What The...Is Happening In The UK???

Bobj

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yet some idiot gets locked up for burning the koran???????? I see he had a load of other potential crimes, but was charged and sentanced before the other crime information was released. This **** is the same prick that wanted to drive coffins through wotton bassett in protest to the children being murdered by btitish military. What a tosser, if he feels so strong about i will pay for his flight ticket to afghan, see how much he protests then.....he doesnt deserve to breath the air in britian, let alone walk the streets. I really hope he has an accident or slow painful death.... Strong and possibly offensive but i hate twats like this thing with a passion.

ah, the joys of immigration and multiculturalism with no attempt made to integrate into the host country, especially when that nation is soft and unpunishing.

Try something like this in the middle east and see how far it gets you.

Take relegion out of the equation and the world instantly becomes a better place.

By way of explanation...I saw the first item as a news item on Qld tv and while checking it out on google, I came across the second item.

Must say that I am absolutely disgusted with the ''comments'' made by these so-called British subjects.

Another news item a few minutes later was about a very large group of villagers in an Afghan town proceeding to throw stones at some Australian soldiers because the Afghans wrongly believed that some Aussies burned a copy of the Koran...

As Exile says, "Try something like this in the middle east and see how far it gets you."

And we are called racists and bigots...

Cheers, Bobj.

You do have to take anything in the daily mail with a pinch of salt. They can get carried away.

It bleedingly obvious that the wedding and the olympics are terrorist threats, from muslim extermists and the real IRA. The mail harping on about this is just trying to sell papers.

I was pleased they prosecuted the poppy burners. I would have thought treason, but public order will do. At least the police have a remit to arrest these people if they do it again. I'm all for free speech, but this is just not on. There are limits to our hospitality.

sadly its not just a daily mail story, every new channel covered both this story and the english defense league. However, all of this stinks of double standards, we are insulted, racially abused in our own country, yet the second anything is said in response that individual finds themself, with a record and locked up. If its free speech then it is free speech, not dependant upon your skin colour or religous following. Or te opposite, if protesting is classed as racial hatred, then so be it, but the UK needs to be consistant.

sadly its not just a daily mail story, every new channel covered both this story and the english defense league. However, all of this stinks of double standards, we are insulted, racially abused in our own country, yet the second anything is said in response that individual finds themself, with a record and locked up. If its free speech then it is free speech, not dependant upon your skin colour or religous following. Or te opposite, if protesting is classed as racial hatred, then so be it, but the UK needs to be consistant.

Well said, mate.icon14.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I'm afraid Britian isn't our country anymore. The "white mice", the Government, give these wacko's a platform. We do not have custodians with backbone anymore because they are frightened of being deemed racist and anyone that speaks out and challenges them is deemed such.

I'm afraid these muslim extremists can do what they like because we are a democracy yet we do anything to offend them then we are made an example of.

Think it is going to come to bloodshed myself before something gets done and the "white mice" sit up and take notice and if it's the Royals that get hit, and not Joe Bloggs little people, then you can bet your bottom dollar it will.

Personally I would have all these hate clerics deported but they have rights apparently.

I went to my sons school Anzac Day service on Monday. It was amazing the respect shown to the forces here far outways anything I have seen in the UK. Also raising the National Flag to the sound of the National Anthem, and hundreds of kids observing the minutes silence had me in tears. I FELT a sense of national pride even though I am not Australian it was hard not to. I have never experienced that in the UK because everyone is made to feel that national pride is wrong.

Guest chris955

I cant say I have ever felt having national pride is wrong, it just isn't much lower key.

Are you saying you never experienced kids observing a minutes silence in the UK ?

Guest guest36762

reading some of these posts you could easily get the impression that the UK is being taken over by miltant Islamic clerics and that Sharia law is being drafted into the constitution.

I was in England last year, and looked pretty much the same as I remembered..

I cant say I have ever felt having national pride is wrong, it just isn't much lower key.

Are you saying you never experienced kids observing a minutes silence in the UK ?

Well my son tells me that they did do a two minute silence at his school in England, but I wouldnt know as we, as parents werent invited. Also there was no national anthem singing ever and no flag hoisting, as you say all low key and nothing to stand tall and feel proud about, which is a shame because if there were more of it starting from such a young age then the kids from other ethnic backgrounds might just feel the same sense of national pride about the country they are living in that my son is experiencing here.:wubclub:

Guest chris955

I must admit I am left wondering if it is indeed the same country I was in late last year. I have heard of the same kind of minority issues everywhere but it equally doesnt affect my day to day life. Can you imagine what life would actually be like if the Daily Mail was accurate ? :biggrin:

reading some of these posts you could easily get the impression that the UK is being taken over by miltant Islamic clerics and that Sharia law is being drafted into the constitution.

I was in England last year, and looked pretty much the same as I remembered..

Can you imagine what life would actually be like if the Daily Mail was accurate ? :biggrin:

This.

Good god, this.

I dont know what more worrying: The piss poor shoddy journalism in "media" outlets such as The Daily Mail or News.com.au, or the fact that people still actually subscribe/read/believe this **** unquestioningly.

Guest chris955

But where else would you find such a consistent source of negativity ? :wink:

I dont know what more worrying: The piss poor shoddy journalism in "media" outlets such as The Daily Mail or News.com.au, or the fact that people still actually subscribe/read/believe this **** unquestioningly.

How come when there’s bad news in the UK press it’s sensationalism. Yet when there’s bad news in the Aussie press it’s on here in 2 minutes as proof that either the economy or the housing market are going to collapse? Weird that.

As a UK citizen up to 3 years ago, I could quite clearly see that the UK of today is not the UK as was 20 or more years ago, and never will be again. I’m sure there are pockets of the UK that remain largely unaffected but, if you live or work anywhere near a Metropolitan City, its make-up is vastly different these days and has been engineered to be that way. As time goes on, laws, customs and ways of life will have to adapt to match that; it’s inevitable, like it or not.

