Best Time of year to move back to UK

sunni1234

I am hoping to return in August so we won't be hit by the cold weather for a couple of months. Also, I imagine the closer you get to Christmas the less chance you would be able to find work.

Very true about work, not many leave their jobs in the run-up or just after xmas.

Hi Sunni, I think October would be nice. Infact I reckon, anytime between March-December is good, for weather & Bonfire Night/Christmas etc. All those fab traditions we take for granted. Probably wouldn't opt for January/February. However, having just come out of the hottest summers on record in Perth, (endless days of 40c+) give me a cold,wet miserable January day, any day!! ha! ha!

Guest MSTO
Hi there,

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the best time of the year to move back to Blighty. Our target is October.

sunni :wubclub:

Hi Sunni

We came back June which I personally thought was ideal. I must admit though October is a lovely time of year...and Christmas fantastic!

Good luck with your move back

I'd just feel it was one very long winter as you'd be in spring in Aus having just come out of winter. Although I guess it depends on how 'wintery' it is where you are in Aus.

Personally I'd always try to go back for a spring or late winter to avoid the shocks to the system. Also things like jobs, housing market and so on tend to pick up then.

Hi there,

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the best time of the year to move back to Blighty. Our target is October.

sunni :wubclub:

Other than the obvious with schools starting (for the people with kids) and work opps possibly drying up around Christmas time. I would say that anytime...anytime at all!

March or April would probably be the ideal time for me.

Have one last knees-up with the Australian summer, then onto the UK Spring Summer.

Saves winter for a bit later on. As much as I love the crisp cold of Winter, I wouldnt necessarily want 12 months of it.

Hi Sunni, I think October would be nice. Infact I reckon, anytime between March-December is good, for weather & Bonfire Night/Christmas etc. All those fab traditions we take for granted. Probably wouldn't opt for January/February. However, having just come out of the hottest summers on record in Perth, (endless days of 40c+) give me a cold,wet miserable January day, any day!! ha! ha!

Traditions of Xmas, Halloween, Easter just seem to have passed me by during my time here. I never realised how much I enjoyed them before.

I always loved the Autumn back home. The colours and yes Halloween and Bonfire night too. October is a lovely month. I would be looking to get home around August though to be settled ready for start of school year.

I think April May is a great time to get back. October will still be nice but November could be tough.

In all honesty I think as long as you stear clear of January and Febuary you should be fine.

John

Guest Guest37175
I think April May is a great time to get back. October will still be nice but November could be tough.

In all honesty I think as long as you stear clear of January and Febuary you should be fine.

John

Hiya John, good to see you back on PIO mate :smile:

Guest danicalele

October may be the best time because of the climate and the coming next festival atmosphere.

• 3 years later...

We are moving back in Feb but if I was able, I'd choose September or March. September so we could get back and enjoy a few weeks of sunshine before the crisp Autumn days (and also so we'd have plenty of time to find a rental and a school before the application cut-off in January!) And March because I love British Springtime and it's would be lovely to be there as the weather gets warmer and all the flowers are out etc.

Archived