GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

Thank you Oz or Not to Oz

Online applicants, do they receive TRN number on the day of the application or they wait for the number as we do?

Online applications receive TRN within the same hour. I lodged an online 175 application and received the TRN the same minute.

Thanks for sharing the reply of SA. It is clear that the 30 days are the period to apply to DIAC. They clearly didn't make a relation between the TRN and the period of 30 days. However, that phrase "to update your DIAC reference number (TRN/BCC number) within five days" is confusing. I think it has a relation to the steps you follow to update the online ss application with the TRN itself. I assume that you can confirm sending the application to DIAC by updating your ss application, then the system will give you 5 days to provide the TRN. Correct me if I'm mistaken. I think you might be more familiar with how SA online ss application works.

Mate, I strongly recommend to you to send an e-mail to SA and inform them about the delay of the File number. Ask them if the file number will not be available within the time frame, what will happen? it is better to put SA in the picture and get an official reply which you can use for any debates later (wish you don't go through that but you always have to put yourself in the safe side).

Also, you may ask about it in the thread of SA ss. I assume there is one for it. You may find people familiar with your case. On the other hand, is it possible to apply online? Do you have any running application on the online visa application?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good day!! I have sent my visa 476 application on last march 27 and DIAC received last March 30. I did not receive any ack email. Last Mon, April 27 my credit card informed me that DIAC have already credited the visa application fee. Until now, I have no emails or notification. I'm so confused as to why they have already charged me without even an ack. Is that normal?

As I can observe from people's feedback about receiving acknowledgement. Credit card is charged the same day they receive the acknoledgment email or one day before. I believe after you check your junk email. make sure you have provided the correct email address (maybe you have a copy of papers you have sent). After you make sure you've done everything correctly, you just give a call to DIAC. As long credit card is charged, the file number must be already available. Ask them whether they already sent the acknoledgement email.

Wish you luck mate :)

Guest T3 500

thank so much for the reply! I have checked my spam..no mail on both the email adds I gave :( Looks like I need to give them a call.

Guest T3 500

does anyone have the number of the Adelaide processing center? I'll be calling from outside AUS.

Guest T3 500
Hello T3,

Use Skype.

Everyone who did call DIAC mentioned a long period of time on hold. be patient, you will get what you ask for but you have to give them some time.

Good luck :cute:

Thanks for the tip, Oz or Not to Oz!!! will do :)

Guest fuel4mind
Hello T3,

Use Skype.

Everyone who did call DIAC mentioned a long period of time on hold. be patient, you will get what you ask for but you have to give them some time.

Good luck :cute:

Nice tip mate

Guest JSHAN
Hi

I have sponsorship from South Australia approved on 13 April 2011, I have sent my visa documents on April 19, DIAC recived them on 27 April due to holydays, now I am waiting for Acknowledgement. SA says that i have to lodge visa application with DIAC within thirty days from date of sponsorship approval or this Sponsorship will expire. I am litlle confused so I need your help. Which date will be Lodgement date 27 April or the date when they send me Acknowledgement ?

Thank you

Mate - step 1 your application has been received on 27th April which means you have been proative to file the 176 SA sponsore visa..

Now since DIAC is taking time to lodge it into system which is not your fault and delaying providing the File number, what I had done was informed my state sponsor with the situation and said I haev lodged it and agree to the go with the state.

provide them the details on lodgement of application and they will agree and wait.

I submitted my auspost tracking delivery file and ack receipt from ASPC to VIC and the agreed to wait.

Hope this helps....:huh:

Hey everyone we finally have a case officer!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sent an email yesterday asking for the status of our application then checked emails today & there was an email saying we have a case officer from team 4. They have asked for a reference from my husbands current employers as he is currently not plastering due to no work. This wont be a problem as he will get this tomorrow. Our medicals are booked for 12th May. Hopefully not long now!!!!

