What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Perthbum

Heres our weather for tomorrow... so when your complaining about 20oc or if your out sunbathing with a drink please take a minute and think about poor me lol..

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for tomorrow afternoon which includes the South Lanarkshire area.

The red warning advises that there are likely to be strong winds of 75-80 miles per hour with gusts of up to 90mph.

Strathclyde Police advise that conditions for travel between 3pm and 6pm are likely to be poor and you should expect significant delays. The weather could result in all main road bridges being closed and there may be disruption to power supplies. They are also preparing for blown over trees and vehicles.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heres our weather for tomorrow... so when your complaining about 20oc or if your out sunbathing with a drink please take a minute and think about poor me lol..

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for tomorrow afternoon which includes the South Lanarkshire area.

The red warning advises that there are likely to be strong winds of 75-80 miles per hour with gusts of up to 90mph.

Strathclyde Police advise that conditions for travel between 3pm and 6pm are likely to be poor and you should expect significant delays. The weather could result in all main road bridges being closed and there may be disruption to power supplies. They are also preparing for blown over trees and vehicles.

Not a time to wear a kilt eh Stacey :wink:

Not a time to wear a kilt eh Stacey :wink:

Lol me in a kilt, eurgh what a sight! but no definitely not a day to wear a kilt if a guy was getting married! :laugh: I think i'll just be hibernating for the day untill its over. weathers been awful all week so far, daves not even had one day at work

Guest VickyMel
i would do anything for 20's right now lol. its just all this ice and snow i cant cope with, with the rain i just shove a jacket on and umberella but im so clumsy and me and ice dont go well together!!

Out in the car yesterday and the temp guage said 33C - outside in a T-shirt until 8:30 pm when the sun started going down.

Guest The Pom Queen

Well stay safe:hug:

damn i wrote a message and then it didnt post.

Im actually a bit worried about it all, can just imagine it being like the film "day after tomorrow" I've warned my wee granny not to go out or she'll be blown away! some of the schools have been told to close already and some of the train services have been cut.

Hopefully it'll be okay!

Guest The Pom Queen
damn i wrote a message and then it didnt post.

Im actually a bit worried about it all, can just imagine it being like the film "day after tomorrow" I've warned my wee granny not to go out or she'll be blown away! some of the schools have been told to close already and some of the train services have been cut.

Hopefully it'll be okay!

When I was in Melbourne we use to get weather warnings like that a lot of the time and it never happened so fingers crossed this is the same for you. Last year was the worst when we were sat here waiting for Yasi the Cat 5 Cyclone to hit, that is the only time I have been frightened.

When I was in Melbourne we use to get weather warnings like that a lot of the time and it never happened so fingers crossed this is the same for you. Last year was the worst when we were sat here waiting for Yasi the Cat 5 Cyclone to hit, that is the only time I have been frightened.

I would be crapping my pants, we had really strong winds a few weeks ago and someone died. This time it is a red warning which is obv the worst kind so im still a bit worried but hopefully it wont come to anything too bad. Daves been off work all week cos of the weather, they make him drive there and then send him home, so stupid. hopefully he'll be back home before it starts

Guest The Pom Queen
I would be crapping my pants, we had really strong winds a few weeks ago and someone died. This time it is a red warning which is obv the worst kind so im still a bit worried but hopefully it wont come to anything too bad. Daves been off work all week cos of the weather, they make him drive there and then send him home, so stupid. hopefully he'll be back home before it starts

Well keep us updated:hug:

Guest VickyMel

Stay safe Stacey

I hate the noise from really strong winds I find it very aggressive - if they are expected 3-6pm - maybe get home early and keep warm.

:wideeyed: I got here just after winter and so have missed the worst of it this year. I'm sure I will be a true complaining POM when winter hits Melbourne.

Guest The Pom Queen
Stay safe Stacey

I hate the noise from really strong winds I find it very aggressive - if they are expected 3-6pm - maybe get home early and keep warm.

:wideeyed: I got here just after winter and so have missed the worst of it this year. I'm sure I will be a true complaining POM when winter hits Melbourne.

I believe summer has finally hit:wubclub:

Stay safe Stacey

im not working anymore so im planning on hibernating inside untill its over lol. going to make sure the dogs are walked etc and then settle in. im even more worried about it now because i was on twitter reading about it and someone said "everybodys getting worked up over nothing" and one of the weather people tweeted " perhaps you ought to look at what happened in the "great storm of glasgow", strong winds shouldnt be taken lightly" :sad: Just have to see how it goes, stay safe all scottish members x

im not working anymore so im planning on hibernating inside untill its over lol. going to make sure the dogs are walked etc and then settle in. im even more worried about it now because i was on twitter reading about it and someone said "everybodys getting worked up over nothing" and one of the weather people tweeted " perhaps you ought to look at what happened in the "great storm of glasgow", strong winds shouldnt be taken lightly" :sad: Just have to see how it goes, stay safe all scottish members x

Power may well go out so make sure you are prepared. Good luck ! :radar:

Power may well go out so make sure you are prepared. Good luck ! :radar:

Yep im expecting a powercut so having my PIO time the now lol. Had the dog out for his walk so hes okay for the now and hopefully it'll calm down later. Daves out working in it, i havent really heard much from him but he says they arent getting sent home (yet) his work are complete idiots, they've sent them all home all week cos of a bit of snow and then they make them work up a remote hill with no shelter for miles when theres going to be a huge storm! Hopefully he'll be sent home. It might come to nothing but think its going to be a bad one!

Guest The Pom Queen
Yep im expecting a powercut so having my PIO time the now lol. Had the dog out for his walk so hes okay for the now and hopefully it'll calm down later. Daves out working in it, i havent really heard much from him but he says they arent getting sent home (yet) his work are complete idiots, they've sent them all home all week cos of a bit of snow and then they make them work up a remote hill with no shelter for miles when theres going to be a huge storm! Hopefully he'll be sent home. It might come to nothing but think its going to be a bad one!

Glad you are safe, I remember when Yasi came I was more bothered about losing the power and not getting on PIO lol:laugh:

Did they shut the schools? Can you go out?

some schools are shut completely and the others are open till 12 and then shut but i doubt many would even go in anyway, buses and HGV have been advised not to travel within the peak, train services have been disrupted and they're going to be slowing the speed of the train. But polling stations for voters are open which made me laugh and we've been told to put our bins out for collection :goofy::laugh: a friend from irvine told me theres been a trampoline blown onto her road on the street lol Its not so bad here yet but its meant to start properly at 12

Archived