GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

Guest fuel4mind
redpri - hearty congratulations.... I am sure you have got a CO.. way to go for a grant letter.....

I am awaiting my CO now....will wait for tomorrow and call them in the afternoon...

Thanks and congrats again for your CO

cool. NSW forwarded my form 1100 to DIAC yesterday. Fingers crossed. May be I will wait for a week to confirm with DIAC about form 1100 and wait for a CO :SLEEP:

Name: fuel4mind

Date of Visa application: 23th March 2011

Date of DIAC receival: 25th March 2011

High/Low Risk: HR

Visa type: 176 SS Paper

Which State Sponsored:NSW

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted:Not Yet

Date of File# received : 29th April 2011

Date Form 1100 sent: 5th May 2011

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JSHAN

Hey guys,

I called up DIAC this morning to confirm the status of my Form 1100, waited for as usual 50+ minutes.

A lady picked up the call and helped me thru my application giving bit of details and asking for some more information.

She confirmed that they had received Form1100 and I was priority 2 applicant and said i will have to wait and will be allocated a CO shortly(which i feel a few days/weeks if not months) and the present status is all docs received , waiting for CO to be allocated.

I hope to get a CO probably next week if not later this afternoon.

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest seban123

Friends,

VIC today apprised me that they sent form 1100 to DIAC.

I will wait for another week to confirm with DIAC about this.

Till then, fingers crossed..

Guest T3 500
Hey T3. I thought you are applying for a skilled sponsored visa! Actually, in your case, you will not be in need to get the file number to go forward with form 1100 (this is the reason you will need to get the file number). I believe as long you are not in a Hurry to receive the file number, it is enough to send DIAC an e-mail and save the money of phone calls. If you will receive a reply in this case, it will take at least 2 weeks.

Can I ask why didn't you apply online my friend?

I have emailed DIAC through their online forms regarding my case. here is their reply. I really don't understand this as the email I used was the one I wrote in the app. I have copies of the app sent.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

We regret to advise that the email address you have used for this online enquiry is not recorded as authorised to receive communications relating to this General Skilled Migration application so by law we are unable to provide any specific information.

If the primary applicant or their authorised recipient wish to provide an authorised email address or change the email address originally provided with the application, this must be done in writing. Please note that this notification must come from the current authorised email address. This can be done by using Form 1193 Communicating by e-mail with the department. This form is available on our website at

Note: Under section 494D of the Migration Act 1958 each visa application can have only one authorised email address.

Yours sincerely,

Dawn K

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

I have emailed DIAC through their online forms regarding my case. here is their reply. I really don't understand this as the email I used was the one I wrote in the app. I have copies of the app sent.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

We regret to advise that the email address you have used for this online enquiry is not recorded as authorised to receive communications relating to this General Skilled Migration application so by law we are unable to provide any specific information.

If the primary applicant or their authorised recipient wish to provide an authorised email address or change the email address originally provided with the application, this must be done in writing. Please note that this notification must come from the current authorised email address. This can be done by using Form 1193 Communicating by e-mail with the department. This form is available on our website at

Note: Under section 494D of the Migration Act 1958 each visa application can have only one authorised email address.

Yours sincerely,

Dawn K

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Mate, that’s odd. But now we know why you didn't receive the acknowledgement e-mail informing you about the file number. Obviously, the e-mail address attached to your application is not the same as your e-mail. Let us assume how did this happen?

Scenario 1: you wrote your e-mail in your application with some mistake. As long you have a copy of your application, make sure you did write it correctly. One wrong or missing character will definitely not let you receive e-mails from them (For Acknowledgement nor enquiry e-mails). ----- The solution for this will be as following: Create an e-mail exactly like the one you have in your application (the incorrect one) then send DIAC asking for your file number. Certainly, we will have to find an alternative solution if you find that the new created e-mail is already in use. But let us think of a solution only if we reach this point.

