GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

can anyone send me the no to contact DIAC?

I tried to call on +611300364613 but getting response that no is not valid.

Rex

Hi rex123,

I just made a test call to the following number using Skype +611300364613 it worked and I was able to access the service. I believe you should use Skype for the phone call. Also, it will be cheaper because you will be on hold for a very long time. So, you better use Skype mate.

Good luck.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My paper based application for Independent GSM visa (175) was just recieved by the Adelaide Skills Processing Center on 26th May 2011.

I am wondering how long time should I wait for their Acknowledgment Reciept and does any person have an idea about the timeline to affect the CO knowing I am from High Risk Country.

Thank in advance.

Regards,

Malcom

My paper based application for Independent GSM visa (175) was just recieved by the Adelaide Skills Processing Center on 26th May 2011.

I am wondering how long time should I wait for their Acknowledgment Reciept and does any person have an idea about the timeline to affect the CO knowing I am from High Risk Country.

Thank in advance.

Regards,

Malcom

Hi Malcom, welcome mate. Most of people in this thread received acknowledgement from DIAC within 3 to 5 weeks. DIAC charge your credit card, then you receive the acknowledgement e-mail the same day or the next one.

About the timeframe for having a CO, I believe no one has the answer for this question. the official site says 18 to 24 months for category 3.

For information, you can refer to the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Good luck.

thank you very much for reply Brother :notworthy:

Just one point I remain confused about it: I made payment of application fees viaan international money order from France. So, will the notification email be sent at the same day as the payement is perfomed by DIAC?

thank you in advance.

thank you very much for reply Brother :notworthy:

Just one point I remain confused about it: I made payment of application fees viaan international money order from France. So, will the notification email be sent at the same day as the payement is perfomed by DIAC?

thank you in advance.

Hi Malcom,

Actually, I didn't notice that anyone in this thread has used payment method else than credit card. Also, the fact of receiving the acknowledgement e-mail the same day or the next was observed from the feedback of our companions in this thread. Therefore, I can't give you a certain answer for your question. However, I can share my view.

When payment is settled using a Credit Card, DIAC will not refer to the bank to collect the payment. They simply post the transaction on the specified CC number and receive the payment confirmation immediately. So, DIAC will not have to track whether payment is done successfully. And certainly will not have to contact a 3rd party to confirm transaction(the bank). Therefore, sending the acknowledgement e-mail will be indeed faster in this case.

I strongly believe that DIAC will not be able to send you the acknowledgement e-mail the same day with a money order method. However, I think they will surely seek payment confirmation fast. So, I think they will take a day until they do so, and then put all paperwork in order which I don't know how long it can take. In conclusion, I strongly believe it will not be the same day in your case. Possibly the next day or later. Depends on how long it will take them to arrange paperwork with the finance department of DIAC.

Hope I could be more help for you mate.

Good luck.

Guest seban123

Friends,

I completed my medicals last week and when i checked the courier status I found the destination as 'Sydney'. I thought only referred medicals will be sent to Sydney and the normal ones to Adelaide.

As the application is paper based, is there a way to know if it is referred?

Also what is the normal procedure once it reaches Sydney..

Guest redprimrose
Friends,

I completed my medicals last week and when i checked the courier status I found the destination as 'Sydney'. I thought only referred medicals will be sent to Sydney and the normal ones to Adelaide.

As the application is paper based, is there a way to know if it is referred?

Also what is the normal procedure once it reaches Sydney..

All the medicals are sent to Sydney(HOC). If further check is required, the medicals will be referred to MOC.

You can email HOC to check the status of your medicals.

Our medicals reached Sydney on 27th May. I got a reply from HOC on 2nd June, saying that the medicals were finalised.

Guest seban123
All the medicals are sent to Sydney(HOC). If further check is required, the medicals will be referred to MOC.

You can email HOC to check the status of your medicals.

Our medicals reached Sydney on 27th May. I got a reply from HOC on 2nd June, saying that the medicals were finalised.

Thanks Redprimose.

Does that mean, HOC sends an email when the medicals are finalized by default or only when enquired?

Guest redprimrose
Thanks Redprimose.

Does that mean, HOC sends an email when the medicals are finalized by default or only when enquired?

HOC will not email the status of medicals by default.

I sent emails to HOC and got reply within 24 hours.

Guest seban123
HOC will not email the status of medicals by default.

