Fire Roleystone/Kelmscott

Irishgirl1

Hi Guys,

Just saw this on our weather network news. I have a dear friend who lives in Brigadoon, so my thoughts are with her and her family tonight. Can't believe what Australia is going through at the moment... cyclones and floods on the east coast and now fires on the west coast.

Hope everyone is staying safe, at the end of the day, property can be replaced, lives can't.

Karen

Hi Everyone

Can't sleep:((

Thank you Fiona for letting everyone know we are ok really appreciated xxx

My Parents

lost there house, but they are ok and safe thats all that matters

the fire still raging and very unpredictable, so will see how our house is in the morning

if we can get back up there

So hoping through the night it gets under control

Many thanks to all the fire fighters, volunteers and people in general just helping out the people in need.

we are at my brother and sis in law house in Seville Grove on the flat as they say

Thank you for the kinds thoughts

Take care everyone in Perth near the fires

Laney xxx

hey laney big hugs to u and ur family ...cant imagine what ur going through right now ...i also cant sleep as my daughter is a volunteer firey currently at kelmscott ....if there is anything i can do please please get in touch ...take care and i pray ur home is ok

julie x

Guest famousfive

Stay safe everyone,sorry to hear about your parents house but at least they are safe and well which is all that matters really

just thinking about everyone invloved in the bush fires and especially to Elaine and her parents who have been badly involved. Of course life is more important than possesions but it must be really traumatic to lose your house and belongings, all the best to everyone.

Arlene

Guest dawnpepper

Had a colleague who lost her home in the Lake clifton fire so have seen the devastation this can cause in one's life and now I have an ex-colleague who lives up in Roleystone who I can't get any info on. Thoughts go out to you all that everyone stays safe. Love to anyone going through this at the moment. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Thank you to everyone for there kind words :hug:

My house is ok,as already said my parents house is gone and alot of very close friends have lost there homes too:-(( very sad but the help from the people of Armadale/Kelscott and Roleystone has been amazing, they had to turn people away who have been donating there stuff and just bringing food etc, they had that much they could'nt take anymore. :yes:

Loads of people have lost there homes and some with alot of damage, please keep all these people in your thoughts.

Special thanks to Fiona and Susie, Keily and Ali, thanks for being concerned xxx

Mrs Keily say a big thank you to your amazing daughter and I hope she is ok, they all do an amazing job, God Bless them all:notworthy:

Laney :hug:

Australia sure is getting a bad run this year lets hope thats the end of it

Guest siamsusie

Laney, as I said in my message to you, if there is anything your parents need..... and I can get many items to WA with no problem.

I am so gutted about your parents home/and the remaining 65 home owners, despite no loss of life (hopefully) years of hard work blood and tears.....but they are safe, which is the major thing.

I see on the news that they are interviewing a policeman who may have started the whole thing off grinding his trailor I believe.... I would imagine he is feeling absolutely shocked as well.

Man who used grinder spoken to by police

Innocent happenings can cause such travesty without forethought!

Laney you and your parents are in my thoughts.

Love Susie x

So glad your home is ok. Our thoughts are with those who have lost everything.

One of the things I have heard about the relief operations up here from the floods, is that the household goods arrived much too soon. No one was able to return to their homes and there was nowhere to store stuff. I believe some stuff may have been wasted. What a terrible shame. I hope we can learn from that.

Archived