Scenario 2: when they transferred your e-mail from your application to somewhere on their system. DIAC wrote it incorrectly. In this case you can reply to their e-mail and attach a scan from your application showing them that the e-mail is correct and inform them that there is a mistake. And they will have to correct it.

Make sure of the e-mail written in your application and then you can follow one of the scenarios I just mentioned to you.

Do you understand what happened in your case now mate? It’s good that you have sent them the enquiry. Now you know what the problem is. And you can take action about it.

Let me know what happened with you mate.

Guest rex123

I sent my application for VISA on 13th of April and it was recieved by them on 20th April.

My agent sent it through ordinary post and hence tracking is not possible.

When I can expect my file number ? Do they send acknowledgement mail to me also or only agent will recieve it?

Thanks for any advise

rexx

Guest May flower

Hi, there,

This is May flower. I sent the application on March 31st. My friend lost the tracking number. So far I have not received the FN. :mad:

Can u please advise me if you get FN first or get money deducted from ur credit card first?

Meanwhile, do I need to provide the 3 digits number on back of my credit card to DIAC? (form 1276 page 37, credit card number).

Many thanks!

Guest T3 500
Mate, that’s odd. But now we know why you didn't receive the acknowledgement e-mail informing you about the file number. Obviously, the e-mail address attached to your application is not the same as your e-mail. Let us assume how did this happen?

Scenario 1: you wrote your e-mail in your application with some mistake. As long you have a copy of your application, make sure you did write it correctly. One wrong or missing character will definitely not let you receive e-mails from them (For Acknowledgement nor enquiry e-mails). ----- The solution for this will be as following: Create an e-mail exactly like the one you have in your application (the incorrect one) then send DIAC asking for your file number. Certainly, we will have to find an alternative solution if you find that the new created e-mail is already in use. But let us think of a solution only if we reach this point.

Scenario 2: when they transferred your e-mail from your application to somewhere on their system. DIAC wrote it incorrectly. In this case you can reply to their e-mail and attach a scan from your application showing them that the e-mail is correct and inform them that there is a mistake. And they will have to correct it.

Make sure of the e-mail written in your application and then you can follow one of the scenarios I just mentioned to you.

Do you understand what happened in your case now mate? It’s good that you have sent them the enquiry. Now you know what the problem is. And you can take action about it.

Let me know what happened with you mate.

I appreciate your advices! The only difference with the email in the application is that it was written in all uppercase. that's it. I will email them a scan copy of my application..i'll keep u posted! thank you very much!!!:cute:

I sent my application for VISA on 13th of April and it was recieved by them on 20th April.

My agent sent it through ordinary post and hence tracking is not possible.

When I can expect my file number ? Do they send acknowledgement mail to me also or only agent will recieve it?

Thanks for any advise

rexx

Hello Rex123, DIAC takes about 4 weeks to send acknowledgement and notify about the file number. In your case, you can expect it around 18th of May.

DIAC sends acknowledgement to the e-mail address specified in your application. There is only one. Certainly, it is always filled with the e-mail address of the agent.

Hi, there,

This is May flower. I sent the application on March 31st. My friend lost the tracking number. So far I have not received the FN. :mad:

Can u please advise me if you get FN first or get money deducted from ur credit card first?

Meanwhile, do I need to provide the 3 digits number on back of my credit card to DIAC? (form 1276 page 37, credit card number).

Many thanks!

Hi May flower,

You get the money deducted first then you will receive acknowledgement the same day or the next day. That what we can observe from the feedback of our companions who received acknowledgement.

Form 1276 Page 37 Credit card number field asks for 19 digit credit card (16 digits for credit card number and the last 3 digits from the right will be the 3 digits on the back of your credit card).

I appreciate your advices! The only difference with the email in the application is that it was written in all uppercase. that's it. I will email them a scan copy of my application..i'll keep u posted! thank you very much!!!:cute:

Hi T3,

E-mail address is case sensitive. Please, refer to the following link and read under the subject "Syntax".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address

It says: "The local-part is case sensitive; therefore jsmith@example.com and JSmith@example.com specify different mailboxes".