I sent emails to HOC and got reply within 24 hours.

Thanks mate..

Hi guys and girls.

The CO granted me an extention until 30 July to provide documents. And informed me that she can extend it further if I'll be in need for that. I'm lucky with my CO, she's so cooperative. I'm preparing for a trip going to Russia and issue the PCC. The Russian consulate will take at least 3 months to issue it here in Kuwait. Hope it will finish much faster in Russia.

I obviously will turne to the sleeping mode for a while.

Good luck to all.

Guest JSHAN

Folks,

After my 176 grant 2 weeks ago... I would like to let all my PIO friends regarding the 175 application. I have been granted..Looks like they are just rshing thru the 175 applications now and granting who all are decision ready....all the best guys..

I would now choose 175 over the 176 application....What a waste of 176 money ,but no hard feelings..any grants is a good grant...

Name:JSHAN

Date of Visa application:30/08/2010

Nationality:Indian

High/Low Risk:High

Trade/profession:Accountant(General) / Systms Analyst

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):NA

Post-14th July Category:3

Medicals submitted:No

Police check submitted:Yes

Date CO assigned:16 May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):TBD

Date visa granted: 6th June 2011

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest redprimrose

Congrats,JSHAN

Did you frontload Med&PCC? Were these 2 applications allocated to the same CO?

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi eveyone, I sent a paper application for a 176 .I have a CO and have had my medical done last week, got police checks back tried to upload them and had problems, so am sending them by post with the character assessment forms. My case officer is with team 4 and seems to be quite helpfull. How long do you think it will be before I hear anything. will be sending documents thursday after I have been to the solicitor to certify the police checks...... shirley

Hi eveyone, I sent a paper application for a 176 .I have a CO and have had my medical done last week, got police checks back tried to upload them and had problems, so am sending them by post with the character assessment forms. My case officer is with team 4 and seems to be quite helpfull. How long do you think it will be before I hear anything. will be sending documents thursday after I have been to the solicitor to certify the police checks...... shirley

Hi Shirley, good luck with your final preparations. I advise you to take scans for your documents before you post them. Maybe you'll be able to send them by e-mail and receive a reply from the CO sooner :wink:

About how long it will take the CO until providing a reply, it is extremely variant and can go completely different from application to another. The thing is about some process which CO can send the application for. It is the ASIO. If the CO will require ASIO processing it can take months to reply. Otherwise, everything will go so fast and you may receive a reply the same day.

Wish you the best luck

Guest JSHAN
Congrats,JSHAN

Did you frontload Med&PCC? Were these 2 applications allocated to the same CO?

I had front loaded the same medicals to both 175 and 176 applications.

Different CO's but same team4. The CO gave me an option now to select either 175 or 176 and said that once i get either stamped I need to submit a withdraw application for the one i have not considered i.e 176.

I am considering 176. They said I will get my grant letter when I am on my flight to overseas i.e 2ndJuly.

I got a new date to this time 1st Week of November for my 175. Since I have already booked tickets looking at my 176 tickets thought of going ahead with the current plan.

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest redprimrose

I sent a query email to CO last Thursday, asking whether documents and medicals had been received.

It's been a week but no reply from CO. Is it normal? I guess maybe my CO is on vacation......

Guest Doozclump

We have a CO today, the paper 176 was singed for on the 24 of May so only 3 weeks, PC and Meds now. Not in any hurry so i will string it out a wee while :biggrin:

Guest rex123

Kumar,

Lucky to have file number within 10 days almost all who applied in march/april recieved it after 4 -5 weeks. DID u request orana to sent form 1100?

What is ur application date shown in the email? I submitted my application on april 18th (475 oana ) dont have a CO yet.

Rex

Good luck with your application Kumar.

Congratulations Doozclump for the CO. I advise you to provide the documents sooner and let the wait be after you receive the PR. Some people can wait for 3 months to receive the PR after providing the MEDs and the PCC. So, better to hold the ticket in your hand then decide the time to enjoy the show ;)

Good luck :)

Guest redprimrose
Hi JSHAN

Congrates....

can u share how did u front loaded same medical result for both application...i have same situation...i have done medical for my paper based application that is finalised already...how can i add this to my online application...????...i m waiting for your reply...

I have the same question.

Our medicals result is related to paper-based app. How can I frontload this result for online application?

Archived