176 lodged June 2011 Gang

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest canadiantooz

I am lodging my 176 app. today. I have one quick questions:

Under family members, I have put my child as migrating dependent. Do I need to put my parents / brothers / sisters under non migrating dependents? please help.

Thanks

Under family members, I have put my child as migrating dependent. Do I need to put my parents / brothers / sisters under non migrating dependents? please help.

Thanks

They should go under the bit for "Other Family Members"

Unless of course they are all actually dependent on you then they would go there.

Wendy

Thanks

Only if they are dependant on you financially. If they are all self sufficient you don't need to mention them.

Just your partner and child I guess are your dependants.

Well done to both your kids!:smile: Hope they had good weather for it, it's been absolutely horrible here so I've made a start on clearing out all the crap in the house, it may take a while :biglaugh:

Hope your German :policeman: doesn't take too long. How long did uk ones take to come back?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :hug:

Wendy x

Hi Wendy,

yes we were lucky it didnt start to rain untill the min we walked in the door how close was that :err:.

We sent both pc off on the 03/06/11 had a phone call on the 10th from acro wanted some more info , sent back i rang them to see if that info was ok and lady said our application was still getting processed but we would receive it on the 20th but got it today so well happy :biglaugh:.

God im not looking forward to clearing our crap doom and doom i know im going to have to be hard on meself and get rid lol

susan x :biggrin:

Hi all,

We got our police checks back today now for the medicals.

Fantastic news lexylou well chuffed for you we also got ours today :biggrin:

susan x :wubclub:

Welcome aboard Sandy. We were racing against the July deadline too, it's such a relief when you make it isn't it?

Wendy

Thank you for the warming welcome!

Yes you are right, it is a absolout great feeling! We celebrated the start of our family adventure this evening with our kids! We are all excited. How will it be if we get the visa?:laugh:This must be amazing!!!

So, good luck to you all guys and finger crossed for a quick process for everybody!!!

Cheers

Sandy

Hi all,

So pleased to say I lodged my 176 visa this week after waiting 16 weeks for my skills assessment to be approved by the ANMAC, and now it has been hooray!:biggrin: Was so worried we wouldn't make July 1st deadline. All documents uploaded, now just need to wait for my skills assessment in the post then I can add that too! Such a good feeling.

Quick question though, now that I've lodged my application, do I need to book medicals/police checks, or wait for CO to ask me to do it??

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Can we join your gang please! We have finally lodged our 176 and I feel like singing from the rooftops but family and friends don't seem to understand.

I normally stay in the background on here and just read but really want to share it with you all, we are all in it together after all.

xx

Hi all,

So pleased to say I lodged my 176 visa this week after waiting 16 weeks for my skills assessment to be approved by the ANMAC, and now it has been hooray!:biggrin: Was so worried we wouldn't make July 1st deadline. All documents uploaded, now just need to wait for my skills assessment in the post then I can add that too! Such a good feeling.

Quick question though, now that I've lodged my application, do I need to book medicals/police checks, or wait for CO to ask me to do it??

Thanks

Hi and welcome :smile:

You can book them now or wait for a CO. Depends how soon you plan on being in Oz really though as when you get your visa you'll have a year from the date of whichever one you get done first to validate it.

Hi Guys,

Can we join your gang please! We have finally lodged our 176 and I feel like singing from the rooftops but family and friends don't seem to understand.

I normally stay in the background on here and just read but really want to share it with you all, we are all in it together after all.

xx

Welcome to the gang! It is great being able to share this epic journey with people who understand exactly what you're going through.

I take it your family and friends aren't pleased you're going then? We have only told 3 people so far, my best mate, hubby's best mate and his boss but none of our families know yet.

It's your life, your dream, so sing, dance and party all weekend if you want, we'll all join you :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Great news Susan, that golden ticket is almost upon us x

Yes you are so right that ticket is not so far away :cute:

Hi all,

Thanks

Fantastic news jenpen87 and made it before the deadline congrats and welcome to the june gang, we keep each other going on this thread and its great to see where eveybody is , each day it can change .. :jiggy:

susan :cute:

Welcome to the gang! It is great being able to share this epic journey with people who understand exactly what you're going through.

