GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

Hi,

Ours were booked as ehealth however when we got there (Birmingham) the system was down so we ended up paper :(

All this waiting and sleepless nights is not doing my health any good!

All the best

What a luck! :wacko: Well, it is almost done :cute: my best wishes to you yoyo :wubclub:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mjkwon

Hi All

I have a question about paper and online application.

I have lodged my 885 online application on 10th of June, 2011 but I found important fault. So I have lodged 885 paper application again on 27th of June, 2011 and received an acknowledgement mail from DIAC yesterday. At present, I need to withdraw my online application because I have two applications, online and paper. If I withdraw my online app, is there no problem in my paper app? My two acknowledgement mail for online and paper app are nearly same except TRN, BCC, permission ID. In both mail, client ID is same.

Also, I received only acknowledgement mail and it not different with other people's mail. The tax receipt was not included.

Please give me answer. Thanks.

Guest mjkwon

Oops, it's my mistake last sentence. My ack mail for paper app is different with other's. It is nearly same as Ack mail for online app.

I have a question about paper and online application.

I have lodged my 885 online application on 10th of June, 2011 but I found important fault. So I have lodged 885 paper application again on 27th of June, 2011 and received an acknowledgement mail from DIAC yesterday...

Hello mjkwon,

Feel bad you have paid for the VISA twice. However, I believe you could just apply for a (Change in Circumstances) in order to correct the mistake you’ve made with your online application. This is the form which you could use. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

At present, I need to withdraw my online application because I have two applications, online and paper. If I withdraw my online app, is there no problem in my paper app? My two acknowledgement mail for online and paper app are nearly same except TRN, BCC, permission ID. In both mail, client ID is same.

I have two applications, 175 online and 176 paper based. Both with same client ID. Similarly, you actually have two VISA applications and the Client ID is the same as long the “Passport number and DOB” are the same.

If you withdraw an application, it supposes not to influence any other application you have in process. You actually will refer to a TRN number or a file number when you do so. However, I often notice that DIAC can consider reference to the combination of “Passport Number, DOB and the Subclass” to specify an application (Which are identical in your case for the online and the paper based). For instance, the medical check paper forms don’t ask the applicant to write the TRN or the file number. It only considers the combination of Passport number, DOB and the subclass. Therefore, I believe you have a good reason to be concerned about the impact when you withdraw your online application (Mistakes can happen).

I think the best thing to do mate is to send a Post Lodgment Enquiry describing your situation and asking DIAC about the best steps to take in order to withdraw your online application without influencing your paper based one.

Guest mjkwon
Hello mjkwon,

Feel bad you have paid for the VISA twice. However, I believe you could just apply for a (Change in Circumstances) in order to correct the mistake you’ve made with your online application. This is the form which you could use. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

I have two applications, 175 online and 176 paper based. Both with same client ID. Similarly, you actually have two VISA applications and the Client ID is the same as long the “Passport number and

DOB” are the same.

If you withdraw an application, it supposes not to

influence any other application you have in process. You actually will refer to a TRN number or a file number when you do so. However, I often notice that

DIAC can consider reference to the combination of “Passport Number, DOB and the Subclass” to specify an application (Which are identical in your case for the

online and the paper based). For instance, the medical check paper forms don’t ask the applicant to write the TRN or the file number. It only considers

the combination of Passport number, DOB and the subclass. Therefore, I believe you have a good reason to be concerned about the impact when you

withdraw your online application (Mistakes can happen).

I think the best thing to do mate is to send a Post

Lodgment Enquiry describing your situation and asking DIAC about the best steps to take in order to withdraw your online application without influencing

your paper based one.

Thanks for reply. My fault is a date of completion of Professional Year program.

I thought my actual completion date was 11th of June and can receive a certificate. But, the date on certificate is 16th of June. I have contacted some migration agents and all of them said I must complete prior to the time of application. Also, they said the date of completion is critical and my case is very dangerous. According to migration regulation, I must complete the day before the time of application. Also, I have contacted DIAC, but their answer was not clear, so I answered again. DIAC said they don't answer for the same enquiry. I have also checked MRT cases. According to their cases, even if DIAC replied 'ok' for some enquries, if the case against migration regulation, it may be refused. Therefore, I made decision to lodge paper application. As you said, I asked if there will be any problem in my paper app if I withdraw online app using PLE.