Try to create an e-mail same as yours but make it this time uppercase.

Guest T3 500
Hi T3,

E-mail address is case sensitive. Please, refer to the following link and read under the subject "Syntax".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address

It says: "The local-part is case sensitive; therefore jsmith@example.com and JSmith@example.com specify different mailboxes".

Try to create an e-mail same as yours but make it this time uppercase.

I didn't know this...but the whole app was written in all uppercase.

Anyways, I tried to send an email to the exact email add as written in the app XXXXX@GMAIL.com from my corporate email and I received the email. Also I can't create a new account that is just the "All Caps" version of mine; it is not available.:confused:

I didn't know this...but the whole app was written in all uppercase.

Anyways, I tried to send an email to the exact email add as written in the app XXXXX@GMAIL.com from my corporate email and I received the email. Also I can't create a new account that is just the "All Caps" version of mine; it is not available.:confused:

Obviously, Gmail evaluates the distinction. So, you will not be able to create a new e-mail in uppercase. Also, DIAC didn't send the acknowledgement in the first place. If they did, you were going to receive it. That test you've preformed clarifies it.

Now, let us think of the form which DIAC attached in their reply. if it's possible to add an authorized e-mail address using that form, problem will be solved. the only obstacle is: (you don't know the file number :wacko:).

In my opinion, reply to their e-mail. Fill the form they have sent to you, sign it, scan it, attach it in your reply then mention in your e-mail that you didn't receive the file number so you couldn't specify it. Just mention other details to let them locate your application (Passport Number, Name, Nationality, Date of Birth, DHL tracking reference, Application subclass).

Let us see what they will reply to you.

I know it’s frustrating mate. But don't worry; you'll get everything back to the track. It just needs little patience.

Guest redprimrose
any updates folks .....redpri did you get your grant :) ????

No news....

Medicals and PCC have not been done yet.

So I'm supposed to receive an email from CO, asking for further documents. Still waiting for the email.

Hi All,

I received the acknowledgement e-mail from DIAC two hours ago. DIAC charged my credit card the same day.

I already sent the e-mail to VIC state in order to proceed with form 1100. How can I know that DIAC received the form 1100? is VIC going to inform me?

Congratulations Oz

I hope it will be soon for us too

Thank you vaskoka, I actually didn't expect to receive it before 13th of May. I think Easter holidays caused some delay and now they move faster. I also sent them an online enquiry asking for the file number on 5th May. I don't know if this has any relation to receive the acknowledgement earlier.

Guys does anyone have an application received by DIAC before 14th of April and didn't receive the file number yet?

Guest fuel4mind
Hi All,

I received the acknowledgement e-mail from DIAC two hours ago. DIAC charged my credit card the same day.

I already sent the e-mail to VIC state in order to proceed with form 1100. How can I know that DIAC received the form 1100? is VIC going to inform me?

Congrats mate. Join the club! Did you get confirmation from VIC stating that your Form1100 has been sent? If yes, then wait for a week and call DIAC to confirm the same. That's what I am planning to do. I am not a big fan of PLE.

Congrats mate. Join the club! Did you get confirmation from VIC stating that your Form1100 has been sent? If yes, then wait for a week and call DIAC to confirm the same. That's what I am planning to do. I am not a big fan of PLE.

Thank you Fuel4mind :cute: and thank you for telling me about the confirmation from VIC. Actually, no I didn't receive it yet.

The online gsm.processing@immi.gov.au processing enquiry says: Priority 2 applications are currently being allocated within a week of DIAC receiving confirmation of a valid nomination from the relevant State/ Territory Government.

So you are right, most probably, if we phone call after a week from the state confirmation date we will get a clear feadback because a C.O must be assigned to the application allready.

Guest redprimrose
Hi All,

Congrats.

Vic will send an ack email once form 1100 is sent.

Wait for a week, then send PLE to DIAC to confirm the receival of form 1100.

Guest T3 500
Hi All,

Congrats mate!!:biggrin:

Archived