What The...Is Happening In The UK???

Bobj

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 47403
no it didnt, the war with afghan was the war on terror as a direct result of 9/11, this also led to the secod gulf war with Iraq, both post this terrible act in new york. The first gulf war in 91 was as a result of Iraq invading kuwait. Its not a case of remembering, it is fact. Or do you still think it was a direct result that mr blair thought it as a good idea at the time. I stand by their decission and agree with it 100%, i would stand by them again if the same were to happen.

Gaz read my post properly I'm stating that operation enduring freedom (which I took part) in Afganistan was as a direct result of 9/11!

I may well be - care to explain?

I quote you "You have 'had' to send your kids to Catholic schools to make them aware of their heritage.

Britain is still meant to be a Catholic country,"

Is it that hard to understand creeds. Britain is not a RC country as you assume it is

I was brought up to believe he was the Patron saint of England, but was born in Turkey in the 3rd century, and his parents were Christians, and he protested about their persecution. He was beheaded for his beliefs.

That is the real St George of England, the other with the dragon yes fictional!

No refute from Harpodom! Maybe I was right:jiggy:

Guest Revs30

I don't believe this IS a Christian to be honest. A bigger percentage of the country doesn't go to church. I write this being a Christian myself who yes goes to church, yes believes in God etc.

Fed up of people wearing a cross around their neck because they see it as 'fashionable' and also people saying they are christians when they don't go to church and even know Christ!

Grrrrrr, rant over

I don't believe this IS a Christian to be honest. A bigger percentage of the country doesn't go to church. I write this being a Christian myself who yes goes to church, yes believes in God etc.

Fed up of people wearing a cross around their neck because they see it as 'fashionable' and also people saying they are christians when they don't go to church and even know Christ!

Grrrrrr, rant over

you don't have to go to church! Believe in the one above and follow his way. Going to church is good for the fellowship agree, but not essential.

Guest Revs30
you don't have to go to church! Believe in the one above and follow his way. Going to church is good for the fellowship agree, but not essential.

I agree you dont HAVE to go to Church but I do to get some teaching, worship, other people's view points on certain things from the bible etc thats all i was trying to say.

Sorry if I offended anyone

Grrrrrr, rant over

Do you know christ then?:shocked:

anyway good luck to you and your beliefs, personally i could not give a stuff about religion as imo it has caused nothing but grief all over the world.

Guest Revs30

anyway good luck to you and your beliefs, personally i could not give a stuff about religion as imo it has caused nothing but grief all over the world.

Fair play mate, not here to try and ram it down throats, each to their an all that

Guest NeilEB

I'll disagree with you on that one.

Religion hasn't cuased issues.

People's use of religion to justify wars, and people's unwilling to see any other point of view causes the trouble,

Guest Revs30

Anyway, the point i was saying was that to send kids to a Catholic school just because the parents want to inform them about the heritage of the UK being a Christian country is just strange imo

I'll disagree with you on that one.

Religion hasn't cuased issues.

People's use of religion to justify wars, and people's unwilling to see any other point of view causes the trouble,

Listen to me mate, religion has caused all the trouble and i will not have anything said to the contrary:mad:

:biggrin::laugh:

Guest NeilEB
Anyway, the point i was saying was that to send kids to a Catholic school just because the parents want to inform them about the heritage of the UK being a Christian country is just strange imo

Yep me too.

Whether its Catholic, Christian, CofE, or something else, I hope we can agree that the UK used to be a Christian country? Forgive me if I have some of the creeds wrong, I have already stated I'm not a Christian.

But this is the country that used to:

Celebrate Christmas - now becoming more and more the Winter festival

Not allow shopping on the sabbath Sundays - not any more, most shops are open

Shut down on Easter Sunday and Good Friday - not any more, lots are now open

Allow all other religions freedom to worship how they like - this still happens, and I'm proud of that, but now feel for some reason we are so terrified of insulting other religions we are diluting our own heritage.

Guest Revs30
Listen to me mate, religion has caused all the trouble and i will not have anything said to the contrary:mad:

Well i totally disagree, come and get me :biggrin: lol

Guest NeilEB

Typical Atheist Fundamentalist!

:biglaugh:

Guest NeilEB
Men - religion - millions of deaths. simples.

Could say the same about money.

Or land

Or possessions

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try, no hell below us, above us only sky.......

Basically if we change everything about what makes us human, we'll live in peace.

Simples!

Now, how did we get here from people threatening to blow up the wedding?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Could say the same about money.

Or land

Or possessions

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try, no hell below us, above us only sky.......

Basically if we change everything about what makes us human, we'll live in peace.

Simples!

Now, how did we get here from people threatening to blow up the wedding?

Men - religion - millions of deaths. simples.:wink:

I was watching some of this documentary the other night

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/civilization-is-the-west-history

Annoying presenter, but he said less than 2% of UK population regularly attend protestant churches. And there are 40 million protestants in China. USA has a high growth of churches and people who attend. The west has exported its protestant work ethic to the east!

As for the folklore of no Easter/Xmas etc. it is just that, folklore. Winterfest for example was Birmingham city council advertising to get people shopping - not a denial of Xmas itself.

My kids' schools both had a vicar to do Easter assemblies. As for 'spring festival' - never heard of it!

Shopping on Sundays - that's capitalism, and that's down to the government.

We always have a St George's day celebration in our town, and I'm sure it's not the only one.

Don't blame others for the lack of religious values in this country - go into your community and make it happen.

Guest chris955

I really cant believe that because of a couple of isolated cases of Easter or Christmas celebrations being banned by some loony left council it gets translated into the whole country not being able to celebrate these things. I cant believe who naive some people are. Many places have St George's Day celebrations.

As for the folklore of no Easter/Xmas etc. it is just that, folklore. Winterfest for example was Birmingham city council advertising to get people shopping - not a denial of Xmas itself.

My kids' schools both had a vicar to do Easter assemblies. As for 'spring festival' - never heard of it!

We always have a St George's day celebration in our town, and I'm sure it's not the only one.

Don't blame others for the lack of religious values in this country - go into your community and make it happen.

Guest NeilEB

Sorry it's not folklore, absolutley not.

I live in London (well just outside) - some areas are devoid of xmas celebreations in case it offends.

I have not heard of any street parties for the Royal Wedding, and I have NEVER been or seen a St George's day celebration. Yet on St Patrick's day, everyone makes a fuss - how odd is that (although I suspect that some people will celebrate anything if it means drinking).

You still haven't answered my question about seeing flags outside football tournaments.

When was the last time children proudly salute the flag? Never?

We are not a patriotic nation, haven't been for many a year now

Archived