gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wink:

Assalam o Alaikum Bros,

My timeline is as follow:

IELTS 7 OVERALL MARCH 2010 | EA Electronics Engineer Sept 2010 | SS WA Submitted 15 Dec 2012 | SS WA Approved 17 Jan 2013 | 190 Invitation received thru Skillselect 19 Jan 2013 | 190 Application Logged 21 Jan 2013 | Medical frontload 29 Jan13 | CO Allocated 6 Feb 13 (Request additional Docs) | Additional Docs submitted 15 Feb 13 | PCC requested 15 Feb 13....

Just wanted to know about the medical, how will I come to know that my Medical is finalized or referred? so far the status for Medical says received same like other document?

Please share your experience............

Regards,

Syed

Sir Jee,

No tension, your visa grant will be exactly 4 days after submission of your PCC. My jins already told me this.:wink:

Posting to update my progress:

I requested IOM for flight booking assistance over a week ago and within a day got a reply from their rep in Islamabad to deposit the quoted fare amount(at SCB) and share the scanned copy of the deposit slip with them so they can proceed with formalities and revert with the ticket. The validity of the offer was valid till today(18th Feb) and Mr.Smarty Pants left it till the eleventh hour to make the confirmation. Surprise, surprise....today's a strike!!!!

Stretched it to this point as I was researching other possible cheaper options. I got confirmation on Friday that IOM's deal is best in terms of allowed baggage+fare+transit, but it was too late to make the deposit at that hour & SCB's closed on Saturday. No worries still a day to go.

Saturday: Quetta bomb blast!! Country-wide protests!!! Strike call on Monday! Mega-bummer!

No way out! I had to risk going out to make the deposit today. All branches that I checked in the morning; PECHS, Hill Park & Sh-e-Faisal, were closed. Took the risk with low CNG & virtually no petrol(pumps closed as well) to check Main Branch. Found it open and thank my lucky angels. The teller there plays the dreaded FIA immigration agent role and tells me that they don't deal in IOM deposits and that only Hill Park & Gulshan-e-Iqbal do so. I tell him its a straight-forward deposit but he refused to accept and insisted that Hill Park is the branch to go to. Confused, I go back hoping that perhaps some staff might have turned up and they might've opened by then. Reach there, shutters down, they were open and cautiously letting customers in. I tell the receptionist my whole story. He shows me printed SCB-IOM deposit slips only for UK Medicals!!!! Redirected to IOM office(Tipu Sultan Rd)! IOM office also tell me that they don't have any directives(they do only MEDs) from Islamabad!! The lady who spoke to me on the phone at the reception asked me to come in and show her the copy of the email I was carrying. She advises me to make the deposit, the very same way I had attempted to do so at the Main Branch, at the Hill Park branch. I tell her that SCB had refused to take the deposit amount; she said she didn't understand why(neither did I!!). Anyways, I come back to Hill Park branch and tell them with a bit more conviction that IOM had advised me to make the deposit here and also that the other branch refused to take the payment. They too were reluctant as most of the deposits made in favor of IOM didn't normally exceed Rs.5000/-. Eventually got them to accept the payment, which can be made at any branch(!!!)(@#$&!@@#), and got the coveted deposit slip.

Emailed the copy within an hour thereafter. Hopefully the ticket will follow soon.

MORAL: Long story short, don't expect even the best of the best(SCB in my case) not to falter here in Pakistan and never ever leave anything on your to-do list to the last minute(totally unpredictable political situation). Make sure you give yourself a cushion of at least a couple of days if not more. This is totally applicable to all Pakistani applicants and specially for Karachites who can visualize my ordeal.

IA Adelaide-bound on 8th March!!! Safe-sided, I'm thinking about pitching a tent at the airport a couple of days prior to my flight:cool:

I requested IOM for flight booking assistance over a week ago and within a day got a reply from their rep in Islamabad to deposit the quoted fare amount(at SCB) and share the scanned copy of the deposit slip with them so they can proceed with formalities and revert with the ticket. The validity of the offer was valid till today(18th Feb) and Mr.Smarty Pants left it till the eleventh hour to make the confirmation. Surprise, surprise....today's a strike!!!!

Stretched it to this point as I was researching other possible cheaper options. I got confirmation on Friday that IOM's deal is best in terms of allowed baggage+fare+transit, but it was too late to make the deposit at that hour & SCB's closed on Saturday. No worries still a day to go.

Saturday: Quetta bomb blast!! Country-wide protests!!! Strike call on Monday! Mega-bummer!