Thanks for reply. My fault is a date of completion of Professional Year program.

I thought my actual completion date was 11th of June and can receive a certificate. But, the date on certificate is 16th of June. I have contacted some migration agents and all of them said I must complete prior to the time of application. Also, they said the date of completion is critical and my case is very dangerous. According to migration regulation, I must complete the day before the time of application. Also, I have contacted DIAC, but their answer was not clear, so I answered again. DIAC said they don't answer for the same enquiry. I have also checked MRT cases. According to their cases, even if DIAC replied 'ok' for some enquries, if the case against migration regulation, it may be refused. Therefore, I made decision to lodge paper application. As you said, I asked if there will be any problem in my paper app if I withdraw online app using PLE.

Hello mjkwon,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I believe it contains very valuable information.

Now I understand your case. And I think you've made the right thing by applying for another application. I was going to do the same thing. Nothing is better than being on the safe side so you can sleep the night.

About withdrawing your online application,

Why do you think you should withdraw it? Did you mention the reason for applying a new paper based application within your forms?

I believe you have a very good reason to send a 2nd application. Also, there is no advantage by withdrawing the online one.

Guest redprimrose
If you lodge paper app and need to lodge before new point test, you must be careful for payment. After you lodge your paper app, DIAC will try to debit fee from your credit card. If DIAC fail due to the limitation of credit card, they will try one more time. If they fail again, they will contact you. If do, your lodgment date is changed. Originally, the date DIAC receives is lodgment date, but if you meet above case, your lodgemdnt date is the date DIAC successfully debits. This information is from my friend who is working at ASPC.

One more, at present, a lot of applications are stacked in the many boxes.

When they collect applications from post box, they stamps and then put into the boxes.

Hi, do you know how to figure out whether a case officer is on vacation?

I haven't heard from my case officer since June. :frown:

Thanks.

hmm.. went thru this tread from the start.. it has lots of info..

Can any one share your thoughts as senior members :) on my application..

what stage it is.. is it a thing to worry or should i be waiting for couple of days to hear the good news :-)

176 Family sponsrd paper based - Application date - Jul' 2009

Appeared for ACS twice .. on advise from immigration ..(some one actually mailed asking to get SOL code as per ANZCO..hopefully that someone is my case officer)

Now 261313 Software engineer and submitted ACS doc on 25th Jun 2011..

Cat 3 appln

My online app does'nt show anything.. is it because paper based applns take time to reflect online?

waiting ...

hmm.. went thru this tread from the start.. it has lots of info..

Can any one share your thoughts as senior members :) on my application..

what stage it is.. is it a thing to worry or should i be waiting for couple of days to hear the good news :-)

176 Family sponsrd paper based - Application date - Jul' 2009

Appeared for ACS twice .. on advise from immigration ..(some one actually mailed asking to get SOL code as per ANZCO..hopefully that someone is my case officer)

Now 261313 Software engineer and submitted ACS doc on 25th Jun 2011..

Cat 3 appln

My online app does'nt show anything.. is it because paper based applns take time to reflect online?

waiting ...

Hello Venka, welcome to the thread.

about changing the assessment to be with ANZCO codes, DIAC actually asked some applicants with certain skills to update job titles to be under the new list of skills. So, I'm quite not sure whether it was a case officer asking to change it or not. Maybe if you share the e-mail address which you received the request from, I may tell you whether it was a CO(if it is a CO it will mention the team number). Most probably it is a CO as your application dated on 2009. As far I know, DIAC now processing 2010 176 applications under cat3.

Wish all the best mate :cute:

Guest rex123

Hi Oz,

WHT ABT YOUR 3RD PCC? I submitted my PCCs to my agent today. My medicals reached at HOC on july 1 as per delivery notification. Now waiting for the final outcome. Doesnt know how sooner it will come......................little excited...........

Venkitsiri,

Sorry I dont have any idea about your matter...