I take it your family and friends aren't pleased you're going then? We have only told 3 people so far, my best mate, hubby's best mate and his boss but none of our families know yet.

It's your life, your dream, so sing, dance and party all weekend if you want, we'll all join you :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

couldnt agree more party all night i guess were the opposite most of a family know of our plans really sad about it , especially the kids nanny she will be heart broken , but they all fully support us .but i guess as the time would get closer it must be so hard to leave thm behind, as a forces family we are quite used to it and all the moving etc but i guess we all know why we are doing it :clown-wink:

susan x

Thanks for the friendly welcome, yes it is nice to share with others who understand, you kind of feel like you can't speak about it sometimes. We've told most people, we've never kept it a secret because its been a dream for so many years. I just haven't told my Mum yet, probably because she is the closest person to me and also because she is very close to our 3 year old. I keep putting it off. Sometimes i wish we had emigrated years ago before we had Sam, the strain wouldn't have been so bad then.

Do you have a big family to tell, are you close to them? Well I've nearly polished off a bottle of vino, so I'm doing ok for a saturday night in!

couldnt agree more party all night i guess were the opposite most of a family know of our plans really sad about it , especially the kids nanny she will be heart broken , but they all fully support us .but i guess as the time would get closer it must be so hard to leave thm behind, as a forces family we are quite used to it and all the moving etc but i guess we all know why we are doing it :clown-wink:

susan x

We kept it quiet because we didn't know when we started all this if we were going to make it before the july deadline and because we've got little ones I didn't want to tell them until we knew we were actually going. We have talked about Oz with them and they've seen pictures etc so it's not a completely alien concept to them we just haven't said "we're going to live in Australia" yet but that time is fast approaching! We're off to stay with the inlaws in July so will tell them and the rest of the family then face to face :eek: Then I just have to wait for the day when I can shout it from the rooftops for the world to know :biggrin::jiggy:

We kept it quiet because we didn't know when we started all this if we were going to make it before the july deadline and because we've got little ones I didn't want to tell them until we knew we were actually going. We have talked about Oz with them and they've seen pictures etc so it's not a completely alien concept to them we just haven't said "we're going to live in Australia" yet but that time is fast approaching! We're off to stay with the inlaws in July so will tell them and the rest of the family then face to face :eek: Then I just have to wait for the day when I can shout it from the rooftops for the world to know :biggrin::jiggy:

i can well understand why you kept quiet but good luck with the inlaws and i hope they are supportive of your familys decision, i have a step mum who to be honest we dont sem to talk about it to her alot as i dont think she believes we will go :unsure:, and she will be all alone as my dad has passed away so that will be hard to face for me :cry:.

susan x

Thanks for the friendly welcome, yes it is nice to share with others who understand, you kind of feel like you can't speak about it sometimes. We've told most people, we've never kept it a secret because its been a dream for so many years. I just haven't told my Mum yet, probably because she is the closest person to me and also because she is very close to our 3 year old. I keep putting it off. Sometimes i wish we had emigrated years ago before we had Sam, the strain wouldn't have been so bad then.

Do you have a big family to tell, are you close to them? Well I've nearly polished off a bottle of vino, so I'm doing ok for a saturday night in!

I've got a brother and a sister. My brother is 250 miles away but my sister is in the same village and although I'm close to them both I know they'll both understand. We spent 7 years down in the channel islands so used to being away to an extent. The hardest is going to be telling hubby's mum and dad. They are 700 miles away so we only physically see them 2 or 3 times a year but they are so close to the kids, they call & skype all the time which we will still do anyway but it's a fair bit longer for them to come on their hols and MIL isn't a keen flyer! That said, I know they will understand why we are doing it but at the same time I understand they will be sad and upset too :sad:

Anyway, time to think happy thoughts :smile: enjoy the rest of your vino :jiggy:

Wendy

i can well understand why you kept quiet but good luck with the inlaws and i hope they are supportive of your familys decision, i have a step mum who to be honest we dont sem to talk about it to her alot as i dont think she believes we will go :unsure:, and she will be all alone as my dad has passed away so that will be hard to face for me :cry:.

susan x

:hug:

Archived