GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

Guest private

I just have a quick question. Actually it is my first time doing this and really don't know the rules of forum stuff.

As you said, you lodged your application a month before getting your application ID. Didn't this raise an issue with your sponsorship since it is only valid for 30 days.

Was the online tracking system on your sponsorship still open to let you request for form 1100.

Please help as I have only lodged my paper-based and know that by the time I receive application ID, it has passed my 30 days period.

What do you reckon I should do?

Thanks

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest redprimrose
Hi guys,

I didn't receive any confirmation from VIC until now for form 1100. is it normal? I sent an e-mail yesterday to inform VIC about my file number. how much time did it take from you to receive it?

Thanks

It took Vic three business days to send form 1100. That's my timeline.

Guest vaskoka
I just have a quick question. Actually it is my first time doing this and really don't know the rules of forum stuff.

As you said, you lodged your application a month before getting your application ID. Didn't this raise an issue with your sponsorship since it is only valid for 30 days.

Was the online tracking system on your sponsorship still open to let you request for form 1100.

Please help as I have only lodged my paper-based and know that by the time I receive application ID, it has passed my 30 days period.

What do you reckon I should do?

Thanks

Hi

If you read older posts you will see that I have the same dilemma as you do. My agent informed DIAC and SA (my sponsorship state) that the visa was lodged on 27 April (DIAC received my documents) and they said that we should wait for TRN number. My SA sponsorship was granted on 13 April and I still don’t have answer from DIAC, I hope that everything will be OK. I advise you to inform you state that you have lodged your application.

If I have some new information I will post it here

Good luck to all

Guest JSHAN
Thanks redprimerose :cute: so I believe I will give VIC one more day before I contact them.

Hey Mate - since you got confirmation from DIAC reg ur file number on 9th may, you will have to wait for VIC to send the form 1100 first ( if yes) then give 1 more week to send a PLE from which you will get the response of DIAC.

The email to smp.application doesnt help, as they always send you email as soon as they send form 1100 to DIAC.

I have got both DIAC and VIC SMP confirming that they have received and sent the form 1100 respectively.

Where is the CO nw, i See a lot of April 1st and 2nd week online gys getting CO;s what about us( paper) they mightbe thinking we are primitive beings who do paper based wrk and dont have idea abt how things work online:biggrin:

I see that you to have applied 175 and 176 , hope they see the effort put in to get a grant.

All thebest mate:confused:

REGARDS<

JSHAN

REgards

JSHAN

Guest private
Hi

If you read older posts you will see that I have the same dilemma as you do. My agent informed DIAC and SA (my sponsorship state) that the visa was lodged on 27 April (DIAC received my documents) and they said that we should wait for TRN number. My SA sponsorship was granted on 13 April and I still don’t have answer from DIAC, I hope that everything will be OK. I advise you to inform you state that you have lodged your application.

If I have some new information I will post it here

Good luck to all

Hi vaskoka,

Yes thanks that a good Idea.

firstly I should point out that paper-based applications do not get a TRN but they will receive an application IID.

I can inform SA regarding this matter however I really doubt that DIAC will consider my email or even telephone call

because they do not have my information until they open the envelop and actually see my application and put that through

to their system.

Let's hope that we receive our application IDs in time before thing get more convoluted :)

Thanks again for sharing your situation

Guest JSHAN
Hi vaskoka,

Yes thanks that a good Idea.

firstly I should point out that paper-based applications do not get a TRN but they will receive an application IID.

I can inform SA regarding this matter however I really doubt that DIAC will consider my email or even telephone call

because they do not have my information until they open the envelop and actually see my application and put that through

to their system.

Let's hope that we receive our application IDs in time before thing get more convoluted :)

Thanks again for sharing your situation

Hi Vaskoka,

If I were you , I would have called SA or emailed SA about my situtation, and also provided them the post/ application submission details like a ASPC ack of receiving post.

you would know by now that it takes atleast 1month few days here and there to actually register the application and give you a client id/ file reference number.

So explain them that because its a paper application and DIAC has lots of file before you to enter into the systemm it would take atleast for now 1+ month to get a file# and to confirm the same to SA.

see what SA SMP says and then action accordingly with DIAC, I would say SA would agree to the situation of yours and wait for file#

Regards,

JSHAN

Hey Mate - since you got confirmation from DIAC reg ur file number on 9th may, you will have to wait for VIC to send the form 1100 first ( if yes) then give 1 more week to send a PLE from which you will get the response of DIAC.

The email to smp.application doesnt help, as they always send you email as soon as they send form 1100 to DIAC.

I have got both DIAC and VIC SMP confirming that they have received and sent the form 1100 respectively.

Where is the CO nw, i See a lot of April 1st and 2nd week online gys getting CO;s what about us( paper) they mightbe thinking we are primitive beings who do paper based wrk and dont have idea abt how things work online:biggrin:

I see that you to have applied 175 and 176 , hope they see the effort put in to get a grant.

All thebest mate:confused:

REGARDS<

JSHAN

REgards

JSHAN

Hi JSHAN, Thanks mate for the information :cute: I finally received the form 1100 confirmation e-mail from VIC this morning. Now, I'm counting days and will send the PLE Wednesday.