Rex

Hi Oz,

WHT ABT YOUR 3RD PCC? I submitted my PCCs to my agent today. My medicals reached at HOC on july 1 as per delivery notification. Now waiting for the final outcome. Doesnt know how sooner it will ...

Rex

Hello Rex123, glad to hear your news. Hope your MEDs get finalised fast. :cute:

About my 3rd PCC, it was finalised yesterday. But it was in Arabic, so I told the guy that I'll translate it and get back to certify it. So, he informed me that they don't certify translations of PCCs, :eek: and I have to apply for another one and add to the note a comment asking them to make it in English! :wacko: He didn't give me the arabic certificate saying that he needs it to speed up the process, then he said "I can receive it next week". :nah: I can't trust what he's saying, because at the first time he said it will take 2 weeks and instead, it was issued after almost 6 weeks. Also, I already told them that I need it in English when I applied for it, but no one told me to write any comment asking for an English certificate! It's so difficult to deal with them. :arghh: and it is the last paper I need so I can send it my CO and enjoy some peace during the waiting time until the CO replys. :cute:

I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what will happen the next week.

I'm planning to send an Enquiry to the HOC tomorrow. I hope to find my MEDs finalised. I'll post the reply for my enquiry here when I receive it. I think you'll be interested to know how long it takes.

Thanks for asking Rex123. And wish you all the best :cute:

Hello Venka, welcome to the thread.

about changing the assessment to be with ANZCO codes, DIAC actually asked some applicants with certain skills to update job titles to be under the new list of skills. So, I'm quite not sure whether it was a case officer asking to change it or not. Maybe if you share the e-mail address which you received the request from, I may tell you whether it was a CO(if it is a CO it will mention the team number). Most probably it is a CO as your application dated on 2009. As far I know, DIAC now processing 2010 176 applications under cat3.

Wish all the best mate :cute:

Hi OZ 4Sure .. thanks for your post.. atlast yesterday my agent replied to me saying i am not yet assigned with CO and we are still waiting on it. I asked him to contact DIAC as they are processing 2010 applns now and my appln is 2009 . but he suggested me to wait for few more days as we dropped mail to gsm.xxx@imm.gov in Jun third week and saying that they will only contact us its not worth a shot to contact DIAC..

I strongly feel that by the time i am back with ACS re-assesment(however i am in priority list) these applications allocation of CO went to 2010.. i feel that now this dept will finish all their applicants and then look for someone who missed out.. i dont think that they have such a talent to look missed applications before.. they are very slow like caterpiller :( Now i feel like gathering all the lugage i came to the station and the train missed :(

now just waiting.. again :(

Guest mjkwon
Hello mjkwon,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I believe it contains very valuable information.

Now I understand your case. And I think you've made the right thing by applying for another application. I was going to do the same thing. Nothing is better than being on the safe side so you can sleep the night.

About withdrawing your online application,

Why do you think you should withdraw it? Did you mention the reason for applying a new paper based application within your forms?

I believe you have a very good reason to send a 2nd application. Also, there is no advantage by withdrawing the online one.

Thanks for your post. Could you let me know how to withdraw online application? PLE or letter? Yesterday, I requested withdrawal of online application using PLE. But, I'm not sure if it's fine.

After I lodged paper application, I received three mails from DIAC.

My lodgement date is 27th of June, 2011. I received first automated mail on 2nd of July and second acknowledgement mail on 5th of July. Also, I received another automated mail today. In the second mail, tax invoice receipt, summary and notification of bridging visa were included.

Thanks.

Hi OZ 4Sure .. thanks for your post.. atlast yesterday my agent replied to me saying i am not yet assigned with CO and we are still waiting on it. I asked him to contact DIAC as they are processing 2010 applns now and my appln is 2009 . but he suggested me to wait for few more days as we dropped mail to gsm.xxx@imm.gov in Jun third week and saying that they will only contact us its not worth a shot to contact DIAC..

