What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Perthbum

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally some hot weather here today, my son was working inside a roof today, and he nearly expired ! We have had so much rain lately, a good thing as all the dams are filled up so the water restrictions have eased - yes folks the 4 minute showers are finally over.:jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen
:laugh: thats me lol, im shattered, didnt sleep well. Just want dave to go home now!

I'm sure they will send him, has the wind picked up yet?

Guest The Pom Queen
Yeah its pretty windy and the skys went all dark but i think we'll have a hour or two before it starts properly. im hoping it doesnt come to much and they've made a mistake lol. I wouldnt fancy being on a bridge today! and the ferrys are cancelled i think

Well keep away from the windows, make sure everything outside is fastened down even plant pots etc. Keep us updated.

Guest The Pom Queen
good idea i didnt even think of doing that because its a communal garden for the flats, ill go check and see if theres anything that needs brought in. dave just rang and said the sites been closed, so glad!!

That's great news that they have sent him home, I bet you wish you could snuggle down together until it passes

Looks like it is going to fierce in Scotland with Force 9-11 gales forecast. Stay safe everyone in the Central belt.:wubclub:

Yeah its pretty windy and the skys went all dark but i think we'll have a hour or two before it starts properly. im hoping it doesnt come to much and they've made a mistake lol. I wouldnt fancy being on a bridge today! and the ferrys are cancelled i think

That's great news that they have sent him home, I bet you wish you could snuggle down together until it passes

im not even going to see him, hes just going straight home to his mums and im at my mums, was going to go up later on but just going to stay in. Going to start looking at flats together again since doesnt seem to be much happening on the emmigration front! we've barely saved much since we moved back with parents so its been a bit of a waste of time lol.

Update - proper winds started and hail/rain, i dont think my windows can take it :frown:

theres been a recorded gust of 102mph at the trossachs and 107 at Ben nevis. glad i dont live there!

DITTO!!! all schools been closed since first thing phew!!! :smile: just thinking do we head out :nah: or just stay in a nice cosy house :unsure: it is pretty scary tbh :eek:

DITTO!!! all schools been closed since first thing phew!!! :smile: just thinking do we head out :nah: or just stay in a nice cosy house :unsure: it is pretty scary tbh :eek:

STAY IN!! dont go out unless you really need to, dont fancy being on the forth road bridge today lol :confused:

STAY IN!! dont go out unless you really need to, dont fancy being on the forth road bridge today lol :confused:

The weather is changing every minute :wacko: sun trying to sneak a peak, strong winds and rain then calm for a second or two. Feel like going out with the kids and doing that thing with your jackets where you are walking towards the wind and it is forcing you back :laugh: not sure what it's called but it used to fun in the school playground :biglaugh:

I should stay in but feel like heading out for 1/2 hour, decisions decisions!!!! again this Scottish weather has ruined my plans!!!

are you going out in the car or walking? you'll probably be okay, its forecast to get really bad at 12pm. lets hope sean batty and the met office has made a mistake lol.

yeah i know what you mean about the jackets lol i used to do that at primary school. good day for flying a kite! it keeps changing here too, one min its raining, then it turned to a sort of hail and now the skys went kinda blue but its still windy

a bit of both tbh, think will head out pretty soon before the predicted 12pm gale force winds.

Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do and hope people everywhere are safe :yes:

This is what Gourock looks like at the minute....

http://inverclydenow.com/images/stories/storm081211in2.jpg

http://inverclydenow.com/images/stories/storm081211in1.jpg

:sad: scary stuff!

im too scared to go out n take pics lol but ill see if i can put some up if i find any online later on, apparently theres a trampoline thats flew onto Balieston road and i heard a busstop got ripped out the ground but im not sure if thats true! doesnt sound too unbelieveable tho! thats the really big winds started here now

im too scared to go out n take pics lol but ill see if i can put some up if i find any online later on, apparently theres a trampoline thats flew onto Balieston road and i heard a busstop got ripped out the ground but im not sure if thats true! doesnt sound too unbelieveable tho! thats the really big winds started here now

Me too, i copied and pasted these from the Inverclyde Now website from the safety of my livingroom couch :laugh:

I could believe that Stacey, its getting more and more wild out there. The opening scene of the Wizard of Oz springs to mind! :eek:

lol yeah lots of people on twitter have been saying its like wizard of oz and saying "theres nae place like hame " LOL! its starting to get bad here, i see that Strathclyde are advising people not to travel on the roads at all, dont think too many people will listen to that though, i know a lot of homecarers that are still out and about, just hope they drive safely

Archived