Best & Worst Experiences

Candygirl

After looking at all the lovely photos on the other thread, got me thinking about my best and worst times down under.

Best - helicopter ride over Heart Reef

Worst - having to spend 2 days in hospital in Katherine, NT

What are you best and worst experiences?

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh I would love to fly over heart reef, was it expensive? Where did you fly from?

Ok back to your question

Best thing - Moving to Cairns

Worst thing - Well there are 2, hospitals and relatives visiting for 3 months at a time

Oh I would love to fly over heart reef, was it expensive? Where did you fly from?

Ok back to your question

Best thing - Moving to Cairns

Worst thing - Well there are 2, hospitals and relatives visiting for 3 months at a time

Relatives visiting for 3 months at a time. Mine are already planning their trips over, I said we are not there yet - give us a chance LOL!!!!

Flight over Heart Reef. We organised it whilst onboard Reef World. We caught a catamaran from Airlie Beach. I cannot remember it being too expensive. It is one of those things that you have to do. It was my first and last time in a helicopter, it was an amazing experience and worth every penny.

When we returned to Oz with my parents a few years ago we went on a catamaran from P Douglas to one of the platforms on Agincourt Reef and my dad did his helicopter flight from there. Cost $148 for 10 minutes. It was with Quicksilver from Port Douglas, booked from the marina in Cairns.

I am pretty sure that you can do a helicopter flight over the reef without going to one of the platforms.

Guest The Pom Queen
Swimming with dolphins on the beach where i live.

Doing a desert survival course for work and being stuck in the outback for 3 days without water.

My son would love that, the survival course :yes:

Best...Lotsa things, probably being present at the birth of my son...

Worst, stepping on a croc's tail in the Keep River, Northern Territory while barra fishing.

Or, having going on 3 years in and out of hospital.

Cheers, Bobj.

Best thing, seeing my two gorgeous nieces! More specifically the 8 year old in her dancing show, bought a tear to my eye

Worst thing, leaving my nieces to go back to airport, they were so sad and cried and were just clinging on to me for dear life, jeez I'm a wuss it's making me tear up again now ??

Standing on "the bluff" in Victor Harbor S.A,a place we only knew from photos on the internet,to finally stand there looking out at the ocean had the ferret in tears of happiness,dead cute to see,made me well up seeing how happy she was tbh:laugh:

Worst? i dont know(fess up time!),only validated the visa on a 3 week trip,.....pubs shutting while the footy was on??? cant think of much else wrong,but VERY limited experience as i say

Close second to best thing? the aussies themselves,superb with us in the short time we were there,no doubt i'l meet idiots if/when we move there,but can only go on "up to now" and they were aces :notworthy:

Best ...... too many but probably sitting on a boat after diving on the barrier reef watching dolphins play in the bow wave.

Worst.... don't know maybe not seeing a snake in the wild, for some strange reason I wanted to.

Second best was meeting my mates boss who said "I'd give you a job" and eventually its happening.

Best ...... too many but probably sitting on a boat after diving on the barrier reef watching dolphins play in the bow wave.

Worst.... don't know maybe not seeing a snake in the wild, for some strange reason I wanted to.

Second best was meeting my bosses mate who said "I'd give you a job" and eventually its happening.

In the absence of a like button.......'like' :0)

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Personal things in life like relatives passing away are the worst, the best my kids being born and me filming the second ceasarian birth of my beautiful daughter.

Best memories related to Australia, swimming in the open air pools in Brisbane, and boogie board surfing at surfers paradise and meeting up with Kevin, John Doe and his family, what a top bloke. Swimming in the sea at Cottesloe and Scarbrough beach in Perth and going up to kings park and seeing the views of the swan river and city, incredible. Also meeting Al aka sh7 tman and his lovely wife.

The worst personal experience which was when I was arrested for going out and confronting some teenage thugs who had been bullying and beating my kids up for months and the police arrested me, left me in the cells to sweat, finger printed me and took my DNA like the cons I look after, they grilled me at interview and sent the file to the CPS and 3 months later it was dropped, I thought I can't even protect my kids.

Standing on "the bluff" in Victor Harbor S.A,a place we only knew from photos on the internet,to finally stand there looking out at the ocean had the ferret in tears of happiness,dead cute to see,made me well up seeing how happy she was tbh:laugh:

Ah yes, The Bluff :cute:

IMG_1322_sm.jpg

IMG_1322_sm.jpg

worst experience was being caught wee a lass by ma grunnie:embarrassed:still get flash backs:angel_happy_face_ha

And what about your poor grunnie eh? :err: :unsure:

Best experience so far ..... landing in Brisbane yesterday very early in the morning, and then the brilliant domestic flight to the Town that I now call ´home´. That feels really, really strange :wubclub: and then sampling some of this almost as soon as I had landed. gb%20wet%20375ml%20with%20btbb%20aug10.jpg:cool: I have a feeling that I will need to look for the diet version of this drink, otherwise I will need to see the dentist :Randy-git:

Second best experience, my OH took me hat shopping and bought me on of these silly hat´s, actually the hat isn´t silly it is me that looks silly in the hat :biglaugh:

17-2-200x140p.jpg

Worst experience so far ....... eating my OH´s cooking last night :biglaugh:

Aw love this thread!!

Best: Swimming in the ocean in Old Bar and a pod of dolphins swimming straight past me, i couldnt believe it. It was actually magical.

Worst: Taking off 3 layers of clothing and putting them down on the table only to see a MASSIVE huntsman run out of them, arrghh!!

Best : got 2 for you, whale watching off gold coast and meeting some truely wonderful Australians!

Worst : gee, that's tricky. Working from home can be lonely but that's due to circumstances not a fault of Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so no smilies and just assume I 'like' your post unless I say otherwise as there's no 'like' button for me to click on!

Best down under, having a foster kid who ran away to find her parents, return 18 months later saying she now knew who her "real' parents were and would I be her dad? She has since presented me with two lovely grandkids

fest10011.jpg

Worst.............when she ran away.

Best in the UK.....................marrying my gorgeous wife

registrysteps.jpg

Worst...............falling in here in the middle of January, knowing that my nearest dry clothes were 6 miles away, and the race back to get into 'em. Yes, I had spare dry clothes with me.............they're under the waterfalll along with my rucksack

Afterfallingin.jpg

Guest guest17301

Best experience in Oz.....quite a few, too many to choose but heres one or 2!

The very early days....standing outside Perth airport at 2am in the summer having just landed never set foot in Oz before and feeling thrilled....walking into the city for the first time to go to immigration and get our passports stamped...feeling exhilarated and loving it!!

A cruise down the beautiful Swan River, sat at the back of the ferry and saw dolphins playing

in the water

First time in Margaret River......amazing place

Buying our first home

Worst...

Family and friends illnesses, Father in law having major heart surgery shortly after leaving us for the 1st time

Sister in law major cancer scare,

Best friend facing a cancer diagnosis,

Babies born in our absence

No bad experineces as such in Perth though to be honest, we've been very fortunate and blessed to come here.

Guest scottiedog

The best being in Byron Bay for last light/first light of 99/00 most easterly point of oz!

The worst leaving oz Darwin in 2ooo swearing i would see the shores again.:biggrin:

Change the post best of best going back with pr two kiddies and a wife 12 year later:biggrin:

Bring it on!

Archived