I strongly feel that by the time i am back with ACS re-assesment(however i am in priority list) these applications allocation of CO went to 2010.. i feel that now this dept will finish all their applicants and then look for someone who missed out.. i dont think that they have such a talent to look missed applications before.. they are very slow like caterpiller :( Now i feel like gathering all the lugage i came to the station and the train missed :(

now just waiting.. again :(

Hello Venka,

Well, you didn’t miss the train mate. :nah: I don’t think that DIAC will take a look on your application after it finishes processing of 2010 applications. DIAC already reviewed your application once before, and asked for the reassessment. :wink: Now, they have it and therefore, they have the Go already. Indeed, no one can predict how long it will take until you hear some good news. But, with reference to the speed of processing DIAC is performing currently. I think it can’t be more than 8 to 12 weeks; maybe sooner. :notworthy:

I understand that you may feel slowness in the processing. But, this is because you maybe waited for too long time. In fact, DIAC just started running so fast with applications since last December or January.

Don’t lose the hope mate. A little bit patience then you will see your application making some progress.

Wish you all the best mate :hug:

Thanks for your post. Could you let me know how to withdraw online application? PLE or letter? Yesterday, I requested withdrawal of online application using PLE. But, I'm not sure if it's fine.

After I lodged paper application, I received three mails from DIAC.

My lodgement date is 27th of June, 2011. I received first automated mail on 2nd of July and second acknowledgement mail on 5th of July. Also, I received another automated mail today. In the second mail, tax invoice receipt, summary and notification of bridging visa were included.

Thanks.

Hi mjkwon,

I tried to search for information about how to withdraw an application. And I found many threads speaking in this subject. However, I couldn’t find someone who actually did it and therefore, I can't give you accurate steps to do it. Also, I couldn’t find information on DIAC’s website.

I once asked about this subject few months ago. All the information I could get is speaking about taking up to 12 weeks to successfully withdraw it. Therefore, I left my 175 application online running & I applied on papers for 176.

I actually think you’ve made the correct thing by sending the request using a PLE. Actually, DIAC will not be able to withdraw your application until you fill some form or letter and sign it. So, don’t worry. The only way DIAC will respond to your request is by directing you to the steps. Or you may receive similar e-mail as for your enquiry about your application date and the professional year certificate date.

In the case you will not get a clear answer for your PLE. and If I was in your place, I was going to write a letter asking to withdraw the online application and also describe the situation. Then attach it to the online application. When the case officer will be assigned to your online application, he/she will understand your case and handle it. I also was going to mention the file number of the paper based application. Maybe the case officer will be able to start processing it instead :wink:

Please, let me know the answer of your PLE. I really would like to know what DIAC is replying to that.

Thanks mate and wish you the best. :cute:

Hello Friends,

Good morning :cute:

I received the reply for my HOC enquiry. our MEDs still awaiting assessment. MEDs were delivered to HOC on 9 Jun 2011. (exactly 4 weeks processing until now).

Have a good day :fish:

Hello Venka,

Well, you didn’t miss the train mate. :nah: I don’t think that DIAC will take a look on your application after it finishes processing of 2010 applications. DIAC already reviewed your application once before, and asked for the reassessment. :wink: Now, they have it and therefore, they have the Go already. Indeed, no one can predict how long it will take until you hear some good news. But, with reference to the speed of processing DIAC is performing currently. I think it can’t be more than 8 to 12 weeks; maybe sooner. :notworthy:

I understand that you may feel slowness in the processing. But, this is because you maybe waited for too long time. In fact, DIAC just started running so fast with applications since last December or January.

Don’t lose the hope mate. A little bit patience then you will see your application making some progress.

Wish you all the best mate :hug:

Hi Mate,

Thank you verymuch for your kind reply and all the very best to you! :-)

Guest mjkwon
Hi mjkwon,

I tried to search for information about how to withdraw an application. And I found many threads speaking in this subject. However, I couldn’t find someone who actually did it and therefore, I can't give you accurate steps to do it. Also, I couldn’t find information on DIAC’s website.

I once asked about this subject few months ago. All the information I could get is speaking about taking up to 12 weeks to successfully withdraw it. Therefore, I left my 175 application online running & I applied on papers for 176.

