BritChick and Pommypauls Travels

BritChickx

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely scenery, but um, I'm not too sure about that weather!?! I thought you were meant to be in Oz - after the weather here the last couple of days, where is the sunshine! :chatterbox: (Although I guess, it is Victoria, but the picture of those people on the beach - completely rugged up! And its not winter surely anymore there?! Argh - I feel I'm being tricked with this 'its nice weather over there, nice and warm/hot all the time.....NOOOOOOoooooooo! :biglaugh: )

Maybe they're just keeping the nice weather in storage until we get there? Yes, that must be it :biggrin:

Haha well the sun was out on the Sunday when we did everything but the helicopter ride (we did that monday morning and there was a bit of haze in the atmosphere) but it was the windiest day EVER!!! The wind comes straight from the arctic so was a pretty chilly day aswell! I got whiplash from my hair lol.

oh and the 'It's always sunny and warm' line is sooo not true, I've experienced more colder weather than warm lol. (when I say cold, I mean under 20c lol).

we met on here about a year ago, chatted through pm's then became facebook buddies, then started calling each other on the phone and finally we met up in Perth when stacy landed here.... we've been living and travelling together ever since :D

so thats why Stacy never came to see me and have a curry ......congrats and well done to both of you ............carry on enjoying ,.........

oh and the 'It's always sunny and warm' line is sooo not true, I've experienced more colder weather than warm lol. (when I say cold, I mean under 20c lol).

LOL - ya see, I think cold is under 5 degrees, so it shouldn't be too bad - but I'm still sticking my fingers in my ears and going lalalalalalala - it will always be at least 22 degrees and sunny and warm everyday in our Oz lives :twitcy:

Hi BritChicx and Pommypaul,

Just had a wee read of your posts and a look at your pictures it looks like your having a ball.

Thank you for sharing your experience and pictures

Thanks enjoy the rest of your travels x

Thanks everyone for the comments/thanks/reads.

Since monday we have been staying on the Great Ocean Road, in Lorne, and have been wwoofing. It was due to last until next week but Paul has just been offered a job on a cotton and rice farm in Leeton, NSW, and there are some hours for me too :) so off we go! Should be finishing our last day here tomorrow and then exploring Melbourne for a few days before heading to the new job :) about time cos I'm getting poor!

well weve just finished our 2nd wwoofing job, this one was at a place called Lorne on the surf coast section of the great ocean road in vic, we were supposed to do seven days but got offered paid work up in nsw and had to cut it short at just 4 days.

they basically rented holiday homes and had a small non commercial orchard and our jobs were gardening and helping with abit of cleaning of the holiday homes... reminded me how much i hate weeding lol!

anyhows heres a few piccies cause we know you love them :P

IMG01851-20111021-1130.jpg

allenvale

IMG01845-20111021-1128.jpg

our little shack :)

IMG01850-20111021-1130.jpg

IMG01833-20111018-0904.jpg

the property

IMG01844-20111021-1128.jpg

stacy about to drop a barrow full of weeds :P

IMG01834-20111018-1037.jpg

scary scorpion!

OMG HELP!!!!!!

After leaving Lorne we spent a day in Melbourne, then headed to Leeton NSW yesterday where we are now, Paul has an irrigator job on a cotton and rice farm and I'm just helping him really. But f**k!!! SNAKEEEESSS!!! lol. Haven't seen any yet but am constantly on edge and only going out in the grass with wellies on lol. They're all deadly ones aswell so if I'm bitten I'm a gonner...GULP. Lol it's not that bad but there is meant to be a lot of snakes about. Today we were shown around by a guy who's leaving, we'll be overtaking his job when he leaves this week and we'll be on our own! The boss works away a lot so plenty of unsupervised work which should be interesting! Will update with melbourne when I have the energy, been up since 5.30 lol. Night night!!!

Guest The Pom Queen
OMG HELP!!!!!!

After leaving Lorne we spent a day in Melbourne, then headed to Leeton NSW yesterday where we are now, Paul has an irrigator job on a cotton and rice farm and I'm just helping him really. But f**k!!! SNAKEEEESSS!!! lol. Haven't seen any yet but am constantly on edge and only going out in the grass with wellies on lol. They're all deadly ones aswell so if I'm bitten I'm a gonner...GULP. Lol it's not that bad but there is meant to be a lot of snakes about. Today we were shown around by a guy who's leaving, we'll be overtaking his job when he leaves this week and we'll be on our own! The boss works away a lot so plenty of unsupervised work which should be interesting! Will update with melbourne when I have the energy, been up since 5.30 lol. Night night!!!

I wondered where you had gone, don't worry about the snakes they can only bite you once:tongue:

Seriously wear gloves, long pants etc

I wondered where you had gone, don't worry about the snakes they can only bite you once:tongue:

Seriously wear gloves, long pants etc

But when they bite me once I'll DIE :shocked:

I'm proper ****ting myself lol. Definately feel out of place a bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it once we're settled in. Lol long pants I was in three quarter lengths and a sleeveless top lol.

A good reason Not to sit on PIO all night !!

First snake bite death in WA since 1998 by: Nicolas Perpitch The Australian,December 02, 2010 12:00AM

A 43-YEAR-OLD man has died less than two hours after being bitten on the toe by a snake while sitting at his home computer.

Police believe it was a 30cm juvenile Tiger snake, which would be the first death of its kind in Western Australia since 1998. Michael Thorpe was at home in Gingin, 80km north of Perth, with his six-year-old daughter on Friday night when he was bitten at about 9pm. Police said he wrapped a towel around his foot and leg and called a friend, who arrived within minutes. The friend found the snake and killed it, but Mr Thorpe's toe had by then become swollen and blue and he started having difficulty breathing. An ambulance was called but police said by the time it had finished the 35-minute drive to Joondalup Health Campus Mr Thorpe was unconscious. He was declared dead at 10.52pm. Gingin Police Sergeant Scott Gillis warned that any delay in calling an ambulance was dangerous. "That allowed the venom to spread more, that he didn't seek medical attention straight away." Geoff Isbister, a toxicologist and head of the Australian Snakebite Project at the Menzies School of Health Research, said the most important thing to do after a snakebite was to immediately administer CPR. "In terms of preventing deaths in Australia, a lot have occurred because people have collapsed and not received CPR," he said. But when they do, they have often survived."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/first-snake-bite-death-in-wa-since-1998/story-e6frg6nf-1225964140919

Guest The Pom Queen
Why bother, they will just bite through it. Rather spend some money on life insurance!!:wink:

Lol, seriously though you can get snake proof gloves:biggrin:

Archived