:yes:

Hey everyone we finally have a case officer!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sent an email yesterday asking for the status of our application then checked emails today & there was an email saying we have a case officer from team 4. They have asked for a reference from my husbands current employers as he is currently not plastering due to no work. This wont be a problem as he will get this tomorrow. Our medicals are booked for 12th May. Hopefully not long now!!!!

:yes:

Congratulation Hayley. You passed through some difficult times, so wish you peace now. And definitely PRs for the happy family :)

Happy to hear your good news. And wish you luck :)

Thanks oz or not to oz.

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help. My case officer has asked me to fill in form 80 & sent this for me to print out & fill in. Does everyone have to fill in this form & am I right in thinking that I would have to scan this form (its 8 pages long) then send it back on email? It says they would prefer it to be recieved in PDF format on a scan what does this mean & how will I know what format it is in?

I'm not very technical minded as you can prob tell!!!

Thanks oz or not to oz.

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help. My case officer has asked me to fill in form 80 & sent this for me to print out & fill in. Does everyone have to fill in this form & am I right in thinking that I would have to scan this form (its 8 pages long) then send it back on email? It says they would prefer it to be recieved in PDF format on a scan what does this mean & how will I know what format it is in?

I'm not very technical minded as you can prob tell!!!

Hello again Hayley,

In order to do that, you need a scanner, a printer and your computer. Make sure to install Adobe Acrobat on your computer.

Step1: print form 80 after you fill it with all details. Then sign it.(same thing to your OH because form 80 will be required for each applicant over 16 years of age).

Step2: scan each page and save it on you computer as an image. jpg for example. You will do it page by page.

Step3: select all images you have scanned on computer then right click and choose 'combine using adobe acrobat'.

Step4: a window will open showing you the files you have selected. You can sort pages to be in correct order (from 1 to 8). And finally click save and give a name for the acrobat file.

Now you can attach it to your e-mail then send it.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question.

Good luck :)

Guest redprimrose

Congrats, Hayley

I'm wondering whether we can use E-health for paper-based application.

I searched DIAC website and found that E-health is available if the applicant has a Health Examinations List. So has your case officer send this List to you?

Regards

Guest JSHAN

Congrats Hayley on your CO allocation!!!! Great news to see a 176 paper based applicant getting a CO.

do you think we need to reach out to the DIAC now ,as my form 1100 was sent to DIAC on 21st April.? My application date as confirmed by the file # is 21 March.

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest T3 500
Guys. I want to add some more information.

DIAC*Contact Hours (Australian Central Time): 0900 to 1600

Monday to Friday

JUst called them 3x...more than 30 mins each...i wasn't able to get to an operator.

Guest JSHAN
JUst called them 3x...more than 30 mins each...i wasn't able to get to an operator.

you need to wait a minimum of 50+ minutes:arghh:

Guest T3 500
you need to wait a minimum of 50+ minutes:arghh:

:arghh: what?!! woah! that's a long time. I used my skype and mobile credits for the calls...I gotta purchase more...

anyways, my dad was asking why the heck am I calling DIAC...I told him to ask if they have already sent an ack mail or file number (coz they already credited the visa app fee)..he then asked what will I do with the file number/ack email...errr...dunno...what is the point of having them?

For me, i just really wanna know if my application is now being processed...so anxious.:cute:

Guest JSHAN
:arghh: what?!! woah! that's a long time. I used my skype and mobile credits for the calls...I gotta purchase more...

anyways, my dad was asking why the heck am I calling DIAC...I told him to ask if they have already sent an ack mail or file number (coz they already credited the visa app fee)..he then asked what will I do with the file number/ack email...errr...dunno...what is the point of having them?

For me, i just really wanna know if my application is now being processed...so anxious.:cute:

T3 did you confirm with your STATE whether they have sent Fome 1100 and if they confirm wait for a week or 10 days before you call up regarding the status.... I am not aware of your timeline so would need more details to suggest anythng more...

I am planning to call up on thursday to give them a days time to alocate aCO if thye havnt done so.

Regards,

JSHAN:biggrin:

Archived