AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

Guest lilmissp

:arghh:Hi all I applied to AHPRA 8 weeks ago:arghh: and apart from acknowledgement in february that they have my application I have heard nothing else. I have phoned and asked if there is anything I need to send but have got nowhere and no answers apart from it is being assessed. If I have missed anything or need to change anything would they have contacted me by now?

For anyone who has had experience how long did it take them to contact you if you needed to change anything or re-send anything. I feel so frustrated as I am sure everyone who has had to deal with them must feel.

:arghh:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

which office did you send your application to? It seems according to PIO member experiences that some of the busy offices like NSW ( Sydney) take longer time processing. I think that 8 weeks is too early to have anything done but don`t have a personal experience, I am going to apply at the end of April.

Guest lilmissp

Hi Maruska

I applied to Queensland. But now I am having all sorts of panics as I know if it isnt right it will really mess a lot of things up ie timing for visa house sale starting job.

Hi Maruska

I applied to Queensland. But now I am having all sorts of panics as I know if it isnt right it will really mess a lot of things up ie timing for visa house sale starting job.

If you are applying for permanent residency visa then you don`t need the registration, only positive skills assessment. Best of luck:wubclub:

Guest lilmissp
Have you contacted them to see they have everything? Or is there anything that you might chase up for them?

Good Luck!

Hi, yes I have phoned them twice and asked if there is anything I need to send but I am just told that it is currently with an assessor and they say it is within time scale even though I was told 4-6weeks and it is now 8 weeks. !!!!

Hi, yes I have phoned them twice and asked if there is anything I need to send but I am just told that it is currently with an assessor and they say it is within time scale even though I was told 4-6weeks and it is now 8 weeks. !!!!

Fingers crossed then it is not long! I know from others that this is a very frustrating wait/part of the process. :smile:

Hi,

First post so be kind. I applied for nurse licensure with the AHPRA in Sydney - October last year. The confirmation of receipt email came roughly two weeks after I mailed the application form out, they also debited my payment around the same time (October 2011). Heard absoulutely nothing until an email first week of March 2012 requesting I re-send my University transcript in an AHPRA acceptable format (let me know if you need to know what this format is, may save you time). Currently I am still waiting for my Uni to send out the revised transcript (takes time to re-format a standard transcript into AHPRA format).

I have been given until the first week of May to provide the transcript or they automatically bin my application (unless I request an extension but they don't say how this is done). I have been advised by my waiting employer in Queensland that their experience with the AHPRA is that it averages 6-9 months. Fortunately for me my employer's attitude seems to be "come as soon as is convenient for you" so I have been under absoulutely no stress.

Just hang in there.

David

Guest baileysgirlx

Hi all, mine took 5 months and 2 weeks exactly with the Perth Office ! Yes a bloody nightmare I'm sorry to say. Apparently there is a massive backlog! I kept emailing constantly but it doesn't speed it up. As long as you have had your original acknowledgement then you just have to sit back and grit your teeth as best as you can. Hopefully yours will come quicker than mine!! Good luck x x x

Guest littlesarah

Are you all talking specifically about nurses registration? Because I think there is variation between professions. I'm thinking that there might be issues with nursing because of the numbers involved and the differences in training.

I've found AHPRA a bit more efficient than HPC, but I do wish they'd just take my registration fee in one go, rather than keep asking for a payment, and then asking for more a few months later!

i sent my application away in jan 11th 2012, they took my money on the 20th of jan, then started processing it on the 13th march.......... my uni transcript was late being sent by my university hence it was late being processed, according to my telephone call i should hear from them in the next 14 days ....... im not holding my breath.

Guest baileysgirlx

Maybe littlesarah yes you are probably right. What is your profession and can I ask what is HPC? My money was taken all in one go rather than dribs and drabs. You never know gordonsmith yours might be ultra quick! Which office did you send yours too? Mine was the Perth office. Fingers crossed for us all to get to Oz as soon as! Miserable rain here today! Happy Easter x x

Hi,

First post so be kind. I applied for nurse licensure with the AHPRA in Sydney - October last year. The confirmation of receipt email came roughly two weeks after I mailed the application form out, they also debited my payment around the same time (October 2011). Heard absoulutely nothing until an email first week of March 2012 requesting I re-send my University transcript in an AHPRA acceptable format (let me know if you need to know what this format is, may save you time). Currently I am still waiting for my Uni to send out the revised transcript (takes time to re-format a standard transcript into AHPRA format).

I have been given until the first week of May to provide the transcript or they automatically bin my application (unless I request an extension but they don't say how this is done). I have been advised by my waiting employer in Queensland that their experience with the AHPRA is that it averages 6-9 months. Fortunately for me my employer's attitude seems to be "come as soon as is convenient for you" so I have been under absoulutely no stress.

Just hang in there.

