gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, I am in Melbourne with family for a 3 months short course. Just came a couple of days back and today received an email from CO to be offshore for the visa to be stamped. Although, I have a return ticket for Pakistan but do not want to waste it and take a long trip.

Any advice what could be the cheapest, nearest and the easiest way to be offshore?? Regards

So u have to pay 420$ now? right? :eek:

Hi friends,

Can someone advise on not getting passport labeled while moving to Melbourne from Lahore Pakistan?

It is written in grant letter that VISA evidencing is not needed and even Pakistani embassy site confirms that.

http://www.pakistan.embassy.gov.au/islm/120822pg17diac.html

I dont want to get this done as it will cost me 70*3 (210 AUD) for 3 passports.

Can someone advise with recent experience?

Better to be safe than sorry mate. Get it done.

Guys, I am in Melbourne with family for a 3 months short course. Just came a couple of days back and today received an email from CO to be offshore for the visa to be stamped. Although, I have a return ticket for Pakistan but do not want to waste it and take a long trip.

Any advice what could be the cheapest, nearest and the easiest way to be offshore?? Regards

So your meds have been finalized?

Hi All

Questions for those who recently got their Medical / PCC call.

Once you receive Medical call , does a link named "Arrange Health Examination" appears which enables you to complete and print a referral letter online ?

In case of going FL medicals, do we have to ask CO to activate that link or do we have to call DIAC to get it activated?

Thank you for your kind reply. I shall do the same and will face any butt-hole if gets in the way. I just hope that officials at Lahore airport wont annoy.

I would advise you to spend the 210$$ and avoid any hastle. you never know with those sitting in the immigration.

For your information guys.

I went to license center in Lahore to get international license. One guy pushed me for visa stamping as validity of VISA before they issue me the international license. I went into argument with him and told him that I have the grant letter and you can verify it over the internet. He showed me no concerns and said go to the IT room and talk to the concerned person there. I went there, and without a single word of argument, the guy in the IT room took my snap and issued me the international license card on the spot!

Today I talked to Irfan Afzaal who is arranging my ticket to Melbourne. I asked him about the stamping the passport and its importance. He confirmed me in clear words that it is not needed at all at any airport in Pakistan as they have be well informed about electronic VISA verification against your passport number.

Another friend of mine who is settled in Melbourne on the same 175 VISA recommended me to join following Pakistan community on Facebook to find accommodation.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/psaamembers/

Please stay cool who are waiting for their VISA. Enjoy you time in your homeland with your family and friends while you can. Now I feel how much of a challenge it would be to move and adjust in totally new and different place.

I will keep you updated.

I went to license center in Lahore to get international license. One guy pushed me for visa stamping as validity of VISA before they issue me the international license. I went into argument with him and told him that I have the grant letter and you can verify it over the internet. He showed me no concerns and said go to the IT room and talk to the concerned person there. I went there, and without a single word of argument, the guy in the IT room took my snap and issued me the international license card on the spot!

Today I talked to Irfan Afzaal who is arranging my ticket to Melbourne. I asked him about the stamping the passport and its importance. He confirmed me in clear words that it is not needed at all at any airport in Pakistan as they have be well informed about electronic VISA verification against your passport number.

Another friend of mine who is settled in Melbourne on the same 175 VISA recommended me to join following Pakistan community on Facebook to find accommodation.

Please stay cool who are waiting for their VISA. Enjoy you time in your homeland with your family and friends while you can. Now I feel how much of a challenge it would be to move and adjust in totally new and different place.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the info. This will help many!!

I will keep you updated.

very informative post ... wish u all the best with the big move.

I will keep you updated.

Excellent and very helpful post.

Archived