No way out! I had to risk going out to make the deposit today. All branches that I checked in the morning; PECHS, Hill Park & Sh-e-Faisal, were closed. Took the risk with low CNG & virtually no petrol(pumps closed as well) to check Main Branch. Found it open and thank my lucky angels. The teller there plays the dreaded FIA immigration agent role and tells me that they don't deal in IOM deposits and that only Hill Park & Gulshan-e-Iqbal do so. I tell him its a straight-forward deposit but he refused to accept and insisted that Hill Park is the branch to go to. Confused, I go back hoping that perhaps some staff might have turned up and they might've opened by then. Reach there, shutters down, they were open and cautiously letting customers in. I tell the receptionist my whole story. He shows me printed SCB-IOM deposit slips only for UK Medicals!!!! Redirected to IOM office(Tipu Sultan Rd)! IOM office also tell me that they don't have any directives(they do only MEDs) from Islamabad!! The lady who spoke to me on the phone at the reception asked me to come in and show her the copy of the email I was carrying. She advises me to make the deposit, the very same way I had attempted to do so at the Main Branch, at the Hill Park branch. I tell her that SCB had refused to take the deposit amount; she said she didn't understand why(neither did I!!). Anyways, I come back to Hill Park branch and tell them with a bit more conviction that IOM had advised me to make the deposit here and also that the other branch refused to take the payment. They too were reluctant as most of the deposits made in favor of IOM didn't normally exceed Rs.5000/-. Eventually got them to accept the payment, which can be made at any branch(!!!)(@#$&!@@#), and got the coveted deposit slip.

Emailed the copy within an hour thereafter. Hopefully the ticket will follow soon.

MORAL: Long story short, don't expect even the best of the best(SCB in my case) not to falter here in Pakistan and never ever leave anything on your to-do list to the last minute(totally unpredictable political situation). Make sure you give yourself a cushion of at least a couple of days if not more. This is totally applicable to all Pakistani applicants and specially for Karachites who can visualize my ordeal.

IA Adelaide-bound on 8th March!!! Safe-sided, I'm thinking about pitching a tent at the airport a couple of days prior to my flight:cool:

Well done bro. This ordeal alone can be the subject of a suspense movie or novel. :wink:

I am not sure why they refused. Its really simple that, you need to make an online transaction in another SCB account. thats it, whose account is this? its none of there concern. Regarding banking experience in Karachi, sorry to say i have seen worst idiots sitting there without any knowledge. Its not only SCB but ASKARI and MCB are topper in stupidity specially branches which are located in Saddar.

You shouldn't have told them its for immigration. You should've told them its air fare payment. Secondly, you could've transferred the amount through ATM and scanned / emailed the deposit slip. One trick works for these idiots. Anyone who refuses to take your cash deposit against any account, just tell them to refuse in writing with a reason. That's it. They will get to the bottom of it and if there's a valid reason / justification to refuse such deposit, they will refuse it in writing otherwise they will just tell you to do circus throughout the city, if not the country.

In any case, all's well that ends well. ^_^

You shouldn't have told them its for immigration. You should've told them its air fare payment. Secondly, you could've transferred the amount through ATM and scanned / emailed the deposit slip. One trick works for these idiots. Anyone who refuses to take your cash deposit against any account, just tell them to refuse in writing with a reason. That's it. They will get to the bottom of it and if there's a valid reason / justification to refuse such deposit, they will refuse it in writing otherwise they will just tell you to do circus throughout the city, if not the country.

In any case, all's well that ends well. ^_^

I had no idea what I would be up against and never expected anything like this from SCB. Nice trick, the refusal in writing - won't ever escape me ever! Thanks

Well done bro. This ordeal alone can be the subject of a suspense movie or novel. :wink:

It was terrible, but a worthy experience!:wacko:

I am not sure why they refused. Its really simple that, you need to make an online transaction in another SCB account. thats it, whose account is this? its none of there concern. Regarding banking experience in Karachi, sorry to say i have seen worst idiots sitting there without any knowledge. Its not only SCB but ASKARI and MCB are topper in stupidity specially branches which are located in Saddar.

The teller who dealt me at the Main Branch actually had been at Hill Park. Taking Mr.Know-it-all's word I assumed he was right, but in hindsight I kept asking myself why these morons are refusing a deposit that's tied to a verifiable SCB account! The bank was at least risk. I even asked him why they, well-known for their flexible banking procedures, couldn't accept the deposit on behalf of Hill Park. He told me that the IOM accounts are explicitly dealt with by Hill Park. Total jerk!

Thinking about taking this up with SCB's CS:mad:

The teller who dealt me at the Main Branch actually had been at Hill Park. Taking Mr.Know-it-all's word I assumed he was right, but in hindsight I kept asking myself why these morons are refusing a deposit that's tied to a verifiable SCB account! The bank was at least risk. I even asked him why they, well-known for their flexible banking procedures, couldn't accept the deposit on behalf of Hill Park. He told me that the IOM accounts are explicitly dealt with by Hill Park. Total jerk!

you should for sure take this matter to CS.

In your shoes I would have done that on the spot by calling there helpline right in front of there Good for nothing Manager. On a different issue, I dragged FAISAL BANK's useless back by calling there help line right in front of there Branch manager. used the loud speaker and told the Help line that, I am in Your Faisal Bank Branch, the gentleman named Mr. ABC who claims to be your Branch manager is sitting in front of me and He says that they cant solve the prob. blah blah blah. After 10 minutes, not only they apologised but also issue was resolved, Manager and concerned staff was warned officially.

Next time any one who face such problems contact concerned helpline on the spot and let them deal with there owns.

cheers

you should for sure take this matter to CS.

