Back in Scotland

gilliantay

Well, we have finally arrived 'home' and boy, does it feel good.

I feel a sort of peace in myself if that makes sense!

It has been hectic though - just like when we moved over to Oz and were running round like mad trying to organise everything.

I do not regret my time in Australia rather, I am grateful for the opportunity to have experienced working there.

Now it is time to get on with my life and enjoy what this country has to offer.

Good luck to all who are just starting out on the journey and to those who have successfully obtained their visas.

Hi. Welcome home! I have been following your recent threads, and am glad things are working out as you had hoped. I’m sure it has been a bit of a struggle as moving house is supposed to be one of the most stressful things you can do, so moving Continents a couple of times is bound to increase the stress levels.

Good luck with whatever path you decide to follow now……just try to avoid that highly contagious ailment if you can – Pingpongitus!!:biggrin:

Guest tandcmum

*waves from down the road*

glad your trip home has gone well and you are happy and settled back in Scotland. xx

It has been hectic though - just like when we moved over to Oz and were running round like mad trying to organise everything.

I do not regret my time in Australia rather, I am grateful for the opportunity to have experienced working there.

Good luck to all who are just starting out on the journey and to those who have successfully obtained their visas.

Just wanted to say all the best with your next chapter. I too have been following your thread and its lovely to hear that your back and have those feelings, but also great that you understand whats brought you to that point (hope that makes sense) anyway good luck with it all, please keep us updated every so often - its good to hear how things are going.:rolleyes:

I've been keeping track of your posts too. Glad the move went well. I am heading back to bonnie Scotland for 7 weeks shortly, so that will kind of cement my decision about moving back next year. I look forward to hearing more from you about how you are settling in.

Kirsty :)

Glad to read that life's ticking along for you guys. Very jealous too mind you. I soooooooo want to be back 'home' but will take us about 18 months before we can get to bonnie Dundee!

Good luck x

Welcome home - enjoy the long evenings!

Had forgotten how I could still be sitting in the garden at 10 o'clock at night and it was still quite light............................most enjoyable................well, apart from the rain, but it always rains in Scotland.

Glad to read that life's ticking along for you guys. Very jealous too mind you. I soooooooo want to be back 'home' but will take us about 18 months before we can get to bonnie Dundee!

Good luck x

Shopping trip planned for Dundee this week........................

Keep your chin up, it will not be long until you are back......................

Shopping trip planned for Dundee this week........................

Keep your chin up, it will not be long until you are back......................

Oooooo enjoy. Trying to stay postive and make the most of our time left in Oz. It's been a good place to stay but it's not forever - for us anyway. I just wanna be home xxx

Hi Gill,

Wishing you all the best for the future, looks like our trip back in August is still going to be a holiday, just come off the phone to my Dad (lives just outside Edinburgh) and he is still preaching the Doom and Gloom of Scotland, however I am hoping when we come back for a month in August OH may change his mind with a view to returning in the near future, either that or I may change mind about returning???:nah:

Wishing you all the best!

So jealous wish it was us, just hope the next 18 months flys by!!! Our family back hope have been preaching the doom and gloom, but they dont live here (not that there is anything wrong with it here, just not for us!).

All the best and look forward to reading the updates (wishing I could enjoy the longer evenings!!!)

Archived