Anyone heard from WA re: SS??

GaryandGillDublin

Australia day tomorrow so I guess we will not be hearing from WA again!! By Thursday it will be two weeks since oh got the 'assessing' email :eek: I want to celebrate Australia Day... Come on WA please I really want to own a blue passport!!! I've got my flags out ready... :jiggy:

We got the 'being assessed' email on the 24th December, still waiting !!!! Lucky I have patience !!!!!:twitcy:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We got the 'being assessed' email on the 24th December, still waiting !!!! Lucky I have patience !!!!!:twitcy:

We got the 'assessed' email on the 21st Dec.... Not sure if my patience is holding out. :wink:

Forgot all about Australia Day til I saw the post on here :wacko: Won't be checking emails at 6 am tomorrow so... But I just can't pass the computer without logging on... aaahhh I am slowly going insane haha...

x

No news from us either.

Daily OCD style checking here I come!

Here's an idea - probably one without merit but here I go - OH surname begins with "V", alphabetical processing anyone? They've just not reached our end yet?

Oh god, we're W !:biglaugh:

We got the 'assessed' email on the 21st Dec.... Not sure if my patience is holding out. :wink:

Forgot all about Australia Day til I saw the post on here :wacko: Won't be checking emails at 6 am tomorrow so... But I just can't pass the computer without logging on... aaahhh I am slowly going insane haha...

x

Feeling left out now, we haven't had an "assessed" email :mad:

Ho hum, I suppose it will happen one day. Not today though - already checked (twice)! :no:

Guest perth42
Our agent got back to us this morning, he was away but WA emailed him on Mon 24.01.11 with an attached email -------- SS APPROVED WOOHOO

Can't believe it. :notworthy:

Now to lodge the visa.

Best of luck to everyone on here waiting. Has to be any day now. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

x

That's great news!!! Hopefully not too much longer for the rest of us to wait - fingers and toes!!!! I feel reassured that you've had news as I was starting to think it was going to be one batch of applications per month going from assessed to approved! :wink:

Our agent got back to us this morning, he was away but WA emailed him on Mon 24.01.11 with an attached email -------- SS APPROVED WOOHOO

Now to lodge the visa.

Best of luck to everyone on here waiting. Has to be any day now. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

x

:hug:Congrats

:dull:Nothing here yet , i have got trigger finger already for checking emails to many times :biglaugh:

Guest perth42

I thought I'd drop our agent a quick email about this....

...I know I'm going to ask my usual question (how long is a piece of string!)

but do you have any idea how long it will be from assessed to approved on

the WA SS? Have you seen much movement come through from them?...

Response:

I have not yet had anyone approved by WA under the SMP. I suspect that a 3

month processing time will be the norm when everything calms down as I would

have expected WA to have been inundated with applications immediately after

the release of their SMP.

I have to say our agents have been spot on with all the timelines so far..... so if WA do by some mircle pull their fingers out we may be surprised with an earlier time frame... Maybe we will all have to hold back on the OCD checking throughout the day.... :daydreaming:

Guest My Hubby is Irish

Now to lodge the visa.

x

Out of interest what time on the 20th Dec did you lodge your application? Am trying to work if there is a pecking order as ours was lodged by 8.30am WST and have not heard anything. They advised me that applications would be assessed in order of date applied?? Also if anyone else is posting an approval notice please advise what occupation as WA open unfilled quota's on the first of each month so hoping that means we get a answer before 1 Feb 2011. waiting waiting waiting

x

Excellent news! Well done you !!

xx

Out of interest what time on the 20th Dec did you lodge your application? Am trying to work if there is a pecking order as ours was lodged by 8.30am WST and have not heard anything. They advised me that applications would be assessed in order of date applied?? Also if anyone else is posting an approval notice please advise what occupation as WA open unfilled quota's on the first of each month so hoping that means we get a answer before 1 Feb 2011. waiting waiting waiting

Hi there, This my first post so I hope this works!:wub:

Our agent applied for us on the 20th at about 11:30am (GMT) and we haven't heard anything yet. Although our agency have had somebody already receive a "yes" from W.A even though they applied for them on the 22nd! Doesn't quite seem to fit what W.A have told you and makes no sense :confused:. My guess is that the pecking order may be based on occupation. The only hope I'm hanging on to is there must be a space on the quota for our application or else we would have been turned away when applying on-line. I'm not sure if I'll manage waiting for 3 months though!!:arghh:

(by the way the smilies on here are pretty cool :biggrin:)

JUST GOT HOME AND GOT EMAIL THAT I HAVE GOT SS AS A GENERAL PLUMBER...:chatterbox:

YEEHAA, I LODGED ON THE 29/12/10 AND 2 DAYS AGO THEY SAID I HAD NOT SUBMITTED A POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT, SENT THEM IT AGAIN AND WEY HEY...:laugh:

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU GUYS...

THAT WAS QUICK, JUST HOPE THERE IS ENOUGH WORK OUT THERE...

CHEERS NICK..:jimlad:

Guest perth42

You lucky thing...well done! Exciting times!!! I now think they have a unique system of work order... They'll process whatever application is at the top of their pile lol!! Well I guess we have a time frame now so any day from tommorrow and the next 3 months!! I hope not I'll be grey!! :wink: :fish:

Well done u guys i'm so happy 4u!

All the best for the rest of your adventure and make sure u keep us posted :o)

Now to lodge the visa.

x

Hi Guys - just checked in box and we got our WA SS approval today! Woohoo. Cat 2 here we come!

Good luck to all those who are waititng. My conclusion is they are processing them in a strictly random order! Just keep fingers crossed - it will happen.

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::

Guest perth42
Hi Guys - just checked in box and we got our WA SS approval today! Woohoo. Cat 2 here we come!

Good luck to all those who are waititng. My conclusion is they are processing them in a strictly random order! Just keep fingers crossed - it will happen.

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::

Congratulations... What trade/occupation are you?

Guys how do you check the staus of your SS? I dont know what to go into!! Do I need to get some sort of reference number from my agent?

Hey,

We did SS application ourselves - as in we stayed up on 20.12.10 until 11pm our time, filled out the form etc etc and submitted about midnight. On the form it asks if you have an agent so we said yes and entered his name.

The 'application being assessed' email came to us directly from WA Migration the next day but the email saying 'SS approved' was sent to our agent.

I emailed them and my agent Wed to see if there was any update. My agent came back quicker to say he'd been away and an email/approval letter had been sent Mon 24.01.11. Then a response from WA Migration came to my email this morning to say the outcome of our SS application had been sent to our agent.

So maybe, even if you lodged the form yourself, if you have an agent, the result may go back to them and not you.

Just a thought 'cos I know how hard the waiting is.

Best of luck everyone :wink:

x

Guest WA Jezza

Congratulations to all the latest lucky people, sitting here with fingers firmly crossed that i could be one of the next with good news.

Guest jackfrew

Hi everyone.

Hadn't checked this morning as had kids to get ready. So just checked there. Got the email saying APPROVED.:spinny::spinny::spinny:

Our timescale is: Submitted SS on 20/12/2010 - GOT EMAIL TO SAY GETTING ASSESSED 10/01/2011 - APPROVED EMAIL TODAY 28/01/2011 - MOTOR MECHANIC

Hope you all start to hear soon.

I think a big drink is called for tonight.xxxxx

Archived