What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Perthbum

Hope you all stayed safe last night, they are saying the winds reached 165mph

It doesn't look like the wind turbines were doing their job:

article-2071633-0F1BD7FB00000578-830_964x262.jpg

My inlaws stay about 1/2 mile from that turbine that exploded, the heard a big explosion but ddn't realise what it was until they seen the news

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just plodding along quite happily in work when i looked out the window to find a blizzard that wasn't there 2 minutes before! We've had a wee bit of everything this week. I think the scottish weatherman is bipolar. Show me the sun!!

I love it when wee sean batty gives us a big cheesy grin after hes told us how rubbish the weather will be, think he does it to wind me up! lol. dave got sent home cos of the blizzard up in the hills at his work, thats him been sent home all week! bloody weather. i still think we should of tried that umberella idea out!

Guest Deboroo2

Family & I are due to emigrate end of December to Perth, so packing at the mo! Do I pack winter costs & boots inreadiness for the Aussie winter?

Guest Guest31881

Perth can get chilly in the winter, I do not live there but I believe temperatures of 5 or 6 in the evenings would not be uncommon. Once you have spent 12 months in Australia you will find that it can feel cool once the temperature drops below 20, so I would definatly bring warmer clothing for the winter.

Guest Guest31881
Grey sky and thankfully a bit cooler - for the sake of the homebrew that is!

Yes its the same up here at Burrum Heads today, cooler and Grey sky... My wife is driving back from Brisbane today so this is better weather for the drive home :cute:

Yes its the same up here at Burrum Heads today, cooler and Grey sky... My wife is driving back from Brisbane today so this is better weather for the drive home :cute:

Sometimes I prefer the cloudy weather as I can't walk much in the sun! Yesterday I set out to walk from Chermside to Nundah, about 4km. It was great at first, cool and breezy. Then the sun came out and there was nowhere to hide! I was very sweaty on arrival at Nundah and had to sit in the shade a while to recover :o(

Hopefully it'll stay grey as I want another walk today! Then it can be sunny when I have nowhere to go :o)

I'll not moan though, can't imagine the homebrew even working if we were still in Scotland. Wrap up warm Stacey!

Guest The Pom Queen

It's wonderful, 25 degrees and raining, yes I know that sounds double dutch but we really needed the rain to cool things down.

Family & I are due to emigrate end of December to Perth, so packing at the mo! Do I pack winter costs & boots inreadiness for the Aussie winter?

I wouldn't bother with more than one winter coat each and a couple of jumpers. I have worn my winter coat maybe 5 times in 20 years, twice was in the middle of winter to take my son to see the eagles game (Aussie rules football).

Throw your boots away unless they are a fashion accessory.

I wouldn't bother with more than one winter coat each and a couple of jumpers. I have worn my winter coat maybe 5 times in 20 years, twice was in the middle of winter to take my son to see the eagles game (Aussie rules football).

Throw your boots away unless they are a fashion accessory.

Why am I not surprised :laugh:

Perth can get bloody freezing and I would advise you to bring your winter gear.

Nice to see what members are experiencing.

Brum today.

Is 18c but seems warmer, nice and sunny with broken cloud, pity I am working :mad: would love to be playing golf.

west midlands ......20th december ......very mild for the time of year .....no white christmas.....at 8pm ,its a stunning 6c .....that will do me ......

Guest Guest 47403
im actually quite disapointed that it wont be a white xmas, a little sprinkling of snow would of been nice. thank god the ice is gone now tho

You should know by now Stace you can't rely on the great british weather, get the white stuff when you don't want it and nowhere to be seen when you'd like a bit.

When your sitting stuffed on Xmas night after eating and drinking too much, inlaws are driving you crazy and the kids have had a bought 3 fights thinking the other one got more than him for Xmas then it will feel like Xmas. Oh the joys, cant wait:wacko:

Why am I not surprised :laugh:

Perth can get bloody freezing and I would advise you to bring your winter gear.

Last time I checked "freezing" is 0 degrees C. How many times does Perth get down to that in a year? None judging by this link.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/perthstats.html

The coldest part of the day is very early morning too, when the sun is just about to come up. Most people will still be tucked up in bed then.

Archived