gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question.

How to contact DIAC via phone to just verify that when did my SC start. Also, what information will they ask me to know exactly who I am and which case I am talking about. Any help is welcome.

I will also appreciate if some one can advise the right time to call them.

When calling DIAC, you can dial the GSM enquiries number (1300 364 613) and then press 2 (this will take you into post-lodgement), and then press 0 (this is to "speak to an operator"). Once you get an operator on the other side (which might very well be after half an hour of being on hold), you can start by telling them you need to enquire about your application. Offer to tell them your TRN or Client ID. Once they look it up, they will ask you some details to verify your identity (Full Name, Date of Birth, Address, and sometimes occupation and visa type as well). Once the verification is done, then you can go through with whatever your questions are.

Be aware though, not all operators will tell you the same amount of information.

You can call them between 9-4 Monday-Friday, and they operate by Central Australian Time (which is GMT+9:30 normally, and GMT+10:30 from October's first Sunday to April's first Sunday).

When making enquiries about SCs to IGIS,You can provide IGIS with your File reference number (usually written as "TRIM File Reference" in the email acknowledging your application); also mention your Client Number and TRN in the body of the complaint/enquiry to IGIS. They ask for your passport details etc as well, so they'll be able to cross-match it without much issue.

Dear Twister,

Mera Jin kehta ha ka app ka med & pcc call ka time aana he wala ha.

I am praying for all of you ppl and you ppl also pray for each of us and hope the miracle will happen to all of us espacially who are waiting so long for their dreams to come true.

Regards

Thanks Brother. Alhamdulillah my visa was granted 10-Jan-13. I had front-loaded PCCs and Meds so the "call" for them didn't come through separately.

Bro...He already got his visa..:)..He was just telling us about his security checks duration....I think this waiting has get into your nerves :)

Hahaha dear I just applied on 17/01/2013 so only 4 days waiting till date ;) actually u r right. My fellow members waiting time is getting on my nerves. Anyhow wish everybody a super fast prosseccing.

When calling DIAC, you can dial the GSM enquiries number (1300 364 613) and then press 2 (this will take you into post-lodgement), and then press 0 (this is to "speak to an operator"). Once you get an operator on the other side (which might very well be after half an hour of being on hold), you can start by telling them you need to enquire about your application. Offer to tell them your TRN or Client ID. Once they look it up, they will ask you some details to verify your identity (Full Name, Date of Birth, Address, and sometimes occupation and visa type as well). Once the verification is done, then you can go through with whatever your questions are.

Be aware though, not all operators will tell you the same amount of information.

You can call them between 9-4 Monday-Friday, and they operate by Central Australian Time (which is GMT+9:30 normally, and GMT+10:30 from October's first Sunday to April's first Sunday).

When making enquiries about SCs to IGIS,You can provide IGIS with your File reference number (usually written as "TRIM File Reference" in the email acknowledging your application); also mention your Client Number and TRN in the body of the complaint/enquiry to IGIS. They ask for your passport details etc as well, so they'll be able to cross-match it without much issue.

Hi twister,

Agree with your answer. I called last week for the same information ( SC), but she aksed me to write mail to CO. But some 4 months ago when I called, the information they gave was more enough. As you said, It happens with who attend the call.

Cheers.

I do not understand why people are talking about their unluckiness regarding 175/176. When we applied, it was very clear to us that it will take about 12-15 months (176) and about 18-24 months (175). We are observing that people are getting grant almost within this time frame.

Now, if the process has become faster for 189/190 (although 189 has yet to confirm). It is their luckiness not our unluckiness. DIAC is doing their work according to the guideline stated on their website.

I do not understand why people are talking about their unluckiness regarding 175/176. When we applied, it was very clear to us that it will take about 12-15 months (176) and about 18-24 months (175). We are observing that people are getting grant almost within this time frame.

Now, if the process has become faster for 189/190 (although 189 has yet to confirm). It is their luckiness not our unluckiness. DIAC is doing their work according to the guideline stated on their website.

