New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

We have a grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It came through on 31st May (much quicker than we had been expecting) and we have to validate by May 9th. We will be leaving home in February via Thailand for a family holiday and wedding. There is so much to do and I have no idea where to start.

EKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK WE HAVE A VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many congratulations perfectmax!!! Best wishes for your new life down under!!!!!!

Hey guys, I think somebody has already asked for this before but I don't think it was ever answered, but does anybody have a useful checklist of what needs to be done to get yourself to Oz, with timelines, once you have been granted your visa? I know I have tons of stuff to do but I could do with a checklist to make sure I don't miss anything......

Thanks in advance!!

Congrats to all those who have been granted their visa's recently.

After having a case officer assigned last week spent last week rushing around trying to arrange everything before the bank holiday weekend. Well medicals have been done today, police checks sent away (Just waiting for them to be returned). Now just got to keep fingers crossed and wait and see. Hopefully get a lovely email sometime in the near future .

Can anyone advise me. In the email I received my case officer only asked for meds and pcc. I am wondering if they will they ask for anything else such as Form 80 or any other form of evidence or is this likely to be it?

Congrats to all those who have been granted their visa's recently. After having a case officer assigned last week spent last week rushing around trying to arrange everything before the bank holiday weekend. Well medicals have been done today, police checks sent away (Just waiting for them to be returned). Now just got to keep fingers crossed and wait and see. Hopefully get a lovely email sometime in the near future . Can anyone advise me. In the email I received my case officer only asked for meds and pcc. I am wondering if they will they ask for anything else such as Form 80 or any other form of evidence or is this likely to be it?
They would have asked for Form 80 before or at same time as medicals and police checks. Usually all your paper work will be fine as meds and PCC are the last things to be requested. We also only got asked for meds and pcc, we got grant day after last PCC was uploaded.

Just got the email assigning us with a Case Officer! Wahoo! I was not expecting it to move this fast! Forgot to add a few qualification certs (whoops!) but they are also asking for evidence of employment.

Do you think the comment below implies that they will not class him as a Carpenter until he completed his apprenticeship? He has been doing chippy work since for 9 years but just didn't get the qualification straight away......

"Detailed work references showing the date that you were employed as a Carpenter and had completed your apprenticeship."

I attached work references from his current Australian employer (where he has been employed for 1 year) and his previous UK employer (where he was employed for 8 years). Both of these references show dates, job title and duties; they are on headed paper and signed by the Owners of both companies. I also attached copies payslips and tax forms. If they want more what additional evidence could I give? I don't think we have anything else?!

Also if I scan original copies in colour do they still need to be certified??

DBB

Edited by mj&db

Guest irisheyesaresmiling
Just got the email assigning us with a Case Officer! Wahoo! I was not expecting it to move this fast! Forgot to add a few qualification certs (whoops!) but they are also asking for evidence of employment.

Do you think the comment below implies that they will not class him as a Carpenter until he completed his apprenticeship? He has been doing chippy work since for 9 years but just didn't get the qualification straight away......

"Detailed work references showing the date that you were employed as a Carpenter and had completed your apprenticeship."

I attached work references from his current Australian employer (where he has been employed for 1 year) and his previous UK employer (where he was employed for 8 years). Both of these references show dates, job title and duties; they are on headed paper and signed by the Owners of both companies. I also attached copies payslips and tax forms. If they want more what additional evidence could I give? I don't think we have anything else?!

Also if I scan original copies in colour do they still need to be certified??

DBB

MJ&DB just on the scanned copies follow this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm. scanned uncertified copies in colour are fine. Not sure on when your OH experience will kick in.

From my point of view i dont think any of my undergrad experience i would have would qualify me. But it could be different for trades.

Congrats on geting CO tho!

Edited by irisheyesaresmiling

Guest irisheyesaresmiling

Ninetynine/SMShoiab/DayNnite/RNH- Just wondering have any of you had any update on a CO . I find myself rooting for the guys above me on the list so it will soon be my turn!!. Just thought you might not have updated your status's recently. If so please do let eveyone further own the list sleep a little better. The speed of CO apointment these days seem lightning fast. How are you guys holding up??:wacko:

MJ&DB just on the scanned copies follow this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm. scanned uncertified copies in colour are fine. Not sure on when your OH experience will kick in.

From my point of view i dont think any of my undergrad experience i would have would qualify me. But it could be different for trades.

Congrats on geting CO tho!

Oh yeah I totally agree that for tradies it is different.....so many don't have any recognised qualifications...just experience. He just decided after a 6-yrs that it would be good to get it recognised! Hopefully I am just reading in to it because if this is the case he will only be seen as having 3-yrs experience as a "qualified" carpenter!?!?!

Ninetynine/SMShoiab/DayNnite/RNH- Just wondering have any of you had any update on a CO . I find myself rooting for the guys above me on the list so it will soon be my turn!!. Just thought you might not have updated your status's recently. If so please do let eveyone further own the list sleep a little better. The speed of CO apointment these days seem lightning fast. How are you guys holding up??:wacko:

I was assigned a case officer since around May 28th. No update from her, as i am still uploading all of the required documents. So far have submitted all of the required documents except police clearance for USA, which i just requested friday 8th of June. Since the FBI takes up to 8wks to get back to people on that, my guess is i have at least another 2mths wait before i get the visa. Was it not for this wait, i would probably get it next week. Ahh well..... that's life.

yes, there is an update...

NO CO assigned yet :(

We had a few celebratory drinks over the bank holiday :goofy:

:wink:

Just waiting for it all to sink in. Hubby is very determined to get everything sorted now. I'm keeping a bottle of champagne ready for when we can finally say "we're off"

wish we could do the same :cry:

congrats to all those who got their visa grants this week... technically, that includes me as well :D

now keeping fingers crossed for bloomberg.... i just might pay DIAC a personal visit on your behalf Bloom... this is getting ridiculous!!!

oh please do visit them.. I'm starting to think they completely forgot about us.. :mad:

It's been a while... hope everyone is getting on well. A wee update from me - in the last day or two, I've submitted form 80, police check and I'm just back from the medical, which seemed to go well (I'm diabetic so expecting it to be referred anyway). Onto the waiting room now...

Thanks Oppy! Hope you managed to get through at the counter with no trouble. Our CO told me the same today, no need to get evidence stamp unless you need this for travelling to certain countries. 457 cancelled already as PR has been activated. Will feel great to go through kingsford :)

Ok, update...

Went to the DIAC office in Parramatta on friday to get the visa evidenced... from the time when i parked my car outside to the time i got back to my car... 15mins!!!!!!! too easy. its all done now... next step, citizenship... that should be a fun ride as well. lol

Have a safe trip back @ Rachter

oh please do visit them.. I'm starting to think they completely forgot about us.. :mad:

@Bloomberg: have you emailed or called DIAC to ask them "What the hell are you guys doing with my application?" that might trigger things. it could be a complete oversight. i think you have done enough waiting in my opinion.

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]12/06/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Though not in your group but following up you all from 2009.

Seems CO and happy to share with you all :laugh: