Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Guest irishchicko
Hi Everyone,

Need help booking flights.

What Airline is the best to go with ?

What website?

Anyone that has booked to leave this year wat did ye do.Any help would be great.

Thanks

Muriel

I think Emirates are the best. They fly Dublin to Dubai and Dubai to Perth. I think this route breaks up the journey more evenly as its about 1O hrs both ways. Also, try and get the airbus A380 - its supposed to be fab and much better than 747.

Hope this helps

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crosby Family
I think Emirates are the best. They fly Dublin to Dubai and Dubai to Perth. I think this route breaks up the journey more evenly as its about 1O hrs both ways. Also, try and get the airbus A380 - its supposed to be fab and much better than 747.

Hope this helps

I have been told that singapore airelines are great and they have the A380 did you hear anyting about them?

Thanks

I have been told that singapore airelines are great and they have the A380 did you hear anyting about them?

Thanks

Hey chick,

Did ya get that removal quote yet? I was on ebookers last night and the flights are coming in at around 800-900 per person. Kevin was slaggin me sayin I won't get there til next June....he's lousy:sad: My documents finally changed to Met. Did you print off your forms for the medical and bring them with you? Got my exam results yesterday, passed with flying colours, I'm delighted....

Thanks

hi There, I am going on 28th August and we are flying with Singapore. Leaves Dublin at 7PM goes to London, then to singapore and then perth. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Plus you get the 40 kg Baggage Allowance if your travelling on a 175 or 176 Visa.

they have an office in Dublin who will answer any queries. we got the flights for €2,000 approx. Thats 2 adults , 1 child and an Infant although we didnt book a seat for him we have a bassinet seat.

To get the extra baggage allowance all you have to do is book your tickets and then just send them a copy of your visa grant notice and they change the tickets at their dublin office. Be aware though that it costs 35 euro per passenger to change this, a cost that can't be avoided but it is well worth it. Any questions about the process just shout?

:biggrin:

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Hun,

Paul is comming between 1 and 2 to give us a quote, Careline rang yesterday said he would have quote soon, trying all morn to get best price and times for flights comming in at 2,273.00 with Singapore for 3 Oct:jiggy:

Guest Crosby Family

:jiggy:

Hi Hun,

Paul is comming between 1 and 2 to give us a quote, Careline rang yesterday said he would have quote soon, trying all morn to get best price and times for flights comming in at 2,273.00 with Singapore for 3 Oct:jiggy:

Sorry about that Myra Hit the wrong button all this booking of flights has made me finally realise we are goin and the nerves are kicking in as you can see by my mistake here

Guest Crosby Family
hi There, I am going on 28th August and we are flying with Singapore. Leaves Dublin at 7PM goes to London, then to singapore and then perth. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Plus you get the 40 kg Baggage Allowance if your travelling on a 175 or 176 Visa.

they have an office in Dublin who will answer any queries. we got the flights for €2,000 approx. Thats 2 adults , 1 child and an Infant although we didnt book a seat for him we have a bassinet seat.

To get the extra baggage allowance all you have to do is book your tickets and then just send them a copy of your visa grant notice and they change the tickets at their dublin office. Be aware though that it costs 35 euro per passenger to change this, a cost that can't be avoided but it is well worth it. Any questions about the process just shout?

Thanks baz6679,

I have been on the Singapore website all morn best for us i think is Dub 7.30am to London then London to Singapore A380 with 2,15 min layover then on to Perth. Our Son is 12yrs old so he is priced as adult.Do you have a number for the Dublin office?Also do you get charged extra for the baggage on the Airlingus flight to LONDON ?iM Sooooo nervous i get it all wrong its such a big step.... not like a normal holiday booking:confused:Muriel

Hey, €2000 is fantastic but the flights are going up now because it's coming into their summer. How old is your infant? Mine will be almost two when we travel, not sure whether to get him a seat or not...although having him on my lap for that length of time will just be torture especially if he's unsettled....

:jiggy:

Sorry about that Myra Hit the wrong button all this booking of flights has made me finally realise we are goin and the nerves are kicking in as you can see by my mistake here

Awe, just think....in only 8 weeks you'll be outta here....sooo jealous!

Morning Guys, WE GOT OUR VISA THIS MORNING WE ARE SOOOOOOO EXCITED .

love to all

Murielxxxxxxx:shocked:

Congrats guys! I havent been on in a while have my medicals this wed 3rd aug so hope all goes well. Getting the guilt treatment from mum and dad which is depressing!

But enough from me i wish you well and good luck for the future! Derek.

Guest Crosby Family
Congrats guys! I havent been on in a while have my medicals this wed 3rd aug so hope all goes well. Getting the guilt treatment from mum and dad which is depressing!

But enough from me i wish you well and good luck for the future! Derek.

Hi Derek,

We just booked our flights today with Singapore Airline leaving thursday 3rd Oct, nervous and excited all at once, have a lot to do .....I have to find good homes for my Persian cat and british blue cat and 2 Dalmations my heart is broken i cant bring them:sad:but hopefully i will get good homes for them. good luck with the medicals.

Muriel

Guest Crosby Family

Hi Everyone,

We booked our flights today for 6 th Oct with Singapore Airelines, sooooo hervous lots and lots to do ......