I actually think you’ve made the correct thing by sending the request using a PLE. Actually, DIAC will not be able to withdraw your application until you fill some form or letter and sign it. So, don’t worry. The only way DIAC will respond to your request is by directing you to the steps. Or you may receive similar e-mail as for your enquiry about your application date and the professional year certificate date.

In the case you will not get a clear answer for your PLE. and If I was in your place, I was going to write a letter asking to withdraw the online application and also describe the situation. Then attach it to the online application. When the case officer will be assigned to your online application, he/she will understand your case and handle it. I also was going to mention the file number of the paper based application. Maybe the case officer will be able to start processing it instead :wink:

Please, let me know the answer of your PLE. I really would like to know what DIAC is replying to that.

Thanks mate and wish you the best. :cute:

Hi,

I received a reply from DIAC in relation to how to withdraw. I have requested withdrawal of my online 885 application by PLE. But, they answered I must send a written request letter and must sign in the letter.

As you said, I tried to write a letter asking to withdraw and upload in online application. But, I don't think they will consider my paper app instead of online app even if I describe the file number of my paper application because online app will be assessed in Brisbane and paper app will be assessed in ASPC for 885 app unlike both online app and paper app for 175 and 176. Anyway, I'm not sure where I should send a request letter. They didn't mention it.

Hi,

I received a reply from DIAC in relation to how to withdraw. I have requested withdrawal of my online 885 application by PLE. But, they answered I must send a written request letter and must sign in the letter.

As you said, I tried to write a letter asking to withdraw and upload in online application. But, I don't think they will consider my paper app instead of online app even if I describe the file number of my paper application because online app will be assessed in Brisbane and paper app will be assessed in ASPC for 885 app unlike both online app and paper app for 175 and 176. Anyway, I'm not sure where I should send a request letter. They didn't mention it.

Thanks for sharing the answer mate :cute:

I believe you have 2 options. In both of them you have to attach the letter to your online application. The first option is to wait until a CO is assigned, then he/she will do the job. And the 2nd option is to send another PLE informing DIAC that you attached the letter to the online application and request them to withdraw it. Actually, the only person who has the power to take an action for your case is a CO. And DIAC doesn't provide a contact chanel until the priority of processing is yours and the CO is assigned to your case. Therefore, I believe option 2 may not work if the person who answers your enquiry has no authority to forward your request to a CO.

In my opinion, go with the first option. At least, you will know the timeline until the a CO is assigned(GOD bless the online tracking!:notworthy:). You will loose nothing if you keep it running. You already attached the letter, so nothing to worry about :wink:

Thanks again mate for sharing the reply. And wish you the best :cute:

I wish if I could send all the documents to my CO today. I am still waiting for that last unfortunate PCC. I should have received it in the morning. But as I expected, waiting is on.:SLEEP:

I sent all the available documents to my CO today. Ummm, I just said that. Well, that's pretty much it! What about you guys? How many paper applicant here waiting for the golden email? How many companion preparing for the PCC and the health check?

Guest rex123
I wish if I could send all the documents to my CO today. I am still waiting for that last unfortunate PCC. I should have received it in the morning. But as I expected, waiting is on.:SLEEP:

I sent all the available documents to my CO today. Ummm, I just said that. Well, that's pretty much it! What about you guys? How many paper applicant here waiting for the golden email? How many companion preparing for the PCC and the health check?

Hi OZ,

I sent my PCC on 5 July and Medicals recieved at HOC on 4 July. I had sent a mail to HOC on 7 July to know the status of my medicals .They replied that they recieved and the process would commence shortly.

Rex

Guest seban123

Friends,

Got my visa granted.. more details in cat2 thread,,

Oz, Redpri, Rex

What's the news at your end..

Friends,

Got my visa granted.. more details in cat2 thread,,

Oz, Redpri, Rex

What's the news at your end..

OMG Seban!! Really happy for you mate :jiggy: what a great post to read after getting back from work :jiggy:

Congratulations my friend :biggrin: I hear people fly high with such kind of amazing news. I can't imagine it, but I'm really excited to experience it :cute:

My CO told me today: "only 1 PCC left before I issue you the visa!" I don't know if she meant that I already passed the security checking :twitcy:

My huge, great, massive, congratulations mate :hug:

Archived