In your shoes I would have done that on the spot by calling there helpline right in front of there Good for nothing Manager. On a different issue, I dragged FAISAL BANK's useless back by calling there help line right in front of there Branch manager. used the loud speaker and told the Help line that, I am in Your Faisal Bank Branch, the gentleman named Mr. ABC who claims to be your Branch manager is sitting in front of me and He says that they cant solve the prob. blah blah blah. After 10 minutes, not only they apologised but also issue was resolved, Manager and concerned staff was warned officially.

Next time any one who face such problems contact concerned helpline on the spot and let them deal with there owns.

cheers

Thanks musmanasghar!

Mate the city situation was playing on my mind as well and these guys did infact manage to conduct a mini-circus(like Rezasol said) with me. Thanks for sharing your experience, it was very well dealt with by you. I'll remember to put on my game face next time.:realmad::skeptical:

Will be writing to CS shortly.

The moral of the story may be useful to many however....

I deposited a cheque from MCB via a deposit slip at SCB(Site Branch) and it was accepted and cleared, which is a standard account to account transfer for any bank, just as you deposit someone's cheque in your own account.

Secondly, you could have called IOM and told them the situation, they could have extended the validity of the offer. I got my validity till 9th th Feb and I asked for a change in itenary (1 week) and the offer validity was changed to 23rd Feb.

IOM offers one time special rates for immigration along with additional baggage allowance.

One Question: Why didn't you do the booking through a travel agent or directly through atihad, emirates or any other airlines and paid through your credit card? Does it have to be through this route only?

My one year finished with DIAC and still i guess i am far away from getting SILVER EMAIL. Any prediction seniors?

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - IELTS 8.0// 27-1-12 (WA SS Applied)// 15-2-12 (SS Approved)// 19-2-12 (176 Lodged)// 20-2-12 (Docs Uploaded)// 21-2-2012 (Form 80 & 1221 Submitted)// 16-3-2012 (CO Allocated - TEAM 4 / PG 3).... External Checks???

Also i am planning to call DIAC (+611300364613). Are they GMT+9:30 OR GMT+10:30?

My one year finished with DIAC and still i guess i am far away from getting SILVER EMAIL. Any prediction seniors?

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - IELTS 8.0// 27-1-12 (WA SS Applied)// 15-2-12 (SS Approved)// 19-2-12 (176 Lodged)// 20-2-12 (Docs Uploaded)// 21-2-2012 (Form 80 & 1221 Submitted)// 16-3-2012 (CO Allocated - TEAM 4 / PG 3).... External Checks???

Also i am planning to call DIAC (+611300364613). Are they GMT+9:30 OR GMT+10:30?

Mate I think you should wait for at least 2 months before calling DIAC.

Mate I think you should wait for at least 2 months before calling DIAC.

I never called DIAC since i lodged my application (Feb 19, 2012).

I have also never been asked a single question by DIAC since i lodged my application.

I only contacted my CO once (by email) and that was months before. My CO said that my application is undergoing routine checks.

Shouldn't i call DIAC in 1st week of March to at least get an idea of what is happening?

What about contacting IGIS to know if there is any delay concerning my SC?

Hi.

Just wanted to tell you guys that after 5 months of lodging the application we came to know that our CO has changed. She said we are undergoing security check. Being from HR countries, I think it would take sometime.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

I never called DIAC since i lodged my application (Feb 19, 2012).

I have also never been asked a single question by DIAC since i lodged my application.

I only contacted my CO once (by email) and that was months before. My CO said that my application is undergoing routine checks.

Shouldn't i call DIAC in 1st week of March to at least get an idea of what is happening?

What about contacting IGIS to know if there is any delay concerning my SC?

Brother if you have been told only one month ago that your application is undergoing routine checks then what kind of update do you need now? The standard duration of checks is 12+ months nowadays for PK applicants so you should wait for at least 1-2 months before calling DIAC. Furthermore, you will need to wait till 16th March before writing to IGIS otherwise they may simply dispense with your complaint.

Hi.

Just wanted to tell you guys that after 5 months of lodging the application we came to know that our CO has changed. She said we are undergoing security check. Being from HR countries, I think it would take sometime.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

How did you come to know that your CO has been changed? Did DIAC contact you themselves?

Brother if you have been told only one month ago that your application is undergoing routine checks then what kind of update do you need now? The standard duration of checks is 12+ months nowadays for PK applicants so you should wait for at least 1-2 months before calling DIAC. Furthermore, you will need to wait till 16th March before writing to IGIS otherwise they may simply dispense with your complaint.

Thanksfor your response.

Actually I didn't say that i contacted DIAC one month ago. I said I only contacted my CO once (by email) and that was MONTHS before (5-6 months). My CO said that my application is undergoing routine checks. That is why i was thinking to call DIAC in 1st week of March or contact IGIS.

Regarding the complaint with IGIS, i think the time frame of 12 months is subjected to date of visa application (Not the of CO assignment). Below is the screenshot captured from IGIS website. Please correct me if i am wrong.

sdfsdf.jpg

sdfsdf.jpg

Archived