!!!!

Guest lilmissp

This all seems a bit extreme!! Is there anything unusual about your case? If not then I would contine to pursue your complaint to higher level because they arent even dealing with your complaint quickly, Just keep at them, all the best x

Guest lilmissp
Hi AllI finally got my AHPRA registration today !..... They received application early Feb, so has taken about 3 months. I used the Sydney office but only cos my jobs there and thought i had to. I have had to chase them, and re-send numerous documents. I also had to take an oath on a bible for them !!!..... someone on hear said that if you have a starting date, email them and tell them. I did exactly that (im due to start in Aug). i emailed them and said could they give me an update as im meant to be starting in august and my ozzie employers cant do my visa without my registration ! Within 5 days of sending the email, i received my registration !!! Hope you all get yours soontrasi x

Great stuff, Hoping mine will be not too far behind yours as I set mine in February. :)))

Guest lilmissp
rebecca your case may not be straigt forward, although it seems a disgrace that it has taken them 10 months to realise that it needs the National Board to consider it!!!!

Yeah thats what I was thinking.

Guest aoneill

hi all, my latest with AHPRA is nothing, just received another email saying that they have received docs that I sent 2 week ago. still awaiting to hear from formal complaint that was also sent several weeks back. Not good enough, so have emailed the Ombudsman office and voiced my concerns to him/her.Hopefully that will get their lazy arses in Sydney office in gear. will keep u all posted. have had enought of this shat.who do they think they are messing with people's futures. COMPLETE ARSES THE LOT OF THEM. xxx

Guest alliebarbar

Hi

5 Months you say, OMHG. Was that a new application? My husband is re registering so I hope his doesn't take that long!!

Hi

5 Months you say, OMHG. Was that a new application? My husband is re registering so I hope his doesn't take that long!!

It all depends on the application - if it is straightforward people have got their registrations in under 3 weeks , if there are pronblems of any sort, it can take considerably longer.

Just make sure that before you send off the application, you check and recheck that you have enclosed all the documentation required, that those documents that need notarising are done and by the right person and that your cv is in the approved format - this is where a lot of people have problems. There is advice on the AHPRA site about all of this so read, read, read.

Good luck :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rebeccalennon

Hi,

I applied to ahpra last july they took my money about 2 weeks afterwards. My application was then transferred to the brisbane office (i orginally applied to sydney) they wrote to me in march requesting more info so i sent that about april and im still waiting to hear! Its nearly been a year now and I have a job offer in sydney and have done since last march ! Its fair to say ahpra arnt my favourite people at the moment!

Hi,

I applied to ahpra last july they took my money about 2 weeks afterwards. My application was then transferred to the brisbane office (i orginally applied to sydney) they wrote to me in march requesting more info so i sent that about april and im still waiting to hear! Its nearly been a year now and I have a job offer in sydney and have done since last march ! Its fair to say ahpra arnt my favourite people at the moment!

OMG Rebecca, did you complain to APHRA and Ombudsman? :eek: