gr8leo87

For your information guys.

I went to license center in Lahore to get international license. One guy pushed me for visa stamping as validity of VISA before they issue me the international license. I went into argument with him and told him that I have the grant letter and you can verify it over the internet. He showed me no concerns and said go to the IT room and talk to the concerned person there. I went there, and without a single word of argument, the guy in the IT room took my snap and issued me the international license card on the spot!

Today I talked to Irfan Afzaal who is arranging my ticket to Melbourne. I asked him about the stamping the passport and its importance. He confirmed me in clear words that it is not needed at all at any airport in Pakistan as they have be well informed about electronic VISA verification against your passport number.

Another friend of mine who is settled in Melbourne on the same 175 VISA recommended me to join following Pakistan community on Facebook to find accommodation.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/psaamembers/

Please stay cool who are waiting for their VISA. Enjoy you time in your homeland with your family and friends while you can. Now I feel how much of a challenge it would be to move and adjust in totally new and different place.

I will keep you updated.

No need for International License, just take NOC from licensing branch and get it attested from Ministry of Foreign affairs Camp office. You can drive on your Pakistani License for 3 Months here in Aust. so no issue.

You will send this NOC to Pakistani embassy in canberra and then they will issue you a letter confirming that your License is genuine. after that you can apply for Australian license. if your Driving lisc. is more then 3 years old then you will receive FULL unrestricted Driving license.

hope it will help

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the country level, data and research suggests that

the most expensive countries are:

- Norway (index 173.85)

- Switzerland (151.77)

- Australia (133.66)

- Luxembourg (124.76)

- Denmark (119.95)

- Japan (115.24)

- Sweden (114.47)

- New Zealand (113.63)

- Bahrain (113.49)

- Iceland (112.43)

The least expensive countries are:

- Macedonia (46.48)

- Indonesia (46.14)

- Bangladesh (44.83)

- Egypt (44.82)

- Vietnam (43.21)

- Bolivia (41.50)

- Algeria (41.49)

- Nepal (38.74)

- Pakistan (33.41)

- India (30.92)

On the country level, data and research suggests that

the most expensive countries are:

- Norway (index 173.85)

- Switzerland (151.77)

- Australia (133.66)

- Luxembourg (124.76)

- Denmark (119.95)

- Japan (115.24)

- Sweden (114.47)

- New Zealand (113.63)

- Bahrain (113.49)

- Iceland (112.43)

The least expensive countries are:

- Macedonia (46.48)

- Indonesia (46.14)

- Bangladesh (44.83)

- Egypt (44.82)

- Vietnam (43.21)

- Bolivia (41.50)

- Algeria (41.49)

- Nepal (38.74)

- Pakistan (33.41)

- India (30.92)

What are the parameters of this survey? IMO, the individuals who believe that Pakistan is the second least expensive country in this world have not lived even for a single day in Pakistan.

Based on 48 goods and services, Numbeo's survey for 2013 is made using a data cut on 4th of February 2013. This year data cut contains 367958 entries from 33448 individual contributors worldwide.

The data on city level are showing Norwegian cities Stavanger, Trondheim, Oslo and Bergen on top of the list of most expensive cities. Several cities in Switzerland are also among the most expensive in the world: Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Lausanne and Bern. Among the 25 most expensive cities in the world, our list includes also eight Australian cities: Perth, Sydney, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Only a few cities which are not in Norway, Switzerland and Australia made their way into the top 25 most expensive list: Luanda in Angola, Stockholm in Sweden, Arhus and Copenhagen in Denmark, Paris in France, Luxembourg and on 25th place Tokyo in Japan.

List with details on city level is available at: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings.jsp

No need for International License, just take NOC from licensing branch and get it attested from Ministry of Foreign affairs Camp office. You can drive on your Pakistani License for 3 Months here in Aust. so no issue.

You will send this NOC to Pakistani embassy in canberra and then they will issue you a letter confirming that your License is genuine. after that you can apply for Australian license. if your Driving lisc. is more then 3 years old then you will receive FULL unrestricted Driving license.

hope it will help

wait wait!!

this will really help!..

okay erm.. whats this NOC for? what should I ask the licensing branch?

the australian license is without any test?

171100_o.jpg

Yooooooooooohoooooo!!!!!! :cool:

Alhamdulilah approved! Didn't have my speech mental prepared, so I'm kinda lost for words right now - I just feel like Rocky after climbing those steps!

