2 things which i have found cheaper in OZ....

millers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything apple

petrol

gas

pandora charms

Thats about your lot !

Sorry can't agree with "Anything Apple". The iPad3 is $539 vs £399 and the MacBook Air $1,099 vs £849 so you can certainly say they are cheaper but the iPhone 4S is $799 vs £499 which is actually more expensive. All prices from Apple's own websites today.

Sorry can't agree with "Anything Apple". The iPad3 is $539 vs £399 and the MacBook Air $1,099 vs £849 so you can certainly say they are cheaper but the iPhone 4S is $799 vs £499 which is actually more expensive. All prices from Apple's own websites today.

Todays forex rate is 1.54. This makes the following

ipad £350

macbook air £713

Apple tv $109 uk £99. So £70

Cheaper !

After spending some time in Brisbane and comparing my shopping bill with Johndoe,and going shopping with him I now realise just how expensive Darwin is for everything .Even Sydney is cheaper than up here.

However,I have no intentions of moving for a while.I just love the lifestyle and our combined earnings more than cover our living expenses.

David Attenborough whispered voice

Each night, at the stroke of midnight, the air across the plains of Western Australia is filled with the rumble of yet more houses collapsing as they reach their 17 year expiry date. Like an elephant graveyard, and a bit similar to what Logan's Run predicted many years ago, all good things must come to an end. Plus, the building game needs a good shove in the right direction. Oh, and the sausages are crap.

I have just burst out laughing!!! :biggrin:Brilliant!!!! The kids should just be finished school then...jobs at the ready for their generation!!!!

Thickness ain't everything. Boeing and Airbus do a pretty good job with about 50mm of insulation.

My walls in UK are 13inches thick...this is part of our new extension so are very well insulated...the rest of the house is nearly 100 years old so I suspect the walls will be thicker. My Aussie brother in law is a builder andis coming over to UK for Easter. He can never get over the quality of building over here. Even our new builds which personally I think are dreadful.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
100 show homes on your holidays.....crikey bet you're a barrell of laughs

Why do you always have to not be nice, I'm usually not nice back to people when they are horrible, but I think your own Acidic nasty comment is enough embarrassment for you, I don't need to say anything.

My walls in UK are 13inches thick...this is part of our new extension so are very well insulated...the rest of the house is nearly 100 years old so I suspect the walls will be thicker. My Aussie brother in law is a builder andis coming over to UK for Easter. He can never get over the quality of building over here. Even our new builds which personally I think are dreadful.

I never understand if one is very happy with their lot that they have to find fault with other people's lot. I personally could think of nothing worse than living in an old house no matter how nice it had been refurbished but that is me I like to live in the present, not the past, or the future and I feel that unless we have the present, there will be no new architecture for different eras. There are good builders and bad builders I mean in the Uk they have a programme about bad builders, so not every house is wonderful in Aus or UK. Its what we call "buyer beware" and we have to make sure we know what we are buying wherever we live.

I think you secretly want to come back to Aus. :laugh:

Guest Rampent Ron
than the UK are petrol and car insurance.....!!! anyone else found anything else cheaper out here ???? im really struggling to find anything else !!!! at least the sunshine is free here in Queensland !!! lol

Electrical items & the women lol

Guest famousfive

Very little in it when compared to ireland....pool admission and taxi fares are the ones that come to mind.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

ipad £350

macbook air £713

Cheaper !

Using the exchange rate as a guide of costs, means also that average wages are paid at about 40% more in Australia compared to the UK, its all about disposable income.

On Sundays had to only pay $3 for an all day ticket Belgrave to central Melbourne that was in 2008

Free parking at Belgrave train station.:smile:

Guess the price has gone up by now.

I am not aware of any city in the U.K that you can park your car and travel the same distance

for that amount of money.

The Train fares are more expensive in perth than melbourne but there is Free parking at Clarkson Train Station North of Perth.

ipad £350

macbook air £713

Cheaper !

At 1.54 the $799 for an iPhone 4S is still £518 vs £499 in the UK. You need the rate to get to 1.61 before you can claim everything Apple is cheaper.

The Train fares are more expensive in perth than melbourne but there is Free parking at Clarkson Train Station North of Perth.

No, it isn't free, costs $2 a day weekdays (if you lucky enough to find a space after 8 a.m.) and is only free on the weekends.

I only know 1 car park, the massive one. Used to park there to commute but now drive. Parked there today (first time in ages) to get the train to the zoo and it's still free. There are no facilities to pay so it wasn't just today.

Note, just thought, I know where you mean. Yes, this one is on the left. I've never been in the one on the right. The one on the left has always been free.

• 2 weeks later...
After spending some time in Brisbane and comparing my shopping bill with Johndoe,and going shopping with him I now realise just how expensive Darwin is for everything .Even Sydney is cheaper than up here.

However,I have no intentions of moving for a while.I just love the lifestyle and our combined earnings more than cover our living expenses.

Yeah, but we live on beans on toast and scrambled eggs..................and that's on the good days. My house is ready to fall down in 10 yrs apparently so visit soon.

Archived