Definitely, DIAC will not assign us a CO immediately just because we have a cat2 application dated in the range of first 2 weeks of April. DIAC just considered us as cat2 and obviously all COs are assigned to the older paper applications and the online applications in the range of the first 2 weeks of April. I think DIAC must give us a priority and assign us a CO once it is possible. after all, we waited almost one month to receive the file number :twitcy:

I notice that DIAC provides a separate current processing dates for paper and e-lodged applications in the aspc.processing@immi.gov.au enquiry. and it indicates that DIAC separates processing for paper and online applications :unsure:. However, the paper based processing date is not accurate, DIAC always specify the same date in both, paper and e-lodged applications. I hope that DIAC will give priority based on the application date regardless of the method of the application.

Good luck mate. :wubclub:

Guest T3 500
Thanks mate. How did it go with you? did you send DIAC that form to authorize new e-mail address? Did you solve the problem?

well not yet...I have emailed them the form and I also attached a scanned copy of my application form. I have no reply yet from them...:frown: i hope I would receive a reply by next week.

Guest seban123

Oz or not to Oz,

I got the confirmation from VIC regarding the 1100 form on the very next day.

All the best ..

well not yet...I have emailed them the form and I also attached a scanned copy of my application form. I have no reply yet from them...:frown: i hope I would receive a reply by next week.

I believe you will get everything sorted out when you receive the reply from DIAC. Good luck mate :cute:

Guest seban123
Thanks mate :jiggy:

Did you get a CO yet mate? :policeman:

I believe you are one of our leads seban :cool: you have all our support and wish you the best :wubclub:

Thanks mate..

I am yet to hear from a CO. Will definitely publish in PIO once I hear :)

Guest deepakramanath

Dear All,

I submitted a paper based 885 on the 27th of April 2011 via express post platinum and it was delivered to DIAC, Adelaide processing on the 29th of April 2011. I see that my money is debited on the 03rd of May as per my bank records.

However, until now (13th of May) I have not received any official acknowledgement from DIAC either through email or via post.

Please share your experiences in this regard.

Thanks

Deepak

Guest GalwayGirl

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd give you guys an update on my application. I don't think I mentioned this before but my OH applied for a 175 visa last July. We decided to apply for a 176 visa in March because we thought it would be processed faster and easier to prove. We were worried that we would have to provide heaps of payslips etc to prove specific work experience. Anyways, last night I checked the progress of the 175 visa and it said "12/05/2011 - Application being processed further" and today we got a CO but it was for the 176 visa!!!!! It turns out our CO was looking at our 175 and realised we didn't have enough points because you can not claim specific work experience for time spent working before you completed your Apprenticeship! That had actually never dawned on me!! So when we didn't have enough points for the 175 he looked at our 176 and asked for our WA approval letter, police clearances and meds.

I cannot believe it, we finally have a CO!! We have our police clearance already but will have to wait for another few weeks until we get our meds because we don't have our second appointment with the doctor until mid june.

Well that's my story, better get back to work! Goodluck everyone with their application :)

Guest redprimrose

Congrats.

I also got the email from CO, asking for Medicals, PCC and Ielts.

Yesterday morning I sent a PLE to confirm my app is in CAT 2. One hour later, I got the reply form CO.

Guest seban123

Redpri & G Gal,

All the best and wish you a smooth journey to the grant.

I could feel the CO is about to knock on my door.

So when we didn't have enough points for the 175 he looked at our 176 and asked for our WA approval letter, police clearances and meds.

I cannot believe it, we finally have a CO!!

Congratulate GalwayGirl :cute: you are almost there. Good luck with the health check :wubclub:

Congrats.

I also got the email from CO, asking for Medicals, PCC and Ielts.

Yesterday morning I sent a PLE to confirm my app is in CAT 2. One hour later, I got the reply form CO.

Happy to hear the good news redprimerose :v_SPIN: paper based applicants in this thread finally are receiving news about final steps :jiggy:

Wish you luck :wubclub:

Dear All,

I submitted a paper based 885 on the 27th of April 2011 via express post platinum and it was delivered to DIAC, Adelaide processing on the 29th of April 2011. I see that my money is debited on the 03rd of May as per my bank records.

However, until now (13th of May) I have not received any official acknowledgement from DIAC either through email or via post.

Please share your experiences in this regard.

Thanks

Deepak

Hi deepakramanath, 5 days from the date DIAC received your documents! I believe all PIOs in this thread waited for about 3 to 4 weeks in order to see credit card transaction deducting the balance of the account. "As long you can see transaction description showing DIAC, So you have nothing to worry about".

We have one friend only in this thread (T3) who didn't receive acknowledgement e-mail from DIAC after charging the credit card. the problem was "The e-mail address was writen in upper-case" in the application. T3 sent a PLE to DIAC and they replied to T3 saying that the e-mail address he is using is not authorized (because it was in small letters). you can refer to the few previous pages and see what circumstances T3 had in his case.

I believe, you need to send a PLE (Post Lodgement Enquiry http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm) and ask for an acknowledgement. this is the only way to understand what takes time from DIAC to send you the acknowledgement.

Guest rex123

After alll procedures and waiting Today I recieved myFile Number and application ID.

Application dated 18 April

File Number recieved 13 May

Visa 475 NSW Orana SS

Rex123

Archived