Thanks to all who've endured my frequent rants and feedback. PIO has been great the whole forum all this while...I remember earlier being part of a thread that was waiting for CO grants back in 2011!! Been quite a while here....Thank you all bhai log here;yup each and everyone of you that silently says a little prayer, each time they see a email notification for a new reply pop-up in their inbox, for visa grants and success of others. :wubclub:

For everyone waiting specially the ones who applied prior to 2011 - hang in there its around the corner mates! Thanks to all of you from the very bottom of my heart :notworthy:

PS. In panic mode for another reason: initial entry date is midway through May'13, just a tad over 3 months from now!:realmad: We got our first call the same time last year, so they've probably tethered to it(point to be noted for ppl requesting deferment of MEDS). Guess I'll be taking me family with me for the initial journey and sending them back as opposed to the actual route of going there alone, setting up camp and then calling them in permanently. Confused:wacko:

171100_o.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18236[/ATTACH]

Alhamdulilah approved! Didn't have my speech mental prepared, so I'm kinda lost for words right now - I just feel like Rocky after climbing those steps!

Thanks to all who've endured my frequent rants and feedback. PIO has been great the whole forum all this while...I remember earlier being part of a thread that was waiting for CO grants back in 2011!! Been quite a while here....Thank you all bhai log here;yup each and everyone of you that silently says a little prayer, each time they see a email notification for a new reply pop-up in their inbox, for visa grants and success of others. :wubclub:

For everyone waiting specially the ones who applied prior to 2011 - hang in there its around the corner mates! Thanks to all of you from the very bottom of my heart :notworthy:

PS. In panic mode for another reason: initial entry date is midway through May'13, just a tad over 3 months from now!:realmad: We got our first call the same time last year, so they've probably tethered to it(point to be noted for ppl requesting deferment of MEDS). Guess I'll be taking me family with me for the initial journey and sending them back as opposed to the actual route of going there alone, setting up camp and then calling them in permanently. Confused:wacko:

Congratulations brothers :) indeed great news :)

wait wait!!

this will really help!..

okay erm.. whats this NOC for? what should I ask the licensing branch?

the australian license is without any test?

Non Objection Certificate :P ... Just Ask them that, you need to apply for License in Australia so u need NOc or some times traffic police officers call it Verification letter. For another hint tell them that, same letter which they use to issue for Saudia Arabia or UAE :)

You will go for Computerised knowledge test and Driving test. Only help you can get from Pakistani License is that, If its more than 3 years old then u will receive C class unrestricted DL. and believe me Full license is very useful.

Great Great. Congratulations dragonz.

Congrats buddy, its a great news :)

initial date is too close, wish u all the best.

Good news my friends,

I have been assigned the CO and the CO directly asked me to submit the medicals for me my wife and my daughter and PCC for me and my wife..

Yahoooooooooo.

Does anybody knows what it means????

WA SS & EOI applied 01/12/12, WA SS approved on 08/01/2013, Singed & sent WASS agreement on 09/01/2013, Invitation to apply on 15/01/2013, Applied visa for 190 on 17/01/2013 and all requirement met, CO assigned on 05/02/2013 Meds & PCC requested by CO directly..

:wink:

Congratulation dragonz..... wish everybody a very very quick grants.

Anyhow my jins told me that everybody on this thread will get the grants before July 2013 so its just matter of little more time.:wink:

Congrats . Best of luck for your move and remember us in your prayers :)

I feel that they removed Pakistan from HR list now in the new EOI system. Seniors can argue and comments on this.

Majority of applicants from Pakistan are getting direct Med / PCC call after applying.

One other Paki applicant got direct PCC / MED call immediately after applying. See his timelines below

Good news friends,

Today I was assigned the

CO and CO directly request for Medicals and PCC.

Yahooooooo

WA SS

& EOI applied 01/12/12, WA SS approved on 08/01/2013, Singed & sent WASS

agreement on 09/01/2013, Invitation to apply on 15/01/2013, Applied visa for 190

on 17/01/2013 and all requirement met, CO assigned on 05/02/2013 Meds & PCC

requested by CO

Good news my friends,

I have been assigned the CO and the CO directly asked me to submit the medicals for me my wife and my daughter and PCC for me and my wife..

Yahoooooooooo.

Does anybody knows what it means????

WA SS & EOI applied 01/12/12, WA SS approved on 08/01/2013, Singed & sent WASS agreement on 09/01/2013, Invitation to apply on 15/01/2013, Applied visa for 190 on 17/01/2013 and all requirement met, CO assigned on 05/02/2013 Meds & PCC requested by CO directly..

By looking at the current trends, it means you will get a direct visa without going into long security checks like rest of 17X applicants :). Congrats in advance for your visa

:wink:

Congratulation dragonz..... wish everybody a very very quick grants.

Anyhow my jins told me that everybody on this thread will get the grants before July 2013 so its just matter of little more time.:wink:

Your jins are very sweet :). Allah aap ki bat sache kar day ameen

By looking at the current trends, it means you will get a direct visa without going into long security checks like rest of 17X applicants :). Congrats in advance for your visa

Thanks Bro,

I was not expecting such fast processing either.

But by the Grace of Allah Subhan Taalla and prayers of my mother, wife and 4.5 years old daughter and ofcourse all my fellow members on this forum I didnt wait much.

I wish everybody waiting for long time for grants get their grants very soon.

Archived