One year back in Blighty

Dawny

Wow where did this past year go, Gone by so quickly, can't believe we have been back in Bournemouth a year! Not much has happened since i last updated you, House now on the market, all quiet as it's the long school holidays, so we wait patiently for that :wacko: Kid's are very settled and happy in their schools, and doing really well, We waved good bye to infant school which was sad day for most, end of an era now the youngest is growing up! Hubby still very busy at work, and still waiting for our eldest daughters hospital appointment for her operation on her spine!

The only change is i have become a bit of a Delia smith in the kitchen, not happy unless i am baking something, not sure if i like that change yet lol, also Hubby and my self have got the dreaded wonder lust, not sure where we would like to travel off to next! :twitcy:Other than that, the uk does still seem very upbeat, The work seems to be out there for anybody who wishes to do it! The summer has been surprising good to us this year, had some lovely weeks, despite what some of the doom gloomer's have reported! Apart from the flash flooding last week and the dismal rain today, Which has kind of spoilt it! Guess you can't have everything all of the time!

Will say ttfn, off to bake something shortly :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest16631

......pleased your enjoying life..............how are your yorkshire pudds !..............hope your daughter hears soon........................found some This England magazines today...........................when clearing out............................had forgotten just how beautiful the country is.................

Sorry Ali, cake is off the menu, No eggs lol, so unable to share what i don't have :biglaugh: May do toffee crispie bars instead though....

Thanks Tink, hopefully should hear very soon about our daughters back, We have had some lovely days out this year, Off to Cornwall at the weekend, haven't been for years, but really looking forward to it! Rain or shine :cute:

Guest sh7t man no way

i remember when you went back home dawny--where has that year gone--you seemed settled,and happy with your lot--im pleased for you--we to have had great weather in gloucester since march--me gardens looking luverly:wubclub: nice to here some positive things about the uk,rather than the usual stuff--well done in making it a good year

Wow where did this past year go, Gone by so quickly, can't believe we have been back in Bournemouth a year! Not much has happened since i last updated you, House now on the market, all quiet as it's the long school holidays, so we wait patiently for that :wacko: Kid's are very settled and happy in their schools, and doing really well, We waved good bye to infant school which was sad day for most, end of an era now the youngest is growing up! Hubby still very busy at work, and still waiting for our eldest daughters hospital appointment for her operation on her spine!

The only change is i have become a bit of a Delia smith in the kitchen, not happy unless i am baking something, not sure if i like that change yet lol, also Hubby and my self have got the dreaded wonder lust, not sure where we would like to travel off to next! :twitcy:Other than that, the uk does still seem very upbeat, The work seems to be out there for anybody who wishes to do it! The summer has been surprising good to us this year, had some lovely weeks, despite what some of the doom gloomer's have reported! Apart from the flash flooding last week and the dismal rain today, Which has kind of spoilt it! Guess you can't have everything all of the time!

Congrats Dawny,glad your still enjoying it all,baking eh mrs bunloaf:biggrin:,really hope you get some news on your girls op very soon,and long may you keep enjoying being home:wubclub:

Oh btw,on the highlighted,maybe in Bournemouth,not up here:no::wink:

Hi Dawny

I have followed most of your posts and am glad a year on you are all settled and enjoying the summer. Brilliant sunshine today where we live so kids playing out in it I have been requested their favourite tea so I'm cooking too.

My daughter had a big operation on her spine early last year and she is doing great now. We are awaiting a referral too as we want to be under the care of her previous surgeon. Hope you hear something soon.

Emma

Yes dawn saw the flash floods on sky news ......travel Disneyland Paris with gold crest by coach 5 days ( 4 nights 4 star hotel - 2 day hopper ticket - ......about £319 - worth it - just a thought

Nice to see someone else who thinks it has not been a bad summer :cute: you live in a beautiful part of the UK.

Summer, did i blink!!, I have seen more sun in 1 month, we have just done our reccie in Australia and loved every min of it, I think Dawny has a plan, she may return to oz in time to come!!! lol

Summer, did i blink!!, I have seen more sun in 1 month, we have just done our reccie in Australia and loved every min of it, I think Dawny has a plan, she may return to oz in time to come!!! lol

Me! Plan! ..... Never honest :biglaugh:, but i can honestly say here in Bournemouth we have not had that many rubbish days! Kids have been out and about almost everyday, Even the day we had flooding, as it was still very warm outside :wubclub: Nothing better than knee deep in water, making mud pies :biggrin:

Hi Dawny

I have followed most of your posts and am glad a year on you are all settled and enjoying the summer. Brilliant sunshine today where we live so kids playing out in it I have been requested their favourite tea so I'm cooking too.

My daughter had a big operation on her spine early last year and she is doing great now. We are awaiting a referral too as we want to be under the care of her previous surgeon. Hope you hear something soon.

Emma

Aww thanks Emma, pleased to hear you have also had a good summer!

We hope to hear of my daughters opp no later than January, She is patiently waiting her turn on the waiting list, Again!!!! Fingers crossed it doesn't get put back again, as her age now is a bit of a worry (25)years and her spine has already fused at the bottom, and is causing a great deal of pain!

So pleased to hear your daughter is doing well after her operation xx

Me! Plan! ..... Never honest :biglaugh:, but i can honestly say here in Bournemouth we have not had that many rubbish days! Kids have been out and about almost everyday, Even the day we had flooding, as it was still very warm outside :wubclub: Nothing better than knee deep in water, making mud pies :biggrin:

Some people must live under a constant dark cloud :biglaugh: it has been a decent summer in Brum also with some great weeks of sunny warm weather plus some rain...it is the UK though and that is our weather love it or not.

that is sooo great to hear Dawny. I have to say, we have heard a few grumbles about this summer & the last 3 yrs apparently but to be honest, we have quite enjoyed the last few weeks. It is nice to be able to be out & about without getting burnt to a crisp or having to stay inside for most of the day, because of the heat or nowhere suitable inside to go!! I am sure the winter will be a new experience, tho' my oldest was disappointed to hear that we didn't have snow on returning to UK, like on Charlie and lola! :)

that is sooo great to hear Dawny. I have to say, we have heard a few grumbles about this summer & the last 3 yrs apparently but to be honest, we have quite enjoyed the last few weeks. It is nice to be able to be out & about without getting burnt to a crisp or having to stay inside for most of the day, because of the heat or nowhere suitable inside to go!! I am sure the winter will be a new experience, tho' my oldest was disappointed to hear that we didn't have snow on returning to UK, like on Charlie and lola! :)

Tell the lad to dust down his sledge, they say we are in for another cold snowy winter, the kids actually play outside more when the snow is on the ground than when it is sunny :biglaugh:

Archived