One problem as I see it is, by and large, Brits have become so lazy and so full of apathy that the Govt isn’t really compelled to help them. Take the poppy burning for instance, where was the mass display of outrage at such a disgusting act of disrespect? On internet forums mainly, I suspect. Whereas, when anyone does anything that could offend a minority group, they let everyone know about it, on the street, and in numbers. So, who do you think the Govt think that they need to appease more? Obvious, and UK Govt’s have been pandering to minority justice for a while now.

It’s got to the point where I don’t think most Brits are outraged at stuff like that anymore. They don’t like petrol going up in price but it’s ok if some loonies take the pi$$ out of their heritage and the sacrifice of their Fathers & Grandfathers. To object properly would be way too much effort. Mind you, if you do say anything, you’re at worst “racist”, at best, “a Daily Mail reader”. Thanks for that loony-left legacy Bliar.

The poppy burning incident would not happen here, because it would be dealt with, not glossed over. And people know that. Whether you like the Aussie way of life or hate it, as an immigrant, you have the choice to live it, or leave. Let’s see where the British way of life is in another 25 years.

Guest guest36762
How come when there’s bad news in the UK press it’s sensationalism. Yet when there’s bad news in the Aussie press it’s on here in 2 minutes as proof that either the economy or the housing market are going to collapse? Weird that.

As a UK citizen up to 3 years ago, I could quite clearly see that the UK of today is not the UK as was 20 or more years ago, and never will be again. I’m sure there are pockets of the UK that remain largely unaffected but, if you live or work anywhere near a Metropolitan City, its make-up is vastly different these days and has been engineered to be that way. As time goes on, laws, customs and ways of life will have to adapt to match that; it’s inevitable, like it or not.

One problem as I see it is, by and large, Brits have become so lazy and so full of apathy that the Govt isn’t really compelled to help them. Take the poppy burning for instance, where was the mass display of outrage at such a disgusting act of disrespect? On internet forums mainly, I suspect. Whereas, when anyone does anything that could offend a minority group, they let everyone know about it, on the street, and in numbers. So, who do you think the Govt think that they need to appease more? Obvious, and UK Govt’s have been pandering to minority justice for a while now.

It’s got to the point where I don’t think most Brits are outraged at stuff like that anymore. They don’t like petrol going up in price but it’s ok if some loonies take the pi$$ out of their heritage and the sacrifice of their Fathers & Grandfathers. To object properly would be way too much effort. Mind you, if you do say anything, you’re at worst “racist”, at best, “a Daily Mail reader”. Thanks for that loony-left legacy Bliar.

The poppy burning incident would not happen here, because it would be dealt with, not glossed over. And people know that. Whether you like the Aussie way of life or hate it, as an immigrant, you have the choice to live it, or leave. Let’s see where the British way of life is in another 25 years.

sorry mate but what a load of bulldust

I'm sure you'll find loads of people on here who think you're talking absolute sense, but IMO you're referring to a Britain I don't recognise. It's strange how 2 people can look at the same thing and interpret it in opposite ways. You see the hijacking of British culture and tradition, I see a continuation of multiculturalism. People have been migrating to Britain for centuries, the culture evolves with it, just like it has in Australia. And I don't believe the poppy burners would be handled any differently here.

I agree that Blair has a lot to answer for, firstly by invading Afghanistan, then invading Iraq, thereby massively ramping up tension between the right wing and muslim community in Britain.

Guest chris955

I couldn't agree more. Is the UK supposed to just stop moving for 20 years ? Anyone who has lived here for the last 20 odd years will also see how it has changed massively. So Brits are lazy and full of apathy, do we see Aussies protesting in the streets about rising fuel prices ? Anyone who honestly thinks that the Australian government doesn't pander to minorities is naive at best.

I couldn't agree more. Is the UK supposed to just stop moving for 20 years ? Anyone who has lived here for the last 20 odd years will also see how it has changed massively. So Brits are lazy and full of apathy, do we see Aussies protesting in the streets about rising fuel prices ? Anyone who honestly thinks that the Australian government doesn't pander to minorities is naive at best.

For gods sake, why is it that when someone has a moan about the UK someone has to bring up the same old chestnut about how everything in australia is not how would be migrants believe it to be, this drives me completly mad:arghh:, the thread was about the UK so why do people feel the constant need to then turn it into some uk oz thread, its bloody ridiculous:mad:.

Guest guest36762
For gods sake, why is it that when someone has a moan about the UK someone has to bring up the same old chestnut about how everything in australia is not how would be migrants believe it to be, this drives me completly mad:arghh:, the thread was about the UK so why do people feel the constant need to then turn it into some uk oz thread, its bloody ridiculous:mad:.

:biglaugh:take a chill pill Andy:twitcy:

sorry mate but what a load of bulldust

I'm sure you'll find loads of people on here who think you're talking absolute sense, but IMO you're referring to a Britain I don't recognise. It's strange how 2 people can look at the same thing and interpret it in opposite ways. You see the hijacking of British culture and tradition, I see a continuation of multiculturalism. People have been migrating to Britain for centuries, the culture evolves with it, just like it has in Australia. And I don't believe the poppy burners would be handled any differently here.

I agree that Blair has a lot to answer for, firstly by invading Afghanistan, then invading Iraq, thereby massively ramping up tension between the right wing and muslim community in Britain.

So that guy says something you dont agree with and its bulldust or whatever you called it.

Why do you think that you have any idea whats going on here when you live on the other side of the world, you are not surly telling me that a holiday over here then gives you all the insight you need to give a full and frank view of how England is.

Archived