Mine 24th Month will be over on 26th Jan, and i am very hopeful, wish u luck

Was'nt that 18 months for 175 HR applicant as per DIAC?

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]4[/TD]

[TD]Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)[/TD]

[TD]18 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored

(subclass 189 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]12 months

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Oliman, yes you are right this was the given timeline on DIAC website :eek: ...

and i am freaking frustrated because 3 of my friends who applied just 1 month before me, same occupation, same visa type, almmost same scenario as mine, same co allocation date (1 months prior to me) got thier meds call 2 months ago!

and i am freaking frustrated because 3 of my friends who applied just 1 month before me, same occupation, same visa type, almmost same scenario as mine, same co allocation date (1 months prior to me) got thier meds call 2 months ago!

Brother i can feel your frustration and i was also in same phase when some of my friends who applied after me got there grants before me, but u should be positive :)

You may be right to some extent but it is understandable for people who have crossed 18 months window for their 175/176, and it is 18 months for 175 also. Nevertheless, visa is a privilege and what can one do except waiting and writing in blogs in utter frustration after long waits.

No 2 cases are same and you cannot compare your case with anyone.

Was'nt that 18 months for 175 HR applicant as per DIAC?

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]4[/TD]

[TD]Nominated Occupation on the SOL – Schedule 1

(subclass 175, 495, 496, 861, 862, 863, 880, 881, 882, 883, 885 and 176, 475, 487 if not SMP)[/TD]

[TD]18 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SkillSelect Independent and Family Sponsored

(subclass 189 and 489)[/TD]

[TD]12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yes, its 18 months according to the website BUT it also stated that: 'We (DIAC) aim to process 75% of the applications within this time frame'. All of us know very well that we, being an VHR country, do not fall in those 75%. Historically/actually, our time frame was that which I mentioned in my last post.

Few days back, I predicted (based on certain estimations) that though the quota of FS visa has elapsed but they may receive their Med/PCC call in few weeks. Yesterday, one of those applicants received his Med/PCC call. Inshallah rest will receive soon.

Now, it my gut feeling that all 175/176 visa (applied before 30-06-2012) will start receiving their Med/PCC call in May. Inshallah

Yes, its 18 months according to the website BUT it also stated that: 'We (DIAC) aim to process 75% of the application within this time frame'. All of us know very well that we, being an VHR country, do not fall in those 75%. Historically/actually, our time frame was that which I mentioned in my last post.

Few days back, I predicted (based on certain calculation) that though the quota of FS visa has elapsed but they may receive their Med/PCC call in few weeks. Yesterday, one of those applicants received his Med/PCC call. Inshallah rest will receive soon.

Now, it my gut feeling that all 175/176 visa (applied before 30-06-2012) will start receiving their Med/PCC call in May. Inshallah

In Sha Allah

Yes, its 18 months according to the website BUT it also stated that: 'We (DIAC) aim to process 75% of the applications within this time frame'. All of us know very well that we, being an VHR country, do not fall in those 75%. Historically/actually, our time frame was that which I mentioned in my last post.

Few days back, I predicted (based on certain estimations) that though the quota of FS visa has elapsed but they may receive their Med/PCC call in few weeks. Yesterday, one of those applicants received his Med/PCC call. Inshallah rest will receive soon.

yaar May is too late for me, hath hola rakhain bhai jaan :)

I apologize if I mislead anyone. Inshallah you will receive ur silver mail within 2-3 weeks.

You should get the medical/PCC call sooner than that

INSHALLAH, this is the first time i got some prediction on timelines other than brother Nosferatu :laugh: ... i hope it will work this time.

As per website, 176 processing time is 12 months, 175 processing is 18 months and 190 is 6 months. Really strange to know that 190 getting in 3 months, whereas 176 getting in 15 months. May be 3 extra moths being added in 176 is being compensated by reducing 3 months in 190 :smile:

189 processing time is 12 months

Archived