Muriel x

Hi Everyone,

We booked our flights today for 6 th Oct with Singapore Airelines, sooooo hervous lots and lots to do ......

Muriel x

Well done Muriel im sooo jealous! But delighted for you at the same time! Did you get extra baggage allowance with them? What did Aerlingus say regarding baggage? If you dont mind me asking who are you going with for shipping and what did the price come in at for how much cbft? Ive to leave my little Bichon Friss as well, heartbreaking alright but im not paying 3000+ to bring her, feck sake i would'nt pay that for de child! lol

Guest Crosby Family
Well done Muriel im sooo jealous! But delighted for you at the same time! Did you get extra baggage allowance with them? What did Aerlingus say regarding baggage? If you dont mind me asking who are you going with for shipping and what did the price come in at for how much cbft? Ive to leave my little Bichon Friss as well, heartbreaking alright but im not paying 3000+ to bring her, feck sake i would'nt pay that for de child! lol

Hi Sinead,

Cazmayo is right about the baggage for aerlingus if you book all under Singapore air it stays the same, have to ring about the xtra allowance on tue, someone said you have to get your passport stampes with visa on it first.... i could be wrong but will no more on tue.Getting prices for the container has been a nightmare swear they are taking the mick with their prices. Careline was 5,000 sharing a 40ft said i had 750cubic ft and move plus have to quote me but said i had around 680 cubic ft so trying to share a 20ft container and reduce the cubic ft to 550, they are charging some money cant seem to get a final quote from ace removals do .... so under pressure now and i have to find homes for all my babies:sad: It is so unreal that we only started this on 14 Feb and now we leave in just 8 weeks:arghh:

Muriel

Cazmayo and Muriel,

I thought this would be the case too but when i rang singapore airlines bout 2 weeks ago regarding flights the lady said aerlingus flights will charge extra for baggage and this is not there issue only from london do their rules kick in. Hopefuly she is wrong but dbl check it if i were you. Gonna look at the link now re; containers. My head bursting with loads of info bout this I NEED A HOLIDAY!

Guest Crosby Family
No problem! .... I have to get to this point, but Im a typical virgo, and research research research, ha ha.

Its good to have somthing to work off though.

Best of luck.

Kind Regards

Cazmayo

I know what you mean i have been doing the same for months and even set up a folder, but now that time has come im all in a muddle , suppose i just have to get my head around that we are actually GOING IN 8 WEEKS............... and get stuck in:wideeyed:now if only i can get an affordable price for shipping that would be great.....

Thanks again and i hope everything goes quickly for you ... The waiting is a nightmare

Murel

Guest Crosby Family
Cazmayo and Muriel,

I thought this would be the case too but when i rang singapore airlines bout 2 weeks ago regarding flights the lady said aerlingus flights will charge extra for baggage and this is not there issue only from london do their rules kick in. Hopefuly she is wrong but dbl check it if i were you. Gonna look at the link now re; containers. My head bursting with loads of info bout this I NEED A HOLIDAY!

Hi Sinead,

We provisionaly book our flights on Friday with the Dublin branch but oh did'nt ask bout that. We have since booked online as you cant book seats if you go through them in Dublin so did'nt want to take the risk have to ring to cancel on tue so will ask.I rang my travel agent in kk on sat and she said it was 20kg with everyone and to scan a copy of visa for extra baggage.so will have to see i guess.I know what you mean being stresses i taught i could take a breather for a bit but nooooooooooooo chance of that:arghh:xxx

Thanks baz6679,

I have been on the Singapore website all morn best for us i think is Dub 7.30am to London then London to Singapore A380 with 2,15 min layover then on to Perth. Our Son is 12yrs old so he is priced as adult.Do you have a number for the Dublin office?Also do you get charged extra for the baggage on the Airlingus flight to LONDON ?iM Sooooo nervous i get it all wrong its such a big step.... not like a normal holiday booking:confused:Muriel

Sorry for late reply, been away all weekend:biggrin:

Ok all we had to do was email a copy of the Visa Grant letter to their office in Dublin. The Dublin Office is 016710722.

Once i emailed this i then had to pay €35 per person to get the extra baggage allowance put on the tickets. The dublin office then email your tickets to you, they told me to check your bags in to Aer Lingus Flight in Dublin and ask them to check them the whole way for you so that when we get to London we dont have to worry about re checking our bags in.

They never mentioned this to us about extra baggage on Aer Lingus cos it shows on the tickets the extra baggage allowance.

I would also reccomend you google Seatguru. This will show the singapore airlines planes and it will help you look at the best seat and help you pick what seats you want. Any questions just shout:wink:

Hey, €2000 is fantastic but the flights are going up now because it's coming into their summer. How old is your infant? Mine will be almost two when we travel, not sure whether to get him a seat or not...although having him on my lap for that length of time will just be torture especially if he's unsettled....

Hi, again sorry for late reply. It's personal preference. Our wee boy is 13 months. We chose the flight leaving London at 10PM, leaves Dublin at 7PM and arrives London 8PM so we hope as this would be his bedtime he will sleep through the flight to singapore. We also got seated in a Bassinet Position which is the little sort of cot(if you Google Bassinet Seat Images)

which is attached to the wall in front. Is it really worth paying for your 2 year old, he is prob going to want to get up and explore:biggrin:

Any questions give me a shout:cool:

Archived