AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

Well thought I would share my news, after a phone call and several emails, I decided to send another email and called APHRA. Typically the person was in a meeting, but asked for a prompt reply. This morning I got an email saying my letter of eligibility will be sent shortly, does this mean I have registration??? Any one got any advice, dont want to dance around the house just in case. But I am smiling :biggrin: with the cheesiest grin LOL!!!!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thought I would share my news, after a phone call and several emails, I decided to send another email and called APHRA. Typically the person was in a meeting, but asked for a prompt reply. This morning I got an email saying my letter of eligibility will be sent shortly, does this mean I have registration??? Any one got any advice, dont want to dance around the house just in case. But I am smiling :biggrin: with the cheesiest grin LOL!!!!!

Congratulations!! 17th Feb to 30th April around 6 weeks all in. Not bad. :jiggy: Celebration time?

Guest lilmissp

Fantastic news it sounds as though you should be celebrating!!!!!

Guest lilmissp

pollygirl - our dates are very similar so I am living in hope that I will get the BIG E-MAIL too and I will certainly be opening the champagne. I am going to give them a call tonight to see if I am any further on.:biggrin:

pollygirl - our dates are very similar so I am living in hope that I will get the BIG E-MAIL too and I will certainly be opening the champagne. I am going to give them a call tonight to see if I am any further on.:biggrin:

If you read the emails and excuses I was given, I decided to take the bull by the horns and it paid off, defo ring and email hope you get a result!!!

Guest lilmissp
If you read the emails and excuses I was given, I decided to take the bull by the horns and it paid off, defo ring and email hope you get a result!!!

Thanks Pollygirl and I know what you mean by the BS in the emails I have had several of those, makes you want to scream.:arghh: where in queensland are you going pollygirl thats where I am going too. PM me if you want

Edited by lilmissp

Dear All, well just received the email letter of confirmation, which is valid for a year from APHRA, at last things are finally coming together !!!! Now back to sleep!!!:SLEEP:

Congratulations pollygirl!! I e-mailed them last night for an update. Hopefully they have all they need. I CBA chasing up anything now. Hopefully they will be happy with everything they have for my application.

Congratulations pollygirl!! I e-mailed them last night for an update. Hopefully they have all they need. I CBA chasing up anything now. Hopefully they will be happy with everything they have for my application.

Keep the pressure up, I am glad I did, good luck!!! xx

Hi there guys,

Just wanted to let you know AHPRA emailed me and yes in theory you can send your application anywhere. But they said to me if I'm heading to Sydney to send it to Sydney. They stated please send your application to the state you intend to work in...

Liz

Guest lilmissp
Dear All, well just received the email letter of confirmation, which is valid for a year from APHRA, at last things are finally coming together !!!! Now back to sleep!!!:SLEEP:

wayyy heyyyyyy:hug:

Guest Hannah29
:arghh:Hi all I applied to AHPRA 8 weeks ago:arghh: and apart from acknowledgement in february that they have my application I have heard nothing else. I have phoned and asked if there is anything I need to send but have got nowhere and no answers apart from it is being assessed. If I have missed anything or need to change anything would they have contacted me by now?

For anyone who has had experience how long did it take them to contact you if you needed to change anything or re-send anything. I feel so frustrated as I am sure everyone who has had to deal with them must feel.

:arghh:

Hi, I understand your frustration as I felt it too with my application, but you're going to have to find a lot of patience from somewhere as my application took seven months to be fully processed, and from what I can gather this is about average. I had to resend documents and extras, but it took them a couple of months from when they received my app before they requested stuff. Sorry to say it, and perhaps you'll experience a miracle, but I think you're looking at waiting months not weeks.

Hi,

I sent my application and CV to SA office (after reading on here that SA had a quicker turnaround). I'd already had my skills assessed by ANMAC and requested them to transfer my documents. I didn't get my documents notarised for ANMAC, I had them certified by a solicitor so I thought that AHPRA would reject them but they didn't!! It only took 2 1/2 weeks to get a decision and I am now a Registered Nurse in Australia!!! I am super excited!! I thought I would have a nightmare with them but didn't!! I'm really surprised, but totally chuffed! Job hunting now, anyone know of any Occ Health jobs in QLD, then give me a shout! :biggrin:

Guest lilmissp
Hi,

I sent my application and CV to SA office (after reading on here that SA had a quicker turnaround). I'd already had my skills assessed by ANMAC and requested them to transfer my documents. I didn't get my documents notarised for ANMAC, I had them certified by a solicitor so I thought that AHPRA would reject them but they didn't!! It only took 2 1/2 weeks to get a decision and I am now a Registered Nurse in Australia!!! I am super excited!! I thought I would have a nightmare with them but didn't!! I'm really surprised, but totally chuffed! Job hunting now, anyone know of any Occ Health jobs in QLD, then give me a shout! :biggrin:

Congratulations!!!!!! wish I had sent mine there, Hindsight is a great thing ;))

Guest lilmissp
Hi, I understand your frustration as I felt it too with my application, but you're going to have to find a lot of patience from somewhere as my application took seven months to be fully processed, and from what I can gather this is about average. I had to resend documents and extras, but it took them a couple of months from when they received my app before they requested stuff. Sorry to say it, and perhaps you'll experience a miracle, but I think you're looking at waiting months not weeks.