David

Hi,

my application is also at the Sydney office, I sent it end of September last year, I too had to send uni transcript. They recieved them 3 weeks ago, still not getting anywhere, I keep ringing them as it's now holding my 457 visa up, once I get my AHPRA letter we can make the move. It's so frustrating but can't do anything else

good luck David hopefully we won't be waiting much longer. We are going to Queensland too.

rachel

Guest chaddies1

hi

dont hold your breathe i applied to NSW last sept, they took my money October 15th, since then i have emailed them fortnightly finally in february they sent my application up to brisbane because of the backlog in NSW and they asked me for my nurse practitioner academic transcripts and gave me 8 w to sort it, i got them to them after 2w and now they say it will take 4-6 w as they now have to do police checks!!

its a long processs the 90 day rule no longer stands!!! just keep mithering them every couple of weeks!!!

Good luck which office have you sent them too???? some are quicker than others...

I think I must be the only one who has had mine back in less than two months (can't remember exact amount of time, check out my signature for this). Though I harrassed them from day one of them receiving it and rang them every other day. When ringing I asked each time to be put through to the Brisbane office (where I sent mine). I also asked to speak to the CO. I know this sounds harse but I also sent them an email stating that I had not heard anything from them and their 6 week specified deadline (which is stated on their website) was fast approaching, if I was not processed in this timeframe then I would formally complain. The following day I had been emailed my 'in-principle approval.

Hi,

my application is also at the Sydney office, I sent it end of September last year, I too had to send uni transcript. They recieved them 3 weeks ago, still not getting anywhere, I keep ringing them as it's now holding my 457 visa up, once I get my AHPRA letter we can make the move. It's so frustrating but can't do anything else

good luck David hopefully we won't be waiting much longer. We are going to Queensland too.

rachel

Hi,

We seem to all be in the same boat. Rachel, you and I are sat quite close together in the boat. Would be very curious to see how long your application takes as you seem to be just a few weeks ahead of me in the overall process. I delayed the 457 visa as long as I could, I am doing my medicals on the 18th at a cost of just under £900 for the four of us.

Looks like I may still be in London for the Olympics after all -- best start looking for tickets then.

David

Hi,

We seem to all be in the same boat. Rachel, you and I are sat quite close together in the boat. Would be very curious to see how long your application takes as you seem to be just a few weeks ahead of me in the overall process. I delayed the 457 visa as long as I could, I am doing my medicals on the 18th at a cost of just under £900 for the four of us.

Looks like I may still be in London for the Olympics after all -- best start looking for tickets then.

David

Hi David,

Yes I will keep you updated. Our 457 has been processed but they won't grant it until I have AHPRA in principle letter. Only I have had a medical which has been cleared but hubby and my 3 kids haven't and our visa officer hasn't asked them to. She sent me a email saying what was outstanding and just asked for AHPRA. I would double check before you pay all that money. Unless your partner is also a nurse or working with children she may not need to have one.

Rachel

Guest lilmissp

Thanks bikerdave, WOW I cant believe how slow they are and their laid back approach to our lives. thanks for the info and let me know when you hear anything.

Guest lilmissp
Hi all, mine took 5 months and 2 weeks exactly with the Perth Office ! Yes a bloody nightmare I'm sorry to say. Apparently there is a massive backlog! I kept emailing constantly but it doesn't speed it up. As long as you have had your original acknowledgement then you just have to sit back and grit your teeth as best as you can. Hopefully yours will come quicker than mine!! Good luck x x x

Thanks Baileysgirl what a nightmare and I have only started I was hoping to be in australia in next three months but dont think thats going to happen by the sounds of it x

Guest lilmissp
I think I must be the only one who has had mine back in less than two months (can't remember exact amount of time, check out my signature for this). Though I harrassed them from day one of them receiving it and rang them every other day. When ringing I asked each time to be put through to the Brisbane office (where I sent mine). I also asked to speak to the CO. I know this sounds harse but I also sent them an email stating that I had not heard anything from them and their 6 week specified deadline (which is stated on their website) was fast approaching, if I was not processed in this timeframe then I would formally complain. The following day I had been emailed my 'in-principle approval.

Well if this is what it takes I will be following in your footsteps, have already called twice. I have also sent mine to Brisbanex

Guest lilmissp
Are you all talking specifically about nurses registration? Because I think there is variation between professions. I'm thinking that there might be issues with nursing because of the numbers involved and the differences in training.

I've found AHPRA a bit more efficient than HPC, but I do wish they'd just take my registration fee in one go, rather than keep asking for a payment, and then asking for more a few months later!

Yes, I think the majority of us are talking nurse registration.

Guest lilmissp
i sent my application away in jan 11th 2012, they took my money on the 20th of jan, then started processing it on the 13th march.......... my uni transcript was late being sent by my university hence it was late being processed, according to my telephone call i should hear from them in the next 14 days ....... im not holding my breath.

Please dont hold your breath GordonSmith that could have fatal consequences:wink:

Guest baileysgirlx

Hi,lilmissp, you could be one of the lucky ones who gets theirs back very quickly. Hopefully!!! Good luck to

Everyone and keep us updated!! Happy Easter!! X x