gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AssalamoAlaikum,

Guys, I received meds n PCC request on 4th of feb, got through it on 7th, sent PCC on 9th, meds got referred on 11th.

Sorry for being this late :(

Nosferatu,

Bro, you are right, most of the applicants even good healthy ones are being referred (maybe all, as I haven’t seen a single case as of yet, being directly finalized) don’t know the specific reason.

Yes, apparently the processing duration for referred meds is around 8-14 weeks so we can safely presume that early Jan 2013 meds will be finalized before 15th April 2013.

BTW, why medicals are referred? According to some posts on various forums, meds of applicants suffering from some major ailment are usually referred however recently meds of some applicants, who were purportedly enjoying good health, were referred as well.

AssalamoAlaikum,

Guys, I received meds n PCC request on 4th of feb, got through it on 7th, sent PCC on 9th, meds got referred on 11th.

Nosferatu,

Bro, you are right, most of the applicants even good healthy ones are being referred (maybe all, as I haven’t seen a single case as of yet, being directly finalized) don’t know the specific reason.

Congrats ya akhi. Wonderful news :hug: Please share your timeline with us.

Nosferatu,

On a side note bro, it is amazing that meds of few lucky folks from PK were processed in 15-33 days recently.

Got a stupid question: Do people with PR grants need to have a two-way(return) ticket issued? Asking coz the visa itself isn't validated until we land on Aussie soil and the biggest hurdle is Pak immigration. I was on the verge of booking my one-way flight when someone confused me with this...

Also, what's the final verdict about getting the visa label affixed??? (Paki immigration perspective):confused::eek:

Got a stupid question: Do people with PR grants need to have a two-way(return) ticket issued? Asking coz the visa itself isn't validated until we land on Aussie soil and the biggest hurdle is Pak immigration. I was on the verge of booking my one-way flight when someone confused me with this...

Also, what's the final verdict about getting the visa label affixed??? (Paki immigration perspective):confused::eek:

No, a one way ticket will suffice IMO. Regarding getting passport stamped, I still believe that it is worth $70.

No need of Visa label and 2 way ticket. :)

if your plan is to stay for a short term for one month or two and want to come back for sometime before moving permanently there then get 2 way ticket otherwise one way :)

for people visiting Australia on visit visas its compulsory to have return tickets.

No, a one way ticket will suffice IMO. Regarding getting passport stamped, I still believe that it is worth $70.

No need of Visa label and 2 way ticket. :)

bro, from recent posts i remember now we dont need to get it stamped. they returned some passports without stamping.

if your plan is to stay for a short term for one month or two and want to come back for sometime before moving permanently there then get 2 way ticket otherwise one way :)

for people visiting Australia on visit visas its compulsory to have return tickets.

The elders have spoken...you've made my decision a whole lot easier:huh:

for someone who applied hurriedly in 2012 June, just to board 176(before 190 commences), is it remotely possible that we be thrown back in priority list after July 2013.

If Skilled Sponsored under State migration plan then I dont think that you will be moved to Cat-5. but yes priority can be changed. may b u will move up or move down. In either case your case would be processed because you have one of the state approval which was given out of there allocated quota :)

If Skilled Sponsored under State migration plan then I dont think that you will be moved to Cat-5. but yes priority can be changed. may b u will move up or move down. In either case your case would be processed because you have one of the state approval which was given out of there allocated quota :)

----but yes priority can be changed. may b u will move up or move down

Up is fine, but how much down can we get. :sad: any ideas ?

i doubt that 176 applicants with SS are going to be thrown in Priority Group 5 if they're occupation is listed in the relevant state schedule at the time of application... in fact, for all matters and purposes, you guys have been bumped to Priority Group 3 [refer the post mentioned couple of pages ago]... however it won't affect much because your cases are in SC and until they hear from them, nothing's happening...

AssalamoAlaikum,

Nosferatu,

there are some 190 cases that weren't referred...

I'm a BD applicant so I don't know if my experience on Visa Stamping would have any relevance with your perspective...

I got the passports stamped because it is, to me, an investment for next five years. Although I could do without the visa stamps, but you know you will make your life easy for the next 5 years in the situations where you will have to produce your visa status. Plus, you might want to visit other countries from Oz and you eliminate the trouble of spending time looking for information if that country or the transiting countries acknowledge Grant Letter. You will have to give evidence of your visa status for certain services like buying phone, having loan, Centerlink, Medicare, TFN and what not. Things are easier with visa stamped. I believe spending AUD70 is worth it.

I applied for visa stamping and it took the high commission 1 week to deliver, with no question asked.

Re requirement of return ticket: for migrants and students (if not a short course), no need of return ticket, one-way ticket is is obviously rational because you are flying to settle in where you might not have an immediate plan to return. Its the airlines who will issue you boarding pass, the immigration officer has, in principle, nothing to do with the tickets (I know even then some stupid BD, PAK, IND immi officers poke their noses in).

Cheers!!! Jack

Yes, apparently the processing duration for referred meds is around 8-14 weeks so we can safely presume that early Jan 2013 meds will be finalized before 15th April 2013.

BTW, why medicals are referred? According to some posts on various forums, meds of applicants suffering from some major ailment are usually referred however recently meds of some applicants, who were purportedly enjoying good health, were referred as well.

medical for me and wife got finalised in 2 days but my daughter got reffered...although Thanks Allah she is in perfect health....dont know the reason for reffered..on forums this is the case with majority of applicants...what i understand ..if ur not getting finalised in 7-10 days after medicals..u've got reffered.

Today got an email from CO: "New penal clearances will be required. I am unsure if new medical checks will be required. External character checks are sometimes cleared soon after additional information is required. The current health checks have expired, but I have limited discretion to extend them up to six months. They would then expire on 01/05/13. Please do not initiate any further checks until I request you to do so."

Everything seems foggy & I do not get anything clear!!!:unsure:

Today got an email from CO: "New penal clearances will be required. I am unsure if new medical checks will be required. External character checks are sometimes cleared soon after additional information is required. The current health checks have expired, but I have limited discretion to extend them up to six months. They would then expire on 01/05/13. Please do not initiate any further checks until I request you to do so."

Everything seems foggy & I do not get anything clear!!!:unsure:

I think you are very close to a PCC/Med call mate.

Archived