Beginning to see that now. Dont know how there can be such a wide difference between offices. Just read about the girl that got hers in 2 1/2 weeks yet some are taking 6-7 months.

Hi guys, just thought i,d add my experience of AHPRA to this post, i sent my application of to Adelaide office start of April, and got my email/ letter to say i,m now registered , took just 4 weeks!!! Think the Adelaide/Darwin/Cairns office,s aren,t as busy as the main offices.

So my advise guys is send to these offices and you,ll be reg very soon.. They were v helpful with me, as i told immigration to send my file to Ahpra office, when i changed and sent it to the Adelaide branch, Ahpra emailed me to say its fine they can look up my file on line...

so now applying for 176...Perth here we come.. hope to be there by sept/oct...Good luck everyone... x; Linda

Eligibility letter in the post!!

Just to share with everyone... My re-sent transcript was confirmed to have been received on the 26th of April, exactly one week later I receive an email to say my eligibility letter is in the post. Not sure if my multiple calls and web enquiry messages to AHPRA made a difference during this final week of waiting, but may be worthwhile. I actually left a voicemail message with my case officer.

Handed notice to my employer today and booking flights 7 weeks from now. Mackay QLD here I come.

So here is my timeline for all to get an idea: October 23,2011 application received in Sydney.....March 3,2012 receive second email requesting AHPRA preferred format transcript........April 30, 2012 AHPRA emails in reply to my Web Query that trancript was received on 26/04/2012 (took 2 weeks and a bit to arrive) ........ May 3,2012 email received from case officer saying that eligibility letter is in post and that I have until May 2013 to activate registration.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL. Hang in there.

Guest lilmissp
Eligibility letter in the post!!

Just to share with everyone... My re-sent transcript was confirmed to have been received on the 26th of April, exactly one week later I receive an email to say my eligibility letter is in the post. Not sure if my multiple calls and web enquiry messages to AHPRA made a difference during this final week of waiting, but may be worthwhile. I actually left a voicemail message with my case officer.

Handed notice to my employer today and booking flights 7 weeks from now. Mackay QLD here I com

So here is my timeline for all to get an idea: October 23,2011 application received in Sydney.....March 3,2012 receive second email requesting AHPRA preferred format transcript........April 30, 2012 AHPRA emails in reply to my Web Query that trancript was received on 26/04/2012 (took 2 weeks and a bit to arrive) ........ May 3,2012 email received from case officer saying that eligibility letter is in post and that I have until May 2013 to activate registration.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL. Hang in there.

Congratulations !!!that was a long haul. Do you mind me asking how do you get directly through to your co I have asked several times and they wont put me through or give me a direct phone number or email.

Edited by lilmissp

Hi lilmissp,

I applied to Sydney. As for how I got through, I think probably just got lucky with who I spoke to at AHPRA call centre. I specifically said "all documents are there, do you know how much longer"and the next thing I know he says "I don't know, you can try asking your case officer." he gives me the name and puts me through to her.

Sydney are not the quickest from what I gather from the posts. I hope you sent yours to somewhere else. Good luck to you. It took me about 7 months in total from posting the application.

bikerdave

Guest lilmissp
Hi lilmissp,

I applied to Sydney. As for how I got through, I think probably just got lucky with who I spoke to at AHPRA call centre. I specifically said "all documents are there, do you know how much longer"and the next thing I know he says "I don't know, you can try asking your case officer." he gives me the name and puts me through to her.

Sydney are not the quickest from what I gather from the posts. I hope you sent yours to somewhere else. Good luck to you. It took me about 7 months in total from posting the application.

bikerdave

Hi bikerdave

I sent mine to Brisbane I dont think they are any quicker. I know what you mean by who you get on the phone I have had some very helpful people answer and other down right rude.

Edited by lilmissp

Documents sent 2/4/2012 received email 3/5/2012 confirming that my application has been processed and I am eligible for registration as a Mental Health Nurse in Australia...docs sent to the Adelaide office :biggrin::biggrin:, just need to secure a job now:smile: happy days ahead :laugh:

Hi when requesting uni transcripts do the unis send them to us or direct to a nominated APHRA office? having said that I will be applying to ANMAC and requesting they send info to APHRA, just waiting to sit IELTS. Thanks guys Nicola

Documents sent 2/4/2012 received email 3/5/2012 confirming that my application has been processed and I am eligible for registration as a Mental Health Nurse in Australia...docs sent to the Adelaide office :biggrin::biggrin:, just need to secure a job now:smile: happy days ahead :laugh:

Brilliant Debbie, delighted for you. Good luck with the job search!:biggrin: